Do you really need 7000ml nappy capacity?

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yes you do when on the beer. 7000ml don't leak.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: diaperdude, Jimbolo, wetaccident and 4 others

IcyBlue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Beer makes all the pee~ so better safe than sorry 🎶

• Love
Reactions: chrischrischris, Jorelaxed and bobbilly

Ravensteel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I for one have a big bladder so I appreciate the higher capacity. However yes it's a novelty at some point. For me it's worth the premium price.

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks, chrischrischris, Jorelaxed and 1 other person

Hemix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Yea, I pee a lot, but it's very hard to wear one without anyone noticing it, so I have to wear pull-on nappies instead 🙄😁

Reactions: Angelapinks, chrischrischris and bobbilly

AnonJohn

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Normal adult urine production is ~.5-1.5 ml / kg / hr. So on the high end one might need 3000 ml in a day total capacity.

But you won't use all available capacity. For babies, they will typically use 25-35% of available capacity. More aggressively, one might say 50% for an adult. But if you use 35% of 7000ml capacity, that's 2500ml, within normal production for 1 change a day. So I view the 7000 as for 24 hr situations, overnight, or ... beer! ☺

If you scale a Huggies Overnight to adult sizes (based on urine production / kg) you'd get a 4000 ml diaper (180 lb adult). So it is overkill by most metrics. But still good to have for special use scenarios ...

Reactions: chrischrischris, ArgentBuffalo, TreeLad and 1 other person

wearforsafety

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Usually, I do not need that kind of capacity. Overkill for day use. Not to mention size of it, potential odout after longer wear and skin rush.
For night and when you are in bed ill, then this kind of big capacity diaper can be handy.

Reactions: chrischrischris

joemama

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
They are great for me during the day and I can limit my changes. However, once they get about 50% and if a booster is used, they become quite uncomfortable for me between the legs and make it hard to walk correctly. I feel like the front of my pants are broadcasting their sway back and forth with each step. I am not sure what it looks like from behind, but generally these diapers do not wick well for me and it mostly ends up in the crotch and front. I enjoy them and what they can mean for me during the day, but we have reached peak diaper in my opinion as anymore would just go to waste due to comfort and needing to change, not maximum utilization.

BunnyFofo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Figures like 7000ml represent the total amount the diaper could possibly absorb according to an international standard testing procedure.
In reality, *any* diaper will leak long before reaching that theoretical capacity, no matter what it is, because wetness will be concentrated in one area of the diaper rather than all around.

Diapers with more overall capacity can still absorb more without leaking, as a general rule.
So no, it's not necessarily overkill.

Personally though, when I buy diapers advertised as 7000ml it's more because I'm looking for something fun that will put bulk between my legs.
For leak protection and comfort, I find that there are well designed diapers with lower total absorbancy that actually feel and perform better.

fleckothefennec

I am fennec hear me scree
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I love the high capacity, the bigger and heavier the diaper gets the more I enjoy wearing it😍

• Love
Reactions: Hemix, chrischrischris and Forced

NotTheAverageMan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Would be a complete waste for me. If I really need a very absorbent diaper, a betterdry would be more than enough for me, and that particular diaper can last me around 9-10 hours. My bladder is small, so my max output is around max.250ml. And here my bladder feels like it’s about to burst. But when my bladder do signal it has to be emptied, I only pee around 100-150ml. So in general my voidings are on the smaller side, meaning any decent diaper can handle it.

