Do You Think ABDL Will Ever Become More Socially Accepted? Like the LGBTQ and Furry Community?

Diapertoddler said:
A year ago i would have said No, it reached its peak.
I have an instagram account and from that i learned there is a huge demand for diaper shirts and onesies as they are a fad for the young generation. I find that when a person dips there foot into this life style the urge for trying more of whats available comes eventually, and with companies like amazon offering products that does a lot for normalization as well.
"dips" LoL now that's an in joke (!!!!!!!!!)

...and that was one as well!!!!!!!!!!
-
WE
PP (and more)

Has racism gone away? No.
Has Homophobia gone away? Also no, recently Dame Jacqueline Wilson came out as Lesbian and some British schools that weren't even that 'churchey' banned all her books pretty quickly.
There's always going to be dislike, there's always going to be hate.
We wouldn't be Human without our un-nerving ability to keep mis-understanding.
There's a reason The North of Britain is heaving with ABDLs - and of course the physical home of NRU - it's because it's less Conservative.
I mean this is laughable as I reckon the nanny-raised nitwits running the country
sorry
pretending to run the country / ruining the country and not clocking the results of their own actions ... (anyway I reckon that they) are so sexually confused and / or (?) repressed that I'd almost bet money there's one or two of us in 'the corridors of power'.
Even if that's true down South (down in our South) aside from Brighton there's not much mention of Pride and more so NO mention of us.
Two British Adiscers have said on here they're either from or near Brighton and one Pride I met a third one (I believe the two other Brighton based ones have not attended Brighton Pride publicly Out (as it were)) in passing [no pun intended] ...that coupled with an experience with someone my own age when we both between the ages of 5 and 7 got me into this world
...anyway if I'd stayed near Brighton that'd be FOUR of us being kinda vocal about it ...of course on the appropriate underground.
-
The ideal scenario? Fetish beaches for the UK, a brick-and-mortar store in The South, a sensitive portrayal and short arc story for one of us in one of the big soaps: Eastenders, Coronation Street, Emmerdale, [this one's a bit bigger but] when it comes to what is discussed in Sex Ed' not only should fetishes be touched on and normalised but if we're not mentioned we should be (you all know darn well every (EVERY) time there's a top 10 of either fetishes or alternative lifestyles in the news that we get a mention, (...) ABDL themed weddings and more.
-
However all that remains unlikely, the status quo is what it is ...in fact I do almost feel like if even better acceptance for us happens whilst I'm still kinda young then it won't be 100% fair on the people who lived this life a very long time and are now senior citizens.
However hoping for an improved corner of the world for us (not a naughty or time out one eether) is something no one can stop us doing.
So stay padded, keep wetting, keep pushing, keep striving, stick to the code, any chance you get to defend us in un-focused conversation ...well you'll know how to play that!
Our time in the sun may be close, roll on the thought that 'nappies at any age are cool'
...keeps me going (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

...yep
...that was one that was intended.
-
WE
PP (and more)

• Love
Reactions: Saltedcaramel64 and ABDElsa
dogboy said:
I think if we AB/DLs didn't use our diapers, we might find more acceptance but the general public is savvy enough to know that we're wearing our toilet and they probably won't ever accept that. That may be why young people wearing childish clothes may get acceptance, but wearing and using diapers if there's no medical need doesn't.
Now you are a bit confusing to me... You saying someone like me (in your opinion) has a greater, or lesser chance?
(AB + IC + lots of other issues)

Reactions: Jim100
nwm said:
Now you are a bit confusing to me... You saying someone like me (in your opinion) has a greater, or lesser chance?
(AB + IC + lots of other issues)
All things being equal, incontinent people should always be accepted by society. It's a medical condition. That's very different from someone like me that is AB/DL, meaning I choose to wear diapers because for me, it's sexual and I also derive some level of psychological well being. Muggles simply don't understand people who wear diapers who don't have a medical need.

