Do you read books?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last book I read was Artemis by Andy Weir.

Whereas The Martian was a survival story, a character study, and a rare example of a positive commentary on human nature, Artemis is more of a thriller.

The science is as hard core as The Martian, albeit with the standard creative liberties that satisfy the fiction half of things.

The main character, Jazz, is a smuggler/delivery gal who grew up on the Moon's first colony. And the main plot kicks into gear when she's offered a huge pay day for some sabotage.

Again, not the same story as The Martian, but really why would you expect it to be? It's a page turner. Fast paced, witty dialogue, strong and realistic characters that refuse to let you forget who they are. And it left me begging for more.

It does everything a story like this is supposed to do. And I'm hungry for Weir's next novel.

So, I just started my 6th book this year.

"Autoboyographhy" by Christina Lauren (which is actually two authors who cowrite and use that penname).

It's so interesting so far. It's about a liberal and progressive bisexual teenager who's family ended up in Provo, Utah, in the heart of the Mormon community. Of course, he hates it and wants to leave. However, things turn terrible when he starts falling in love with the successful poster boy of the community, who happens to be extremely religious, and whose parents are bishops of the Mormon church. That can only spell one thing: Trouble.

The book has so much personality!

I absolutely love reading. I'm just about finished reading The Redemption of Althalus by David Leigh Eddings, after that I'll likely re-read The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. I re-read them each once or twice a year, maybe more.

I've written one, but if you want a link PM me, as I'm not comfortable posting it openly here. It's not *BDL-related, but it is *BDL-friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back