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I've been wearing (out of necessity) since 2004 and the one consistent issue I've found with the "ultra absorbent" new diapers is that you'll never even come close to using the capacity they **MIGHT** offer without catastrophic leaks.
I pretty much pee like a hose left on when asleep as in it seems I'm constantly peeing. When I wear a Betterdry or NorthShore Supreme (my "normal" night time atire) with a Tranquility "Super Plus" contour booster pad I am essentially guaranteed I'll be able to sleep for 14, 16, 18 or even 20+ hours leak free. Without the booster (say I have to be up for a Dr appt and will sleep less than 10 hours) I'll wear a diaper alone as they're generally good for 6-10 hours unless I have a "bad" night. The diaper and booster NEED to be properly positioned and taped up correctly, but they will last me through really "bad nights" (when I'm "flaring", likely to sleep for a minimum of 12 to 14 hours and literally feeling like shit) and outside of some small damp spots on my reusable underpads, I rarely, IF EVER, experience catastrophic failure. I've been using this combination for nearly 4 years now but prior to Betterdry I used the old Molicare Super Plus with the same booster pad and that was an easy 15-16 hours trouble free with the Abena L4 immeasurably better, as in better but not by an hour...just a slight amount. I have little options on this front as I'm going to wind up alseep like this more than 2/3 of the time throughout the cool-cold weather months. The only time I don't have to stretch diapers to the max is when I am hospitalized as then there's nurses to change me every 8 hours though I bring my own diapers (hospital dips are USELESS and ought to be a ******* war crime!) and had to damn near beg they allow me to go the 8 hours (unless soiled) as the brands I wear will easily reach the 8 hour mark with room to spare EXCEPT when dehydrated and on continual IV fluids as then no diaper will last 4 hours it seems.

My "discreet" option for a long time was the European Tena "Active Fit" slip Maxi. Discreet yet safe for 3-4 hours without any leaks. I will wear a discreet diaper when I *USUALLY* have quick, frequent access to the men's room(s). Example....I go to a lot of AHL hockey games (Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins) and so long as I'm physically able to move as well as I can hope for I will only wear a minimal pad as I can get to a bathroom there within 60 seconds (usually less as I have my seats where the disabled people have wheelchairs...I do not normally use a wheelchair but steps when not feeling well are an issue) and this location is literally feet from the 4 men's rooms around that arena. If I'm going to an NHL game forget it....the lines alone can take 20 minutes and it takes me minutes to go up the dozens of steps I'm usually stuck climbing. When you get veteran tickets for free, you can't be a chooser...you take whatever you can get to see games I otherwise could not afford to see. ***NOTE TO VETERANS: IF you're interested in potential free tickets to sporting events, concerts, plays etc contact me and I'll get you the info you need***

I've tried a LOT of these "super high capacity" diapers overnight and with the exception of the Megamax, they all leaked overnight! I definitively can state that once an area of the padding that contains large amounts of SAP gets wet, the ability of that spot to absorb more takes much more time than it would if that spot was dry. Well, when you have literally "rivers & streams" of pee unable to immediately absorb into the padding & SAP, it will flow to the lowest point possible and if that lowest point is on the side of your diaper, where the leak guards are glued to the padding etc,, that diaper is going to leak, period. I've even noticed this on the Megamax, just not as seriously as I have on the "others" I've tried.

I'm not going to name the diapers I "tested" but suffice it to say each had a minimum advertised capacity of 4500ml. Besides the significant leaks I also had several briefs/diapers "pop" at the seams and allow billions of SAP particles and some "fluffing" to wind up pretty much everywhere. Not all did this but all did leak overnight when my "normal" overnight combination almost never will. I've ensured everything was taped on properly, the diaper was "fluffed up", the leak guards were inspected and stood up etc. The problem all seems to be directly related to too much SAP in proportion to the amount of actual "fluff". My reason for not naming any names is that most of these were sent to me with the understanding I'd try them and send back highly detailed feedback to the sender(s) and that is private communication between the senders and end user, which in this particular case was me.

My last observation relates to the impracticality of many (not all) of these diapers that can damn near drain a bath tub. ANYONE who happens to glance at your mid section while wearing one of these is GOING TO INSTANTLY KNOW something is unusual. I'd make a bet that the vast majority can and will put 2 + 2 together in 2-3 seconds and realize you're wearing one hell of a THICK diaper.