If someone is both incontinent and AB/DL, people will assume that person is incontinent not knowing that AB/DL even exists and that said person may also enjoys wearing diapers. I hope that makes sense.

Reactions: nwm and Jim100
I do believe that being ABDL will become more accepted over time. I have been around a bit longer than a lot of folks here on ADISC and yet still a bit less than others. But I have seen a huge, I mean HUGE difference that has occurred since I was in college and it just keeps increasing.

First, there WAS NO ACCEPTANCE when I was in high school for stuff like this. I mean, part of it was that it just wasn't even generally known about. And I can say this, because I thought I was the only one in this planet that even had this interest and guess what, I CERTAINLY DIDN'T ACCEPT IT, and I highly doubt many others would have either, as it just wasn't known about as the internet was in it's own infancy, and shows such as Jerry Springer and the like were the first one's bringing this to the public's eye, and it really wasn't taken well.

Fast forward to today. Not everyone has heard about it, but I would dare say there is likely at least 70-80% of the more developed world's population has a least heard of it. There are pop singers that admit they are adult babies, and sales of ABDL products continue to increase, with more and more companies joining in and making products tailored to the ABDL. There are store-front ABDL companies as well as online and you don't have to settle for some medical product anymore.

Just as with LBGTQ+ awareness evolving over time, the awareness has brought more folks with these feelings to being open about it and there are a lot more folks that are being able to be who they are as the awareness has increased. With this awareness, the discrimination and shaming that in general society has occurred is also creating laws prohibiting people from the discrimination of such. While ABDL has no such protections, it is in the infant stage of the growing awareness of it, and more and more people who have this interest are acting on it, purchasing products, and statistics can only point to more celebrities and folks in the public eye also eventually coming out about it. All of this creates more awareness, and also more acceptance, as it becomes less of such an uncommon thing.

Is it every going to become socially acceptable in general society to be ABDL? Well, I doubt it. Just as there will always be those who don't accept other things about people, due to their own beliefs and thinking. But will it get better? Well, this Teddy Bear has seen a ton of improvement and I highly doubt we are anywhere reaching a plateau.

It only takes a bunch of the "cool kids" (or adults) that make it a trend or something and "BOOM", I think it actually could make a big change (no pun intended). I have to admit, the PeekABU hats and such are pretty cool. Using this as an example, I could see it taking off amongst certain circles and spreading to its own "little" culture.

Forgive me for using any celebrity's name, but with all the attention recently on Brittney... what if suddenly she said she was ABDL? What if she sponsored some classy line of clothes that pictured a binkie, or even a diaper logo that was something like "Why not live a little?".

Or what if Chris Helmsworth (Marvel's Thor) came out as ABDL? What if he decided to get into the youtube world and made a video or two of him wearing an ABDL diaper and said something like "Real men aren't ashamed of being little".

Or how about if Clint Eastwood came out as being ABDL and did a vimeo video where he was in character as Harold Callahan and was chasing the bad guys and the scene caught him in his shirt and suit, but just wearing an obviously ABDL diapered bottom and he says to the bad guy, "What, you think this looks funny, PUNK? Well do ya? Let me ask you one question, do you feel lucky punk? You wanna make a wise crack about my diaper? Well do ya, Punk? Go ahead, make my day!"

(I mean, its highly possible that Clint does wear diapers these days. He is 91 years old - so yeah, that might not have the effect as if he did this when he was aged as he was in 1971 when Dirty Harry was produced)

Okay, okay, sorry, Teddy Bear digresses into imagination there...

But my point is that what if? I mean, truly, what if there are celebrities or others that have a following and they happen to come out as being ABDL? Has that not happened somewhat with those who are LBGTQ+ and made quite a difference? Yes, it has. So, while so far Miley has been the primary current pop culture person coming out as ABDL, I highly doubt she is the only one that will publicly do so.

And all it takes is for someone, or even not someone in the celebrity limelight, but that makes a difference in their own world to share their being ABDL, and others look to this and admire them, and follow. Then others look upon it also and follow. And so on. Suddenly, there is a trend, a difference, and being ABDL isn't the same shamed thing that it once was.

