Do you think the US will return to normal Soon?

Lestat

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well with the idiots that don't follow the guidelines. We will get the second wave of the virus.

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
If you think that we have it bad today watch a documentary or read articles about the 1918 flu. Those folks had it a lot rougher than we do. Healthy people in the middle age group would come down with symptoms in the morning and be dead that evening. It didn’t attack the very young and the very old as most viruses seem to. Combined with the interaction resulting from WW l it was extra deadly and is still studied today. I’m far more concerned about our elected officials and their bureaucrats complete disregard for the Bill of Rights that they swore to uphold. Benjamin Franklin said (loosely paraphrased) “those willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither”.

Tundra1975

Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I think the worst is still to come this fall when flu season starts back up and Covid will start back up as well. This is really just the start of a very long issue that will continue to severely restrict what the public can do for several years. I honestly hope I am wrong, but I honestly believe I am dead on correct.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
At least there was a little good news today. South Korea now believes that once you have the virus, you build an immunity to it. I hope that's true.

mistysummers

Transage little sissy who want to marry Fluttershy
Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy, Little, Other
At least there was a little good news today. South Korea now believes that once you have the virus, you build an immunity to it. I hope that's true.
Um thats pretty much how your body works when it comes to a virus. once you had a strain of a virus your body knows how to fight it, so as long as the strain does change we will be ok in the long run. Just wish the cold and flu strains wouldnt keep changing. Lol

Last edited:

Roland007

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Trump is against mandatory vaccinations. He recently started on a cure of anti-malaria medication because that might work. He said that the report against using this kind of medication was written by scientists that were against his administration. it goes to show that he believes the people are right and that they should have the final say in ‘mandatory vaccination’.

so I think, ultimately, people will get the choice: yes or no. Forcing the needle would be a middle finger towards our human rights. He serves the people, we do not serve him.

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
[Trump] recently started on a cure of anti-malaria medication because that might work.
Trump most likely lied about taking hydroxychloroquine. He isn't the kind of person that would allow himself to be used as a guinea pig, especially for a drug that can cause heart problems, but he is the kind of person to lie about it if he thought faking it would make him look brave.
it goes to show that he believes the people are right and that they should have the final say in ‘mandatory vaccination’.
As far as I know no one is talking about "mandatory vaccination" in regard to the corona virus. We'll be lucky if a vaccine is found and there is enough of it for everyone who wants it.

Azie

Poofhoof Princess!
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Incontinent

CaterpillarSick

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Um thats pretty much how your body works when it comes to a virus. once you had a strain of a virus your body knows how to fight it, so as long as the strain does change we will be ok in the long run. Just wish the cold and flu strains wouldnt keep changing. Lol
Unfortunately this isn’t always true. That’s why we don’t have any vaccines for the cold. If the disease isn’t severe enough it won’t give you a lifelong immunity. There’s some concern that someone with antibodies for SARS-CoV2 - the virus responsible for COVID-19 - won’t keep them for more than a few months. If that’s the case, it might not be possible to develop a vaccine that lasts for more than a year.

CaterpillarSick

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I really don't see this being over within the year or even maybe a few years honestly.

There's still so much we don't know about the virus.
The bigger question is also about the economy. The economy might not bounce back to normal for a while due to a number of factors. We currently have the highest unemployment rates we’ve had since the Great Depression, and a substantial number of people, regardless of political belief, are still fairly reticent to start having large public events again. This hurts the economy in ways that are very hard to fix.

CLPP

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Trump is against mandatory vaccinations. He recently started on a cure of anti-malaria medication because that might work. He said that the report against using this kind of medication was written by scientists that were against his administration. it goes to show that he believes the people are right and that they should have the final say in ‘mandatory vaccination’.

so I think, ultimately, people will get the choice: yes or no. Forcing the needle would be a middle finger towards our human rights. He serves the people, we do not serve him.
And you BELIEVE that trump is taking hydroxychloroquin??? He's pushing it BECAUSE he and his family are invested in the company that makes it! No way is he taking it BECAUSE he wants to save his own butt...but doesn't give a rats ass about ANYONE else!

mistysummers

Transage little sissy who want to marry Fluttershy
Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy, Little, Other
Unfortunately this isn’t always true. That’s why we don’t have any vaccines for the cold. If the disease isn’t severe enough it won’t give you a lifelong immunity. There’s some concern that someone with antibodies for SARS-CoV2 - the virus responsible for COVID-19 - won’t keep them for more than a few months. If that’s the case, it might not be possible to develop a vaccine that lasts for more than a year.
That pretty much what i said, you can cure something that keep changing the virus strain, if a virus stays the same thehuman boby can find ways to fight it, only problem is the kill count before the human body can adapt to the new environment this virus is in

OldeHoss

Contributor
Role
Incontinent
The only thing 'Normal' about our world, is change. (Thank You, Sir Isaac Asimov)
On the "Scales of Equality" I sorta keep in my mind (good vs bad things)?
Stuff is heavily weighted to the 'Bad' side.
Like most things throughout history, human society seems to enjoy the pendulum.
We'll endure a lot of bad, then do whatever is necessary to change stuff, only to see things swing right back again.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
Other

Whatever decisions are made, we'll have to wait a fortnight or up to a month to see the effects.
And even within that time, other things can have their influence.

Sheepies

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Little
The bigger question is also about the economy. The economy might not bounce back to normal for a while due to a number of factors. We currently have the highest unemployment rates we’ve had since the Great Depression, and a substantial number of people, regardless of political belief, are still fairly reticent to start having large public events again. This hurts the economy in ways that are very hard to fix.
We overcame the great depression and the recession and we can overcome this too.
This is all temporary. All diseases were novel at one point or another. All pandemics and epidemics came to an end. And just like we came back from all those times we were knocked down, we'll do it again.

Lestat

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
How stupid people are acting during this holiday not practising social distancing. I feel the Numbers will skyrocket in people getting the virus and deaths.

babylock1

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
After this has come to pass or what remains - there will be a whole new set of laws about social behavior.
No the US will not return to business as usual at least so far as what was business as usual.
A lot of former liberties will be modified or just simply cancelled.
Liken it to a building burning down - new fire codes alarms fire suppression systems installed.
Someone gets killed in a traffic accident - new laws - seat belts - traffic lights - crosswalks.

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
After this has come to pass or what remains - there will be a whole new set of laws about social behavior.

A lot of former liberties will be modified or just simply cancelled.
I doubt there will be any significant changes in laws regarding social behavior. Any new laws will be aimed at government bureaucracies.

No doubt U.S. government agencies charged with preparing for pandemics will be reinstated, and the U.S. will reestablish it's role in research and worldwide health monitoring and aid. I expect there will be new laws taking a hard look at obscene profiteering in the pharmaceutical industry, especially with regard to how patents are awarded. Right now, scientists that make a major breakthrough with a new vaccine will likely find out that some pharmaceutical company already owns the patent on it due to vagaries in patent laws.

Last edited: