• Never, I just can't make it

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • Only for #2

Votes: 48 27.7%
  • Before going out, showers and before bed etc

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Whenever I can make it

Votes: 53 30.6%
  • About half and half as I can't always be bothered to get up again.

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • I'm always rushing to make it in time

Votes: 11 6.4%

• Total voters
ltaluv said:
My lifestyle just isn't compatible with being diapered 24/7 either, but I didn't have the luxury to just choose a type of incontinence that suited what I wanted. My body decided that for me. I suppose that, to me, that's the essential difference between being incontinent and not being incontinent - those who are incontinent don't get to choose their condition, just how it's going to be treated, while those who are not incontinent do get to choose.

If you want the real, honest-to-goodness incontinence experience (which makes it sound like a ride at Universal Studios), you should find a doctor willing to do a bunch of cystoscopies, a VCUG or two, urodynamics testing, a bunch of rounds of Botox injections in your bladder, surgery to implant an Interstim, a few years of 4-8 times a day of self-catheterization, have a Foley catheter in a for a few months or a few years, get a suprapubic catheter, beg off of family vacations and business trips because it's too hard to plan around your incontinence, and maybe eventually talk your doctor into removing your bladder entirely because it hurts so damn much. Kind of takes the romance out of wearing diapers, though.
You make me feel fortunate to have little to none of the pain associated with my condition that you do with yours. It has been my decision to tell my physicians only what they need to know and not to let them run all their tests on me. I’m aware of the circumstances and events that have led to my IC and I’m old enough that it doesn’t bother me enough to deal with it in any other manner that being diapered 24/7. With having had what is comparably the incredibly mild pain of a couple of UTI’s in the past I can’t even imagine the pain that you’re going through with your bladder. I pray that you find relief of some sort in your search to alleviate your pain. Stay padded, confusion to the enemy!

Last edited:
I use a toilet.

If I am able to wear diapers as a adult, I wouldn't use a toilet and I'd do all wetting and messing in my diapers.

Reactions: DL0202
I sadly have to use the toilet most of the time. I would much rather use my diapers. 😊

I still use the Toilet when it is more practical for me. I have OAB and UI and wear diapers to manage and avoid running to the restroom 15+ times a day. However I refuse to Defecate in them unless absolutely necessary. Changing my diaper 3 times a day vs going to the restroom 15+ times has vastly improved my quality of life. I don't have to stress out about when the urge hits, how far am I from a rest room, can I put this caller on hold to run to the rest room, how much of this meeting am I going to miss.

You don't have to have accidents to benefit from managing with diapers. I think people assume that only those with leakage need them. I think people with OAB should consider if Diapers will help them manage and improve their quality of life. Obviously they should seek medical care to rule out any potential major medical issues. But for those in my situation where certain medications that I need happen to make my OAB worse, Diapers really are a great tool.

Took me such a long time to process and accept that I need diapers to improve my quality of life.

Reactions: Petya217 and hoimi
I have suffered from severe bladder and bowel urgency for as long as I can remember. Even though I've been wearing diapers off and on my whole life and 24/7 for 17 years, I try to use the toilet. There are two reasons. I average about 3 bms a day, with a range of about 2 to 6. With that many, I will sometimes mess my diapers on accident, but I usually do my best to make it to the toilet because it's such a hassle to clean up. My bladder control is far worse and unless I'm dehydrated and very close to a toilet, I'll wet my pants every time. However, there are times in the evening where I'll "air out" for an hour or two and pee in the toilet before going to bed. However, this is only possible if I'm dehydrated, which is often the case in the evening.

Every time I change out of a wet diaper, I will sit on the toilet and try to poop. Most of the time, nothing comes out. I usually only succeed in pooping in the toilet only once a week. Sometimes, it is only once in 2 weeks. All the other times, my poop ends up in my diapers because I don't know I need to poop until I get a contraction. Once the contraction starts, the poop is coming out within 5 seconds. I used to try to stop it and get to the toilet to finish pooping, but I learned it is best to just finish the pooping in the diaper. Now, once a pooping accident starts, I just push it all out in my diaper. I know my diaper will keep the mess contained until I can change.

I'm always wearing a diaper. But if I can make it to the toilet I'd rather do that than risk a leak. Diapers are my last resort. Not my first option.

Reactions: hoimi and Deleted member 41919
Only for #2

For me, during the day, always if I can make it (and always for no. 2). During the night, no; I use the nappy and go back to sleep.

Reactions: chamberpot
I use the toilet for self-cathing (2-4 x day) and a strict voiding schedule to avoid retention, and also for BMs. Wearing diapers are for the leaks that can happen in between, from post-micturition dribble to an 600-1500mL flood (yes those numbers are correct).

That said, when I'm having a bad day because of my genetic disorder, which makes it very difficult to standup, let alone walk, I'll only use the toilet for a BM. Also, because of radiation induced colitis, on rare occasion I have had a sudden bowel accident. Not something I would ever do intentionally. I'm regular enough that I simply keep my early mornings clear, allowing me to clear my bowel before I head out for anything.

Yes for #2

Gosh this is an interesting question. I have overactive bladder urge inc and IBS. I have legit accidents which cause me to wear often. I have days when I regress emotionally because it’s an escape from my anxiety and depression. My potty habits fit into that state, and I have days I could make it to a toilet but I don’t because I have already leaked or dirtied and I stop using the toilet. Since I started wearing adult and AB diapers I have days where I don’t use the toilet anymore and I’m comfortable with it.

Last edited:
When I can make it. I my IC managed pretty well as it really only happens at night, and close day calls happen during detox

I'm bowel incontinent. Rarely pee myself if not never at all. 2# on the other hand is a whole other story

BundleOfJoy said:
I'm just wondering if any of you still use the toilet despite being incontient and wearing 24/7.

I personally use the toilet still if I'm about to head off to work before putting my diaper on, before showers and before bed before my fresh diaper gets put on. I also use the toilet if my diaper is full and I haven't changed yet (providing I can make it to the toilet). I also use the toilet if I need to go #2.

What about you? I hope I haven't made this thread in bad taste or that this isn't offensive or anything, if not that's not what I intended!
I still use the toilet only for#2. When I need to pee I pee myself, diaper or not. When I first became incontinent I tried really hard to make it to the toilet but usually didn't make it. After I while I stopped trying to make it and started to enjoy wetting myself. Even when I'm not in diapers and I'm out in public I love to pee myself when everyone can see. Great to see the reactions you get from people when they see you've pissed your pants

jessraven said:
Gosh this is an interesting question. I have overactive bladder urge inc and IBS. I have legit accidents which cause me to wear often. I have days when I regress emotionally because it’s an escape from my anxiety and depression. My potty habits fit into that state, and I have days I could make it to a toilet but I don’t because I have already leaked or dirtied and I stop using the toilet. Since I started wearing adult and AB diapers I have days where I don’t use the toilet anymore and I’m comfortable with it.
Have you tried a fiber supplement for your ibs?

Back