Sighs...

Long monologue. If you are still here, thanks for listening. But my point is that yes, it will continue to be more accepted and this isn't based just on hope, but on actual trends. Look at the statistics. If you can't find statistics, then simply look at observations and you will find there is an increasing trend of folks who identify as being ABDL, increasing awareness of the ABDL community, and this in turn results in a greater acceptance and more normalization of ABDLism as a whole.

🤔 Teddy Bear words of thought.

And even if it starts with young folks, those young folks grow up and carry that forward into the "little" adult world too.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lightstreak2553, ShyBoo81, ABDElsa and 1 other person
For a while I was so for the ABDL community to be more socially accepting and things will be perfect. The more I got into it and embraced this Ive come to terms with the fact that it wouldnt be as accepting as I would like it to be.. I'm also apart of the LGBTQ community or The Alphabet Mafia and yes we have come along way from being in the shadows. Alot of things were accomplished that I never thought would be possible in my lifetime, however it's still alot of work to be done and there are still many people who have a strong hatred for me and people like me. So with that being said I feel This community doesn't need the "stamp of approval" because we know what this lifestyle means to us and why it makes us happy to be in it. I would love to see more positive information being brought forward. Wether in forums or the media as it's very much needed. The fear is that most media coverage on the abdl community has been created with the narrative that's it's Strange, abnormal, and associated with other negative viewpoints.. there is the option of some celebrities who maybe can be at the forefront but even that I feel will shift the main point that it's a normal,healthy lifestyle to just a fad , or an agenda. This is long but in short I don't think this will be accepted or mainstream Nor do I want it to be.

TeddyBearCowboy said:
I do believe that being ABDL will become more accepted over time. I have been around a bit longer than a lot of folks here on ADISC and yet still a bit less than others. But I have seen a huge, I mean HUGE difference that has occurred since I was in college and it just keeps increasing.

First, there WAS NO ACCEPTANCE when I was in high school for stuff like this. I mean, part of it was that it just wasn't even generally known about. And I can say this, because I thought I was the only one in this planet that even had this interest and guess what, I CERTAINLY DIDN'T ACCEPT IT, and I highly doubt many others would have either, as it just wasn't known about as the internet was in it's own infancy, and shows such as Jerry Springer and the like were the first one's bringing this to the public's eye, and it really wasn't taken well.

Fast forward to today. Not everyone has heard about it, but I would dare say there is likely at least 70-80% of the more developed world's population has a least heard of it. There are pop singers that admit they are adult babies, and sales of ABDL products continue to increase, with more and more companies joining in and making products tailored to the ABDL. There are store-front ABDL companies as well as online and you don't have to settle for some medical product anymore.

Just as with LBGTQ+ awareness evolving over time, the awareness has brought more folks with these feelings to being open about it and there are a lot more folks that are being able to be who they are as the awareness has increased. With this awareness, the discrimination and shaming that in general society has occurred is also creating laws prohibiting people from the discrimination of such. While ABDL has no such protections, it is in the infant stage of the growing awareness of it, and more and more people who have this interest are acting on it, purchasing products, and statistics can only point to more celebrities and folks in the public eye also eventually coming out about it. All of this creates more awareness, and also more acceptance, as it becomes less of such an uncommon thing.

Is it every going to become socially acceptable in general society to be ABDL? Well, I doubt it. Just as there will always be those who don't accept other things about people, due to their own beliefs and thinking. But will it get better? Well, this Teddy Bear has seen a ton of improvement and I highly doubt we are anywhere reaching a plateau.

It only takes a bunch of the "cool kids" (or adults) that make it a trend or something and "BOOM", I think it actually could make a big change (no pun intended). I have to admit, the PeekABU hats and such are pretty cool. Using this as an example, I could see it taking off amongst certain circles and spreading to its own "little" culture.

