Do you sometimes wish 24/7

lilshelly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
I am to a point that I almost wish I was 24/7 but part of me is glad I am not.
As many of you know I have cerebral palsy and it is getting harder for me to get around. I wear most hours of the day. I get up at 4 a.m. and pretty much get dressed and diapered for the day. It is easier for me to be diapered at work. I need to go to the bathroom I don't have worry about making it to the only bathroom at the other end of the building. I also wear when away from home so I don't have to worry about making it to a bathroom or trying to find a bathroom. I tend to drag my feet so if there is a need to go I have fallen.
There has also been the discovery that it helps me mentally emotionally. I can notice when I don't wear that my mood seems to be affected. I try to stay out of diapers when I am at home. I will change if I have to at work when I come home and take my shower I am not diapered after. On the weekends I don't wear diapers either because I am home most of the time. That is the main time I can notice a difference in my mood when I don't wear on the weekends. I know people do wear 24/7. I try not to because of costs but I do wonder if it would be beneficial I know I am also directing this to a partial group so it might not give me any insight but it might tell me I am not alone.

Last edited:
I never wish I could be 24/7. There are so many things I wish to enjoy and put money into (primarily mountain biking) that I wouldn't be able to if I was wearing 24/7 and putting the money in to that amount of diapers, etc.

Reactions: RubberJin
I feel you. I don't wish for 24//7 loss of the muscle skills, but I totally understand the 24/7 freedom from the ever present nagging worry, totally! What kind of protection are you in? I also understand the, "That damn disabled adult side is the only thing available, and I'm not emotionally me right now, and it sucks! Roar," feeling. I might have a suggestion to help it. Disposables when not at home, cloth side closure at home? Cloth feels very different, which can make muscle skill upkeep easier, but, you'll still be protected, and both sides of you may find it easier to chill out and stop making you grumpy. I understand that feeling. Side closure make up and down easier, for my particular CP, at least.

Reactions: Carnifex
lilshelly said:
I am to a point that I almost wish I was 24/7 but part of me is glad I am not.
As many of you know I have cerebral palsy and it is getting harder for me to get around. I wear most hours of the day. I get up at 4 a.m. and pretty much get dressed and diapered for the day. It is easier for me to be diapered at work. I need to go to the bathroom I don't have worry about making it to the only bathroom at the other end of the building. I also wear when away from home so I don't have to worry about making it to a bathroom or trying to find a bathroom. I tend to drag my feet so if there is a need to go I have fallen.
There has also been the discovery that it helps me mentally emotionally. I can notice when I don't wear that my mood seems to be affected. I try to stay out of diapers when I am at home. I will change if I have to at work when I come home and take my shower I am not diapered after. On the weekends I don't wear diapers either because I am home most of the time. That is the main time I can notice a difference in my mood when I don't wear on the weekends. I know people do wear 24/7. I try not to because of costs but I do wonder if it would be beneficial I know I am also directing this to a partial group so it might not give me any insight but it might tell me I am not alone.

I think that it is more an ideal, that I think about more than something that I really want. There are so many things to consider. On the one hand, if you had a caregiver that was totally in tune with that, and had no problems with that in perpetuity that would be great! But if you are totally healthy, I don't care who the CG is, I think that they would eventually tire of the constant diaper checks, changing, and in my case laundry (and I don't even mess).

Additionally, there is the practical social aspect to it. Always carrying a diaper bag, needing a place to change and insuring that you don't offend someones olfactory senses that is.

For me, for a couple of days here and there, it is nice to get that kind of love and attention. But over time, I think I would be completely out of balance and as wonderful as my mommy/wife is... she would tire as well, and I would tire of the practical restrictions that it would present.

I wear 24/7 until it stops being fun or I have a good reason to stop. Underwear still feels like the default to me but over the last six years, I've been 24/7 in diapers more than I haven't been. I didn't expect to be wearing for more than about a month when I started this time but I wound up getting outside encouragement that made it more fun to keep going. I'm not sure how long it will last this time.

Reactions: neophyte and littlemoosey
I wear every night and usually full time on the weekends, its a good balance for me, I do like this schedule because I can "dry out" during the week and have no skin issues because of this. I have taken a weeks vacation in the past and have worn the whole time I was off, towards the end of that week that naughty feeling if wearing was diminishing and truth be told it started becoming a chore to change and keep clean.

