Do you think incontinence nappy/diaper suppliers know that you're probably a AB/DL?

She got really embarrassed about having asked. I just laughed. This was at the point in my life that I didn't care. It was unlike the time one clerk held up my package of diapers and yelled to the other one "Is there tax on these?" I wanted to die that time. Or the time I had ordered some (cloth) adult diapers (they said Adult Diapers on the invoice) at Sears and the girl wanted to open the package just to make sure they were OK. I suspect now that she was just curious. Had I been bolder, I'd have engaged her curiosity more.

I once called a supplier of cloth adult diapers to ask some questions. They were fairly innocuous questions - basically how the fit wad, how high they came up on the waist, and whether they'd be wearable under street clothes or only useable at night. The rep I was talking to put down the phone for a minute, and I heard her tell her coworker that she had "some weirdo" on the line. I told her that I had heard her comment and that I was a man with a medical problem and not some weirdo, and she was very apologetic. She obviously hadn't intended me to hear the comment, but was clearly aware that there were people who called in for non-medical reasons.

I was very hurt by the comment at the time. Nobody deserves to be treated with derision when they're asking legitimate questions, regardless of their reason for needing or wanting diapers.

Last edited:
ltaluv said:
I once called a supplier of cloth adult diapers to ask some questions. They were fairly innocuous questions - basically how the fit wad, how high they came up on the waist, and whether they'd be wearable under street clothes or only useable at night. The rep I was talking to put down the phone for a minute, and I heard her tell her coworker that she had "some weirdo" on the line. I told her that I had heard her comment and that I was a man with a medical problem and not some weirdo, and she was very apologetic. She obviously hadn't intended me to hear the comment, but was clearly aware that there were people who called in for non-medical reasons.

I was very hurt by the comment at the time. Nobody deserves to be treated with derision when they're asking legitimate questions, regardless of their reason for needing or wanting diapers.

That is the unfortunate thing; people can understand a physical need just plain fine; but if you just like Diapers and find them comforting you are a "weirdo" .

For me Diapers are much better than the alternative (being depressed and stressed out, and having a history of Self Harm)

I would think that if you buy a baby themed adult diaper from a company that is AB/DL sensitive, they would pretty much know. I've wondered if Northshore has figured out that I'm dogboy on this site? It doesn't bother me at all.

I got a rather amusing letter from NSC aimed at what I assume was the traditional inco market suggesting there is no reason to be stuck wtih boring white diapers a while back.

Reactions: extremecomfy
willnotwill said:
There was a discussion on this previously. Frankly, most stores don't care what you want them for, as long as you don't involve them in your fantasies. There was a gripe from one retailer of people asking them to change them or otherwise engage in their fantasies.

While I haven't ever tried to engage them, a few have asked or devined what I was doing with them. I never got any adverse reaction. They often ask "are these for you" but that's not an AB thing, it works for the legitimately incontinent as well.

The funniest was not at a medical supply store but at a RiteAid pharmacy I was on the road and decided I needed some diapers so I popped in and got a box of the Chubs baby wipes (the kind that came the "lego" box) and a package of adult diapers. The girl at the register was making polite conversation and asked what age my baby was. I pointed at the adult diapers and said that both purchases were for me. That's about as engaged as I ever got with a sales clerk.
What was her response?

bobbilly said:
From your irregular buying patterns? I go through the binge/purge cycle like most people do. When I'm in a binge I buy many different brands of incontinence nappies all at once, I will buy one packet of each such as Attends, Molicare premium, Molicare Slip, Abena premium, Drylife Slips. ID expert Slip, Tena slip.... All in one go. Then I don't buy anything for awhile. The website I use (which is a non-AB one) I can look through what I've ordered in the past... So the people running the company can do that too.

Do you think actual incontinent people buy many different brands all at once and than nothing at all for ahwile, is that only unique to the AB/DL community, Do they have some suspicion that the purchaser is probably a AB/DL? Not that they care I would assume lol.
I don't think so. Because they may assume you supplement with store bought protection. Good idea for a post.,🤔

willnotwill said:
I got a rather amusing letter from NSC aimed at what I assume was the traditional inco market suggesting there is no reason to be stuck wtih boring white diapers a while back.
Sounds exciting and excellent 😉🤗

BabyTyrant said:
True, I doubt most IC folk know about the wonderful world of quality Diaps you can pretty much only order online (well besides the ABDL storefronts which are far and few and only exist in huge cities)
Yeah like Chicago

extremecomfy said:
I don't think so. Because they may assume you supplement with store bought protection. Good idea for a post.,🤔
You make a good point. With many people, incontinence can come and go, and some people will stock up when they have money to do so. Also, many people use different protection levels for different situations, like heavier diapers for traveling. So there are lots of reasons for sporadic buying habits besides an ABDL binge/purge cycle.

Back