Forgive me for using any celebrity's name, but with all the attention recently on Brittney... what if suddenly she said she was ABDL? What if she sponsored some classy line of clothes that pictured a binkie, or even a diaper logo that was something like "Why not live a little?".

Or what if Chris Helmsworth (Marvel's Thor) came out as ABDL? What if he decided to get into the youtube world and made a video or two of him wearing an ABDL diaper and said something like "Real men aren't ashamed of being little".

Or how about if Clint Eastwood came out as being ABDL and did a vimeo video where he was in character as Harold Callahan and was chasing the bad guys and the scene caught him in his shirt and suit, but just wearing an obviously ABDL diapered bottom and he says to the bad guy, "What, you think this looks funny, PUNK? Well do ya? Let me ask you one question, do you feel lucky punk? You wanna make a wise crack about my diaper? Well do ya, Punk? Go ahead, make my day!"

(I mean, its highly possible that Clint does wear diapers these days. He is 91 years old - so yeah, that might not have the effect as if he did this when he was aged as he was in 1971 when Dirty Harry was produced)

But my point is that what if? I mean, truly, what if there are celebrities or others that have a following and they happen to come out as being ABDL? Has that not happened somewhat with those who are LBGTQ+ and made quite a difference? Yes, it has. So, while so far Miley has been the primary current pop culture person coming out as ABDL, I highly doubt she is the only one that will publicly do so.

And all it takes is for someone, or even not someone in the celebrity limelight, but that makes a difference in their own world to share their being ABDL, and others look to this and admire them, and follow. Then others look upon it also and follow. And so on. Suddenly, there is a trend, a difference, and being ABDL isn't the same shamed thing that it once was.

Sighs...

Long monologue. If you are still here, thanks for listening. But my point is that yes, it will continue to be more accepted and this isn't based just on hope, but on actual trends. Look at the statistics. If you can't find statistics, then simply look at observations and you will find there is an increasing trend of folks who identify as being ABDL, increasing awareness of the ABDL community, and this in turn results in a greater acceptance and more normalization of ABDLism as a whole.

And even if it starts with young folks, those young folks grow up and carry that forward into the "little" adult world too.
I didn't entirely buy it that Miley Cyrus is one of us ...I mean yes her being a childhood celeb robbed her of her childhood so maybe she does heavily regress sometimes.
It hasn't made an impact on society if she really is
...just saying.
-
WE
PP (and more)

Yes, Miley Cyrus is the conundrum. Who knows what she was trying to say but she seemed to be wearing an AB/DL style diaper and she certainly was dressed like a baby.

Though we might not gain the accepted normalcy from society that we're seeking, it would be nice if we could find other AB/DLs in our respective neighborhoods and be part a smaller segment of society, the AB/DL segment and find comfort in each other's company. The problem is that being AB/DL is still a very small part of society so even in a small city where I live, there might only be a couple others like myself. That said, I think there's more of us but we're always in hiding. Maybe the hiding needs to stop if we're to find general acceptance.

TeddyBearCowboy said:

Sighs...

Words of wisdom thank you. What other pop singers have admitted to being Adult Babies? Also, so Miley Cyrus IS IN FACT AN ABDL!!! I search that on Google many times but never get a clear answer! Do you by any chance have a link to the article/video where Miley Cyrus officially comes out as an ABDL? Because like I said I haven't been able to find it.

dogboy said:
Yes, Miley Cyrus is the conundrum. Who knows what she was trying to say but she seemed to be wearing an AB/DL style diaper and she certainly was dressed like a baby.
Are you talking about her BB Talk Music Video or something else?

SecretlyABDL94 said:
It was a good many years now but it wasn't just the BB Talk video, she did make a few comments in magazine interviews
...you're correct though that these interviews are not easy to find now.
-
WE
PP (and more)

Our community may grow over the next few decades but will we reach social acceptance? Most likely not, because what we do is easily confused with the P-word (you know the one) anything is possible but I just don't see it so accepted that anybody can walk around with openly little gear. There are always going to be haters and trolls too.

