Do you remember what it was like to use a pacifier as a toddler?

Elmo

Elmo Loves You ❤️
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I've wondered how using a pacifier feels to toddlers. Using a pacifier as an adult, it brings me comfort and soothes me, but I feel not to the extent it would a toddler. For a toddler, it's like their ultimate comfort object: they must have it at all times, it brings them immense comfort and security, and soothes them when in distress.

So, does anyone remember what it felt like to use a pacifier as a toddler? Does pacifier use still feel like that to you?

Last edited:
No my memory doesn't go back that far 🦊🤷‍♂️

Reactions: ReluctantAdult
I sucked my thumb until early 2nd grade and found it really comfortable - until peer pressure did its thing. I (mostly) don't suck my thumb any more, but do have a few pacifiers and really like them.

Reactions: ReluctantAdult and Elmo
I do have a vague recollection of how using my dummy felt as a toddler and it was incredibly comforting. Popping it into my mouth calmed and soothed me right down.

Using one now really helps me into little space and is comforting, but I'd agree it's not to the same extent as when I was a toddler. With one big exception: when I'm drifting off to sleep. Nursing on my dummy as I fall gently to sleep is exactly as I remember it, soothing and calming. Add a nappy, onesie and my snuggly dragon and I'm falling asleep just like I would have done. All the sensory cues are there. But the dummy in particular helps me, gently nursing on it makes me feel small and totally calm, relaxed and soothed (and funnily enough, sleepy).

Last edited:
Reactions: MamaInHerPajamas, ShyGirl91, denimchicken and 1 other person
You have to remember why its such a comfort thing for babies and toddlers, there's a secret why... Its... sexual stimulation to them, its not a joke here, everything entering their mouth produce the same feeling than when we jerk off, they are in deep of their oral phase, which is why a pacifier is important for them, otherwise most will use anything they find to stimulate their mouth, my cousin will be 3 at end of january and they just recently weened her out of her pacifiers, and she clearly isn't ready, she takes everything she can find and put it in her mouth, she doesn't cry for her pacifier, but I can clearly see she's not ready despite her parents clearly got rid of them, they don,t even want her to have a comfort item, altough she has some favorite dolls, they try real hard to break that habit, its funny because the dad still had his blanky till he was 9 yrs old, he couldn't sleep without it and was made fun at a camp, that's when he decided on his own to let it go.

CodyBaby said:
You have to remember why its such a comfort thing for babies and toddlers, there's a secret why... Its... sexual stimulation to them, its not a joke here, everything entering their mouth produce the same feeling than when we jerk off, they are in deep of their oral phase, which is why a pacifier is important for them, otherwise most will use anything they find to stimulate their mouth, my cousin will be 3 at end of january and they just recently weened her out of her pacifiers, and she clearly isn't ready, she takes everything she can find and put it in her mouth, she doesn't cry for her pacifier, but I can clearly see she's not ready despite her parents clearly got rid of them, they don,t even want her to have a comfort item, altough she has some favorite dolls, they try real hard to break that habit, its funny because the dad still had his blanky till he was 9 yrs old, he couldn't sleep without it and was made fun at a camp, that's when he decided on his own to let it go.
I think modern psychology has mostly rejected Freud’s concept of sexual development stages that begins with oral fixation.

Reactions: ShyGirl91, KCA, CartersaurusRex and 2 others
ReluctantAdult said:
I think modern psychology has mostly rejected Freud’s concept of sexual development stages that begins with oral fixation.
Not at all true. There are psychoanalytic Insitutes that still follow Freud's methods and teaching, plenty of journals, academics, and practitioners, especially in major cities like NYC, Paris, London and Buenos Aires. You can visit the excellent Freud museums and libraries in London and Vienna. Science is a process, and revision and argument is common. I'm a proud Freudian, and I think ABDL largely supports many of his developmental theories. I aldo have a pet theory that Freud himself was ABDL, which calls into question his insights, but perhaps explains a lot...

Reactions: CookieMonstah
ReluctantAdult said:
Yes I know parts of Freud concepts were exagerated, but there's clearly a link with sexual development and oral fixation is one of them, its not only sexual actually, they learn a lot of precious information by tasting anything they can put in their mouth, its much more complex than we think it is, myself I'm unable to explain much of that.

I remember, but very vaguely, that I found a nipple and hid and sucked and hid it, but I hid under the bed, if my memory serves me, it was about 3-4 years ago, and I remember exactly when I was caught they cut her eyes with scissors and after they did it I don't remember anything anymore but I definitely remember when I was 10 years old or something I found my old children's winter overalls and what do you think I wanted to try them on and unfortunately I it didn't fit, and after 2-3 years I tried my first diaper.

I have vague memories of a teething ring. But it may have belonged to my little brother or even someone else. :geek:

Yes. I used mine until I was 3. The only real memory I have is being upset when one broken and screaming and making my mom go to the store and buy me a new one lol.

I clearly loved it but I wasn't upset when my mom passively aggressively took it away. I didn't develop the attachment to a pacifier the way I did for diapers.

I was definitely more attached to diapers. I don't entirely remember but sometimes it was the only thing that would relax me other times it wouldn't. Ironically, regardless what the response was more likely to be then, it is definitely calming for me in the present.

I don’t remember the feel in my mouth, but I do remember what they looked like.

For me it was my blankie
I still have it to this day, but I used to take it everywhere with me. The day my mom told me I can't carry it everywhere was heartbreaking. I cried a lot. I think I was 4 when she told me.

My mom told me that I couldn't find my pacifier so my mom said it was lost that's how she got me off the binky. Otherwise I have no memory of my binky. When a baby nurse it calms them down and comforts them. So the suckling is natural reflex. Baby's don't have sexual thoughts they may do something
That may feel good but have such a short attention span that they are onto next thing they are experiencing

I don't remember it at all, actually. I recently got myself a pacifier and while I like it, it doesn't feel as good as a diaper. Most of what I like about it is the fact that I think it makes me look cute.

I don't remember many sensations from babyhood. The only thing I remember is my summer closed toe sandals being buckled on to my bare feet. I think it's one reason I have a fetish for wearing shoes without socks.

No memories of pacifiers. I was a thumb/finger sucker a lot later than most and I remember my parents doing everything to get me to stop (painting that gross tasting stuff on my fingers etc.)

Every so often I will wake up with my thumb in my mouth, even today. Kinda like when that happens. The dreams can be entertaining.

I don't think I used a pacifier, at least I don't remember using one. I do remember being a thumb sucker and sometimes I can still feel the phantom callus on my left thumb.

Not sure how old I was, but I keep a few moments using paci. Sure I was younger than 3 years - my mother told I was very to get rid of the pacis - may I wasn't ready, but I can't give a credit of that. Not sure at all, but there's high probability of some arrouse.

Between my four and five years I stold a paci from my sister and enjoyed it daily in secret for some months. Paci disappeared eith pre-christmas general cleaning. I was very upset, but didn't told anything.

When I was 11 or 21 I find some paci outside when returning from school, cleaned it at home and restarted my viciousness. After that I started buying pacis from time to time. There have been some longer or shorter interruptions, but stil I'm daily (ab)user. I sleep with paci nearly every night from my adolescence.

Resumed... I developed pacifier fetish - I go hot very fast and the top moment is intensive. It helps me sleep better because snoring.

But I've to say when I'm with woman, I enjoy oral contact with her boobs in the same way like pacis and bottles.

Back