Reactions: littlemoosey
See for me I have no CG. I never have I change all my own diapers. I would not mess in my diapers as that is more of an issue to deal with than it is worth.
Because of the reason that I wear diapers in the first place it is not really a chore for me to take care of it. I did wear for fun at one time but that is not the case these days.
As for regular underwear. I thought it would be easy to go back to them but for me they are not as comfortable as a diaper.

Honestly, unless I had to wear 24/7 for a medical reason, I wouldn’t. I feel like if I wore 24/7, I’d get burned out on wearing all the time and I’d lose the enjoyment and fun of wearing. For me, I like having the choice as to whether or not I want to wear, and spending time not diapered makes the times I am more fulfilling and enjoyable. The price of going 24/7 would be a little much too. As much as I enjoy diapers, there are other things that come first.

Reactions: RubberJin
24/7 is something I go back and forth on. I do like the idea most of the time but there are still times when I know I wouldn't enjoy 24/7, at least, not unless I had someone who was willing to care for me and change me, that probably makes me sound selfish to an extent, also changing and cleaning up is sometimes just a hassle on my own. I'm glad I have control, I wouldn't mind being 'diapered trained' for when I'm wearing I can just go but still have control when im not wearing diapers, but that's sort of a pipe dream as I doubt that's something that's actually possible to safely achieve.

I already wear 24/7 and what some people do is they wear 24/7 until they get sick of it and then they start it up again when they get in the mood.

My husband forces me to wear them so I am forced to wear 24/7 so I guess that makes it more fun and I have a reason to wear 24/7. I used to do it off and on and then I would quit when a situation would come up.

Tips for making 24/7 easier:

Wear premium diapers

Lay off caffeine or any energy drinks like Red Bull to avoid a diaper change sooner or a public diaper change

If you stick with Crinklz or Better Dry, whatever premium diaper works for you, you will not have to change often and you would only have to do it twice a day. You also wouldn't need to carry a diaper bag just as long as you pee only. If you want to poop, carry a spare or don't poop at all.

You save money in the long run when you wear premium diapers. I budget mine $120 a month and I never spend that much on diapers anyway. It's a matter of being frugal so that means I don't wear printed diapers often and I only do that from time to time. I will use wearing clouds to get some printed diapers I will never get by case because of the cost.

If you have a normal bladder, you don't need to worry about losing bladder control. I still have mine. If you have a weak bladder and have had bedwetting issues in the past, you will become IC no doubt it. This is something I have noticed with people when they decide to diaper train and switch to 24/7 and just go when they feel it.

I say switching to 24/7 can be a difficult decision to make because you have to think of the cost, relook at your budget, be willing to have people know you wear them because they will find out and you will have slip ups, re think your ward drobe, and if you do lose bladder control, you have to think of the what ifs like if you hit hard times and need to cut back on bills. And of course think of situations where you won't be able to change like if you are sick and if someone offers to help you with it like your own parent who supports your decision. Also traveling. If you have bladder control, you can give up 24/7 for now and return back to it. If you have kids, you also have to think what are you going to tell them if they question you about your "plastic underwear" or ask why you have diapers in your room.

Reactions: Pokogirl and Trevor
Remember to becarefull what you wish for you may get it :) for me I am 24/7 not by choice but have come to terms with it and it no longer bothers me (I actually like the benefits now of being protected) I figure I can not change the fact I need to wear so I might as well enjoy the benefits of not stressing about making it to a bathroom.

If I could get out of diapers I would but I am not worried if I never do

Well to answer a few questions. I have been wearing diapers most of the time for the last year or more. It is in my medical history that I wear. I don't really worry much about other people finding out because I do have Cerebral palsy.
As for kids I have adult kids and they know that I wear. The grandkids don't know i wear but if it comes up again I have a disability.
The only problem I have ran into so far is the cost of it. Things are tight right now and I still have to come up with the money to get at least a case for the month.
I do appreciate the feedback and yes I will be careful what I wish for. This is not something that I do because I like diapers. That initial like of diapers for fun is gone as I do tend to see it as more of a medical need.

For me, I think the occasional thoughts of being 24/7 come from my AB side. I envision my age play age around 3-4, and so when I see an older kid in diapers (or even my own kids, who both trained late) who seem so "comfortable" with wearing I sometimes wonder what that would be like.