I wear what are considered "thick" diapers when I'm going to be out (anywhere be that by myself or with family, friends, my sons etc) and may not have immediate and frequent bathroom access. In these events I'll be wearing either an Abena L4, Molicare Maxi (PE only though the price on Molicare has stopped me from purchasing over 2 years ago) & usually a Betterdry. Despite a thick diaper, no one has ever noticed and if they did they didn't say a thing. I have less to fear than many as my entire family, all of the medical professionals (dr's, Nurses, receptionists, pharmacists etc) as well as all of my close personal friends (over 20 people with ease) have known of my health issues and diapers for nearly 20 years now. I never go around flaunting them, wear plain "onesies" as they make anyone seeing anything outside of a t-shirt when my pants slip down or shirt rides up as that's exactly what they are....the fact they go around my crotch and snap together towards the front of my crotch is immaterial and no one else's business anyway. I tied the "discreet" options when this was new to me in 2004 and wound up "running" (as quickly as a man in agony using a walker possibly could) to my van when I realized my discreet diaper totally failed, there was a lake of pee at my feet and my pants were drenched! I left my shopping cart full of food and stuff where it stood and went straight home. I literally did NOT leave my house for anything other than Dr appts, hospitalizations, visits to my parents or inlaws for almost a year....I finally decided that I would not allow ANYTHING or ANYONE to dictate what I can or can't do myself in however long I had left on this Earth. At that time no one had a good handle on what was wrong with me, how I went from being amongst the strongest men on Earth (bench press over 500lbs, squat over 1000..all totally drug free....worked 50-60 hours week, coached football & HS wrestling, was raising my 2 very young sons, refinishing my house myself etc etc etc plus continued expanding my business and education to where I was literally unable to stand/walk 7 months later, was hiding the fact I'd been peeing everywhere when asleep and sometimes when awake...I was convinced I would be dead within weeks to months and at times still wish that was true.

My point it you only get one roll of the dice and whatever the dice do, is your life (real basic way to describe life and uncertainties) but you may as well make the best of every situation possible. DON'T worry about ANYTHING you can't control. If some ignorant asshole wants to make fun of you or whatnot, beat the shit out of them (if you can't, one of your friends probably can). I admit I was at the top of the food chain in the area as I'd literally been in hundreds upon hundreds of full blown brawls and no one ever came close to even slowing me down, let alone stopping me...so no one went out of their way to try to belittle me because of my medical problems with the sole exception of my wife!!! Never realized how shallow she was or how much she LOVED money until my once MONSTROUS build began to have weight (from medical steroids needed to keep my alive) more or less hide the bulk and once the incredible money I made from being better than 998/1000 vehicle technicians/mechanics in the area went away as I either could not work or was hospitalized (over 125 days in 2004 alone, over 700 total since) and my marriage died the day I woke up with a 106 fever incapable of moving, making a noise (throat swollen shut) etc. Only reason we weren't divorced then is because I wanted to take myself out already...IF I would have lost being with my 2 & 5 year old sons to her I wouldn't had hesitated to take myself out after "removing" a number of others who had to go before I did LOL....

I apologize for wandering with this writing...not feeling well (PAIN) which make thinking straight and staying focused on a single topic almost impossible to accomplish. Thank GOD I "won" my 30 year long war with the VA and now have full and permanent VA/Army disability although it sure would have been nice to have had this when I first saw life as I once knew it come to a catastrophic ending but it is what it is.

IF anyone else is dealing with these sort of issues and you need someone to talk to either through messages like this, emails or even phone calls, let me know and I'll get you the information needed to reach me in whichever way you prefer. There are indeed many others here willing to help those who are "new" to this here besides me too. My last statement is that I don't care if you wear diapers for kink or pleasure without needing them. I only get upset when someone pretends to be disabled as a fantasy and I have no time for people who do that. Nothing to do with children either, outside of advising older teens on social issues. I will NOT discuss anything sexual or about sexuality with anyone - any age unless first asked and then only in a private conversation.

Reactions: nikthewerelion, IcyBlue and abdl86

Pantyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If you are trying to get 12 hours out of your diaper like me , yes, you need all the capacity you can get. And I add a booster or two.

sotexasDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I have a couple of different diapers that are my normal 'go to' night time diaper when I normally will wet 3-5 times per night. My problem comes from the couple of nights a week where I go out and drink numerous beers. I've tried most of the high capacity diapers, the MM, the Trest Elite rated at an unrealistic number of 9500mL, Alpacas. Critter Caboose and others. I've yet to find one that can hold all I let loose in pee after my 'beer night' out. Do I need a booster to go with it???