• Sad
Reactions: ABDElsa
SecretlyABDL94 said:
It's been awhile but I think it's when she was a musical guest on SNL. She was in full baby clothes and maybe swinging on a tire if I recall correctly. She's been a guest several times.

Chimera said:
Our community may grow over the next few decades but will we reach social acceptance? Most likely not, because what we do is easily confused with the P-word (you know the one) anything is possible but I just don't see it so accepted that anybody can walk around with openly little gear. There are always going to be haters and trolls too.
It might help if people better understood the most likely cause of all social/sexual desires. Many people would still find ABDL behavior repulsive, but they might at least understand that these, and other uncommon desire based behaviors, have the same root cause as the more common desire for certain attributes of the person's opposite sex. Pedophilia, too, has the same root cause, but, as of yet, I have seen no scientific evidence to show a greater likelihood of pedophilic behavior among ABDLs than among those with heterosexual or homosexual desires.

Well it depends on what scale you are talking about. If you mean general mainstream things, I would say it would need to think about making sure it is "concealed" in public for a while.. i really do not understand comparing it to LBGT level of being accepted due to all the puchback we get to see with that..

I mean have you seen blizzard controversies lately? we can't even "normalize" treating woman as human beings.
MickeyM said:
I highly doubt that mainstream society would ever be as "accepting" of ABDL as other stuff. Most won't really care but there are a lot that would take issue with it especially if they got wind of the more.. less acceptable "ABDL"s. There are those that go too far and can be creepy. They give everyone a bad name, unfortunately only takes one bad apple to sour the basket.
For example, I stopped telling anyone I have Autism, let alone Asperger's.. it was that darned school shooter that ruined that.

ABDL is the sort of thing you only tell people close to you or other ABDL friends. If you think you can go walk outside in a baby costume with a paci in your mouth and a wet diaper on visibly without someone taking offence then that is a bit shortsighted, possibly dangerous. I know some do it but only in your secluded yard, for sure do not walk into Walmart acting like an "Adult Baby".

The more we can keep our padded secrets to only those with similar interests, the better. ABDLs have been in the media before, but most times its a bad portrayal. I've seen a few good portrayals of ABDLs but in general you'll only find that in a documentary and most vanilla people wouldn't watch that.
yes, I did not want to be alone in saying it though I implied this message given the gender gap. If mainstream population can't even accept treating woman as human beings, LBGT, etc, in 2021!!! i doubt ABDL will ever become more accepted then what it is now. I mean as far as US goes, it is still a 160+ year fight for making sure race is truely treated as equil and maybe around 110 + years for gender? idk when LBGT issues really started to move and there is big pushback there too.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Saltedcaramel64 and Jim100
CutePrincess said:
I mean as far as US goes, it is still a 160+ year fight for making sure race is truely treated as equil
I see your general point (the full post) BUT race is not really a fair thing to look at there. Before amendments were added slavery was actually constitutional and parts related specifically to slaves and slave owners.
And there was ALWAYS things that seemed at least no one would say anything about if a white person caught doing it, but anyone else - omg it's the end of the world!
I could go on quite a bit, but this is not the political section, and already touched that a little to make this small point so...
But race just is a real tough nut to crack. Had all kinds of things on it, from all directions, still here. You could even say the law is racist to this day - in a lot of ways.
In fact - without anything else changing - two people go outside in full AB clothing, ex. each totally identical excep one is white, the other African-American - who do you think is likely to get the hardest time over it? (In most areas anyway)

Reactions: Saltedcaramel64
nwm said:
I see your general point (the full post) BUT race is not really a fair thing to look at there. Before amendments were added slavery was actually constitutional and parts related specifically to slaves and slave owners.
And there was ALWAYS things that seemed at least no one would say anything about if a white person caught doing it, but anyone else - omg it's the end of the world!
I could go on quite a bit, but this is not the political section, and already touched that a little to make this small point so...
But race just is a real tough nut to crack. Had all kinds of things on it, from all directions, still here. You could even say the law is racist to this day - in a lot of ways.
In fact - without anything else changing - two people go outside in full AB clothing, ex. each totally identical excep one is white, the other African-American - who do you think is likely to get the hardest time over it? (In most areas anyway)
Yes I know ill go too much down a political rabbit hole so ill just say this.

