Do you think wearing diapers can cause male infertility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
My wife and I have been trying to concieve and I've been diagnosed as infertile. Since I've worn diapers off and on my entire life and 24/7 for almost 7 years, I asked my doctors if they thought that could be the reason. They sorta blew it off. However, it seems like a possibility to me. Some recent studies have apparently showed higher scrotal temperatures for infant boys who wear disposable diapers vs. those wearing cloth diapers. The authors have theorized that the prevalence of disposable diapers in the last 40 years could be why sperm counts have been dropping so much. Higher temperatures are not conducive for sperm production. So...what do you think?

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I think it could lower the sperm count but not completely kill all of them or stop their production. Of course, I am just guessing there.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm agreeing with Fire2box. If you stopped wearing diapers, wouldn't your body just start producing new and healthy sperm? If you have as a permanent condition, a low sperm count, and you are wearing loose fitting clothing, there must be other causes.

Fruitkitty

ADISC Content Editor
Staff
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Is it possible? Yes.

Is it probable? Not really.

I've read of such studies myself, and my best conclusion is that more studies are needed :rolleyes:

There are plenty of much more well known well-known causes of infertility, and the global incidence rate among couples is supposedly 1/7: Infertility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your cause is simply much more likely to be something else.

Best of luck to you and your wife.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I don't think so. While wearing a diaper will cause the testicles to heat up and consequently lower the sperm population, just as any significant difference in the testicles' normal temperature will, I don't think that wearing diapers continuously for a long period of time would cause infertility, except maybe in rare cases, like the person has a low sperm count to begin with.

Anyway, think about people with incontinence. Some of them wear diapers for their entire lives, and most wear diapers 24/7 for more than seven years. I don't know if a significant percentage of incontinent people are infertile...if that's so, then I haven't heard of it.

MistuhFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Other
as others have said, it isnt likely lol...ive wondered this myself and having done research (what little there is available to study :p) i dont think its a probable reason to become infertile...there is a posability it has to do with ur issue, tho even at that id think its a minor part.

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
It looks like many of you are saying the same thing my doctors have said, which is, the diapers aren't likely to cause permanent decreases. In my case, my count is very low, the incidence of abnormal forms is very high and the damn little buggers are barely moving. Go figure. Maybe it was all that pot I've smoked over the years?

Role
  1. Private
Infertility? I would have thought that was strictly a biological thing (radiation and unnatural sterilisation aside).

How could diapers possibly cause it anyway? Even if it was an overly sexual thing for you, I don't think a stringent masturbation schedule would do much, if any, harm.

Lets face it, they're designed to be used around your privates. I doubt regulations would allow any product that turns your swimmers from a Michael-Phelps-army into a contingent of African nations who have never seen a pool before on the market, especially one that is meant to be used for purposes involving said bodily appendages.

Clarissa

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My wife and I have been trying to concieve and I've been diagnosed as infertile. Since I've worn diapers off and on my entire life and 24/7 for almost 7 years, I asked my doctors if they thought that could be the reason. They sorta blew it off. However, it seems like a possibility to me. Some recent studies have apparently showed higher scrotal temperatures for infant boys who wear disposable diapers vs. those wearing cloth diapers. The authors have theorized that the prevalence of disposable diapers in the last 40 years could be why sperm counts have been dropping so much. Higher temperatures are not conducive for sperm production. So...what do you think?

possibily. if you gentials are squashed so often.

M

Maxx

Take the diaper off before trying to conceive <wink> <wink>

Seriously, it could be a contributing factor. I'm guessing you both are past your 20's, and factors that accumulate over time as we age make us less fertile in general. Add in the diaper heat factor and there you go. Are you 24/7 out of need? If so, I'd be looking towards whatever caused your incontinence as a possible cause as well. Another thought, catheter use over time and UTI's could have damaged some of the delicate internal plumbing.

S

secretdl26

I would say that being diapered would have been the least common denominating factor in your infertility diagnosis. While no one usually likes to talk about, heavy marijuana use can lead to fertility problems (I'm not sure what your definition of heavy versus mine would be). Also there are many unseen and often unknown environmental factors that can contribute to infertility as well. Sorry to hear about it, but diapers are probably not the cause.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I smoked a lot of pot in college and didn't have any trouble making my kids. I'm sure it's different for each individual, but I suspect more is made out of it than may actually apply. Usually infertility is a predetermined biological condition, just a quirk of the human body. I know there are things doctors can do such as separating the healthy sperm from the unhealthy, but I'm sure it's very expensive.

goodnitesgirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The high temp caused by the diaper could lower your sperm count temporarily but I would think after a few days diaper free your body would produce some new sperm that would be ready to go so it may play a small role but if you have tried going diaper-less and still have low counts its likely something else

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I'd say its possible. My dad used to wear 'whitey tighties' and my parents were not able to concieve. As soon as he switched to looser underwear, the problem went away.

Katrinka

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I would go with what your doctor said. He is the one with the medical degree.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]My guess:

Diapers and briefs, by causing increased heat down there, could lower the sperm count. However, unless you live in a very hot country, or have that kind of problem already, it shouldn't be significant enough to worry about.

Disclaimer: I have absolutely no experience with this subject (and I bet most of the people replying don't either). Trust the doctor.[/font]

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'd say its possible. My dad used to wear 'whitey tighties' and my parents were not able to concieve. As soon as he switched to looser underwear, the problem went away.

I hope your not saying wearing 'whitey tighties' replaces condoms for preventing conception. :p

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
You could try switching to cloth for a while and see if that makes a difference. As far as the pot issue goes, all health issue studies seam to come from "chronic" use. Not "I used to", or "I do it daily", but from people who use from the time they wake up to the time they go to bed.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
It would most probably cause infertility. But only temporary infertility. Other things like: laptops on your lap, tighty whities, extreme heat, and nut tucking can all cause temporary infertility. It just makes the testicles too hot to produce adequit sperm. Fortunately, we make that goop all the time, so let 'em hang for a while...

I had a good Bio teacher....

Status
Not open for further replies.