• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Do you think you're going to get what you want for Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
All I want for Christmas is a 360,

a 360,

Yah a 360.

And if I do not get a fucking 360, then i won't have a merry christmas :sad:

I don't think i'm getting it. I've been asking for it for the past THREE years, and my parents have let me down successfully each year.

I know Christmas is supposed to be about Family and all that bullshit, but I can't take this shit anymore.

If I don't get it, I'm just going to be depressed and pissy the whole time.

What do you guys got your hopes up for? Do you think you're going to get what you want?

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm not as materialistic to say that if I don't get "x" then I won't have a Merry Christmas.

As cliche as this is, it's totally true: Christmas is about family, friends and spending time together, NOT freakin' presents.

But yes, I've gotten everything I wanted and some. The only thing I asked for I didn't get was a tablet for my computer (I think) but I can most definitely live without it!

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
I'm not as materialistic to say that if I don't get "x" then I won't have a Merry Christmas.

As cliche as this is, it's totally true: Christmas is about family, friends and spending time together, NOT freakin' presents.

But yes, I've gotten everything I wanted and some. The only thing I asked for I didn't get was a tablet for my computer (I think) but I can most definitely live without it!
Good post. To me, Christmas is about Jesus and Jesus only. So, whatever I get or not, I will have a merry Christmas! (But that doesn't mean I don't want the new Thrashers third jersey. That would be sweet! :p )

dprdinky

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
Question is "Whose birthday is it anyway?" ................

Just what I thought, It's Jesus' birthday. Find a way to help someone else to have a good and wonderful day. In turn you'll feel the joy of the season in your heart in seeing how others are happy and joyous.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I didn't want anything for Christmas this year since I got to many materialistic items to know what to do with. Sure I might of asked for diapers and will get them as soon as they get here, but if I had the money to buy them myself I would have. It's not like I should be expecting my dad to pay for them anymore, which is just embarrassing to think about anyways. <_>

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
All I want for Christmas is a 360,

a 360,

Yah a 360.

And if I do not get a fucking 360, then i won't have a merry christmas :sad:

I don't think i'm getting it. I've been asking for it for the past THREE years, and my parents have let me down successfully each year.

I know Christmas is supposed to be about Family and all that bullshit, but I can't take this shit anymore.

If I don't get it, I'm just going to be depressed and pissy the whole time.

What do you guys got your hopes up for? Do you think you're going to get what you want?

Ummm, buy one? Dude, you're 22 :p

I didn't really ask for much besides a couple small things. I used to like getting money on Christmas and then going out on Boxing Day* with my family and spend it.

Now I just enjoy it because I see all my extended family and get to celebrate and such :)

*Boxing Day (for those you don't know) is Dec.26th ...big sales that day, similar to Black Friday in the U.S.

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Okay, but i've been waiting for one for 3 years...If i was 19, would you have said the same thing?

Do you know how poor college students are?

B

Butterfly Mage

My partner gave me my present early because my computer died. So I got a itty-bitty 2-pound netbook. It's pretty cool :)

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Sissy
I was hoping for a new iPod, but I get the feeling that I'm probably not gonna get it, with financial crap going on. But hell, as long as we have a happy Christmas day, then I'll be fine with it.
--Honey-sempai

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Do you know how poor people in 3rd world country's are? Last year I met my little half brother's friend near Coos Bay Oregon and this kids family was not doing well at all due to what amounts to a nearly dead end town/industry.

Anyways they did not have a xbox 360, they didn't even have a PS2 or Gamecube. All they had was a Nintendo 64, hell they did not even have Goldeneye or Perfect dark for it.

If college kids had it so bad then they wouldn't be in college which you have to pay for.

dprdinky

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Carer

Ummm, buy one? Dude, you're 22 :p

I didn't really ask for much besides a couple small things. I used to like getting money on Christmas and then going out on Boxing Day* with my family and spend it.

Now I just enjoy it because I see all my extended family and get to celebrate and such :)

*Boxing Day (for those you don't know) is Dec.26th ...big sales that day, similar to Black Friday in the U.S.
Boxing Day, December 26th, is a public holiday in the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and countries in the Commonwealth of Nations with a mainly Christian population. It is based on the tradition of giving gifts to the less fortunate members of society. Contemporary Boxing Day in many countries is now a "shopping holiday" associated with after-Christmas sales.

Boxing Day dates back to past centuries when it was the custom for the wealthy to give gifts to employees or to people in a lower social class.

Often times Arrangements are/were made for Officers of a business or in the military will/would trade places with the common folk and the common folk do the work of the officers. In olden times owners of the land would trade places with the workers of the land for that one day in order to give everyone an understanding of what or how the others carry out their work.

I guess if you wanted to try this tradition, you could always trade places with your parents and have the parents responsible for doing the chores you would normally do, and vice versa

Also there was a tradition in many churches or business where there was/is a box at the door where people would drop in monies (like they do with Salvation Army except leading up to Christmas and sometimes till later after Christmas) Then the day after Christmas the box would be opened up and distributed amongst the poor and needy of the community. Oh and December 26th is related to St. Stephens Day.

We do that, pretty much in many of our communities through offering Christmas baskets of food & presents for the holiday seasons. It's just we don't wait till the day after Christmas Day.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
If I could get what I wanted for christmas, I wouldn't be celebrating christmas. Srsly, I'm sick of the whole shebang. Decorating the house, putting up a tree, buying a bunch of crap for people that they don't need at all. I just want to go and hide out on a tropical island for a while.

dprdinky

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
If I could get what I wanted for christmas, I wouldn't be celebrating christmas. Srsly, I'm sick of the whole shebang. Decorating the house, putting up a tree, buying a bunch of crap for people that they don't need at all. I just want to go and hide out on a tropical island for a while.
Reminds me of the movie: "Christmas with the Kranks!" Due to their daughter not being home for Christmas, the husband decides they can save enough money by not celebrating Christmas that they can plan on going on a cruise beginning on Christmas Day.

Role
Other
Okay, but i've been waiting for one for 3 years...If i was 19, would you have said the same thing?

Three years ago no, two years ago yes.

If you are 22 and in college, you have better things to be doing with your time and money.

Role
Diaper Lover
I failed to Receive a De Lorean, and L4D. However, considering what I DID get, all is not lost.

This thread is too much arguments, post what you got/what you didn't get.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I am wondering if Brian got a 360. <_>

Update NAO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.