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
sotexasDL said:
I have a couple of different diapers that are my normal 'go to' night time diaper when I normally will wet 3-5 times per night. My problem comes from the couple of nights a week where I go out and drink numerous beers. I've tried most of the high capacity diapers, the MM, the Trest Elite rated at an unrealistic number of 9500mL, Alpacas. Critter Caboose and others. I've yet to find one that can hold all I let loose in pee after my 'beer night' out. Do I need a booster to go with it???
Not sure a booster would help...you can actually "see' why these diapers leak...when totally dry, they seem like you could dump an entire bucket of "pee" (or a saline solution as water is chemically different from urine) and they'll almost immediately absorb everything. The problem is once wet, the time they require to absorb additional wetting incidents goes up dramatically! I'm nearly convinced (without doing in depth/detailed scientific experiments) that the Super Absorbent Polymers (S.A.P.) that is already wet requires 4-8x as long to absorb additional wetness compared to dry SAP & "fluff".
This is actually a great idea for an experiment for those who enjoy recording themselves doing these type of experiments and who has all of the necessary "equipment" required to do a series of these experiments "scientifically". I say a series as being scientific requires the ability to duplicate the experiments and results. I've seen someone do scientific experiments similar to this on adult diapers but I can not recall who did these, what company they worked for (if any) or even where I saw those videos. I'd send professionally written requests for test products from companies who offer these products with the promise of sending them the results and test criteria PLUS all videos of testing. IF companies refuse to send product to be tested maybe set up a post asking for small donations from as many people on sites like this as possible but you have to be 100% transparent as I know I'd WANT TO KNOW where my money was going and have some sense that it is going towards what I intended it to go towards. I'd list every single donation (no names unless asked to by the donor) and the total received, then show copies of the receipts for all products, test supplies/materials, cleaning/disposal costs etc. I figure they top 10 diapers could likely be fully tested by having 3 of each so the cost of 30 premium diapers, shipping, supplies etc wouldn't be a ton of money...if 50 people each donated $2.50 to a website that does this sort of thing this experiment could be performed quite well (maybe even professional in appearance) and then posted for free to multiple sites.

IF anyone is interested in doing these experiments, please let me know and set up a donation account on a REPUTABLE website. I'd donate up to $5 myself and I'd have to figure there are a lot of others like me who'd donate a few bucks to see actual, reproducible results. I mentioned 50 people as an example though I'd bet if properly promoted it wouldn't be difficult to exceed 150 donors AND some free product (minus shipping) from some of the more reputable companies who have an actual stake in seeing these experiments performed. Hell, even a company can do this themselves though they'd have to go out of their way to ensure the tests are identical and the results are not skewed even a minimal amount.

This might just be the best "idea" I've had in some time. Unfortunately for me I struggle throughout the cool-cold weather and I am nowhere near PHYSICALLY reliable throughout the winter months.
PLEASE PM me if anyone decides to do this or anything similar. I'd be interested from a practical aspect as i have to wear though I guarantee those who wear for fun or kink (or stress relief) and interested in the thickest, most effective products on the market would likely be the biggest donors. Even if people only donate $1.00, enough $1 donations don't take very long to add up. If there's money left over you offer prize packs with each dollar donated becoming 1 chance to win.
WOW...my mind is waking up after a weekend of less than 90 minutes of sleep! At least I KNOW I get to sleep tomorrow as I am going in for another minor back surgery and will be under for a few hours at the minimum.

OldTerry

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I too love seeing my bulging squishy sagging nappy and waddling and also add a booster in sometimes.
I like to fill the back of my nappy also as I love weeing laid on my back

NorthwestDiaperDude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
For someone that wears diapers out of need due to incontinence, that's not practical. For Play time, sure; for everyday wear to work or out and about however, that isn't even a good idea!

Last edited:

Diaper44

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Incontinent
Bigger the better especially if been out drinking. I’d fill it by the morning

Reactions: diaperdude

Link66

Nappyuser
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
7000ml or 7 liter capacity. That's 7kg of weight between your legs. I doubt the tapes would hold and support that weight for to long if you have to walk.

OldTerry

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Link66 said:
7000ml or 7 liter capacity. That's 7kg of weight between your legs. I doubt the tapes would hold and support that weight for to long if you have to walk.
I've weighhed nappies up to 14 pounds and tykable tapes holding just

• Wow
Reactions: Jorelaxed

Antientmariner

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Link66 said:
I'm wearing an NRU str8up, which has an 8,000 ml capacity. The tapes can hold this cloud on for over 24 hours, np.

• Wow