My oldest -who has some sensory issues -didn't potty train until 2 months after his 5th birthday. He seemed very happy in diapers, but he definitely knew when he was pooping (he had a very hard time knowing when he was peeing or was wet) as he would usually go off to another room or find a corner or go behind the couch to do it and then go right back to playing. But it never bothered him to just "go." I remember once being out to dinner with him and my wife and my boss, my oldest was almost 4. Right in the middle of dinner at a fancy steakhouse, he got on his knees and started visibly pushing and grunting, in front of everyone at the table and everyone in the restaurant. Heh. Funny thing with him is he absolutely *hated* being changed and hated being put on a changing table, and he would absolutely scream in public while trying to change his diaper.

My youngest was probably a few months shy of 4 when he finally got the hang of potty training, but he was just stubborn. But much like my oldest, I think he just really enjoyed the diapers and the freedom to be able to play uninterrupted and *nothing* was getting him to change his mind otherwise.

So, yea, my AB side makes me think of myself as a little kid around that age, happily in a diaper 24/7 without a care or concern. But that's not realistic, either, nor do I get the experiences like an actual little kid. I just wish I could *be* that carefree, if that makes sense?

Reactions: denis97y
I wish I had the option to, but there would be times when I would not want to wear so if I had it my way I’d be diapered 90%-95% of the time. This last week I’ve been about 33% of the time :(

lilshelly said:
Well to answer a few questions. I have been wearing diapers most of the time for the last year or more. It is in my medical history that I wear. I don't really worry much about other people finding out because I do have Cerebral palsy.
As for kids I have adult kids and they know that I wear. The grandkids don't know i wear but if it comes up again I have a disability.
The only problem I have ran into so far is the cost of it. Things are tight right now and I still have to come up with the money to get at least a case for the month.
I do appreciate the feedback and yes I will be careful what I wish for. This is not something that I do because I like diapers. That initial like of diapers for fun is gone as I do tend to see it as more of a medical need.

I find it cruel that your partner doesn't like you to wear. I read in a post of yours that you can't wear in your bedroom or something when you need them.

My husband and I have discussed it and if I have a little age it is about 3 or 4 in need of diapers The little side of myself hardly ever comes out to play. Maybe one day but right now I deal more with other things that are going on in my life.

I have been 24/7 for over a year and a half now. It has it's own pros and cons.

If you go 24/7 you don't have to always rely on toilets. You can choose when to go & when to change. You can stay free from unexpected accidents. You become more experienced in wearing & changing diapers.

But one of the major con is the cost. Going 24/7 is not cheap. Therefore, you might want to consider that beforehand. To cut the costs, it's best to use the toilet sometimes when it's convenient. Like when you are at home. Make sure to fully use the diaper before changing but also be wary of leaks. One thing I do to cut costs is the use of baby diapers. They are cheaper than most adult diapers and some of them have very good absorbency. Although they are not as absorbent as an adult diaper and it would require you to change very frequently. Using them as boosters inside your main diaper may also be a good way to cut costs.

Last edited:
Reactions: CortexDragon
I have wished for 24/7 many times but only as a fantasy.

I do not want to go 24/7 in real life. I have too many things to do where I wouldn't like to wear diapers. Just like wanting to be a baby/toddler 24/7. That is great but only in my fantasies, not IRL.

Adiba said:
I have been 24/7 for over a year and a half now. It has it's own pros and cons.

If you go 24/7 you don't have to always rely on toilets. You can choose when to go & when to change. You can stay free from unexpected accidents. You become more experienced in wearing & changing diapers.

But one of the major con is the cost. Going 24/7 is not cheap. Therefore, you might want to consider that beforehand. To cut the costs, it's best to use the toilet sometimes when it's convenient. Like when you are at home. Make sure to fully use the diaper before changing but also be wary of leaks. One thing I do to cut costs is the use of baby diapers. They are cheaper than most adult diapers and some of them have very good absorbency. Although they are not as absorbent as an adult diaper and it would require you to change very frequently. Using them as boosters inside your main diaper may also be a good way to cut costs.

I honestly don't find the cost bad at all. I do go through 2 a day, 3 if I have a Red Bull so I buy a case every month. I budget $120 a month on diapers. I do drink water too.

Reactions: Pokogirl
My oldest -who has some sensory issues -didn't potty train until 2 months after his 5th birthday. He seemed very happy in diapers
I was in diapers late because of my Cerebral palsy. I am seriously starting to find ot harder to stand or sit for long periods of time. I sat in my chair at work for about 15 maybe 20 min and when I got back up I was sore and could hardly move right away. My ability to walk or lack thereof is starting to scare me

Back