My main point is there is still lots of room to overcome still when it comes to judging others on the surface and its still a work on progress be it race, gender or lbgt. So because of that and what we see with those issues, I do not see abdl becoming "accepted" on a mass scale. There is a difference of more people becoming a part of it because of knowledge vs wide accepted among the general populace.

case and point, look at what some said about needing a different account name on reddit, soon people find you out they call you pedo... (heck I had a person come after me in this manner that was part of this site, making diff user names and such) If someone can join a support site and do that kind of thing here, how well does that speak on the general populace? (note the mods did a really good job taking care of it, i have no issues on this site itself, im speaking on the concpet of someone joining an abdl support site, showing they have an interest and here to discuss the interest, then go after someone like that knowing the interest has that sigma??? i mean??????????????????????????? like we are not saught after enough???I am still amazed something like that took place.)

Last edited:
Reactions: BuffedBaby and nwm
Drifter said:
It might help if people better understood the most likely cause of all social/sexual desires. Many people would still find ABDL behavior repulsive, but they might at least understand that these, and other uncommon desire based behaviors, have the same root cause as the more common desire for certain attributes of the person's opposite sex. Pedophilia, too, has the same root cause, but, as of yet, I have seen no scientific evidence to show a greater likelihood of pedophilic behavior among ABDLs than among those with heterosexual or homosexual desires.
What root cause are you talking about? Nobody knows for sure what causes paraphilic infantilism (the fancy science name for ABDL) There are three theories for it as listed on Wikipedia: The lovemap theory, imprinting, or Erotic location target error. Which one do you think is more likely? Since they are just theories, that means they cannot be proven or haven't been proven yet.

Another problem is that a lot of people are just willfully ignorant. They just see ABDL documentaries on TV or they watch cringe compliations on youtube and they are like "eww" and that makes sense to me on the outside looking in. They don't care what causes it, they just dread the fact that it exists at all. As much as I would like to see major social acceptance for infantilism, as CutePrincess said, even the LGBTQIA+ movement is struggling with acceptance, especially as of late.
CutePrincess said:
Yes I know ill go too much down a political rabbit hole so ill just say this.

My main point is there is still lots of room to overcome still when it comes to judging others on the surface and its still a work on progress be it race, gender or lbgt. So because of that and what we see with those issues, I do not see abdl becoming "accepted" on a mass scale. There is a difference of more people becoming a part of it because of knowledge vs wide accepted among the general populace.

case and point, look at what some said about needing a different account name on reddit, soon people find you out they call you pedo... (heck I had a person come after me in this manner that was part of this site, making diff user names and such) If someone can join a support site and do that kind of thing here, how well does that speak on the general populace? (note the mods did a really good job taking care of it, i have no issues on this site itself, im speaking on the concpet of someone joining an abdl support site, showing they have an interest and here to discuss the interest, then go after someone like that knowing the interest has that sigma??? i mean??????????????????????????? like we are not saught after enough???I am still amazed something like that took place.)
This is why I don't support eliminating the politics forum, because we will ultimately just have politics trickling down to other topics within the forums. It would only work if political discussion are banned completely and I'm not sure if that would go over well. I Could be wrong, but...politics always finds a way doesn't it?

Reactions: dogboy and Jim100
nwm said:
Well, anyone that would do such a thing for sure has a few screws loose, if not missing completely!
Stranger - omg - NO that is NEVER going to be ok no matter what!
This seems far fetched and have a hard time believing the community would want that reputation. It doesn't take but one bad apple

Back