Do you like your hometown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanch

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
After a visit home during the weekend, I was thinking about this, and decided I quite do. I grew up in a small, fairly quiet and affluent little town in Cheshire, about 15 miles from Manchester (where I live now). I wasn't keen on it as a teenager, because it was boring and quite old-fashioned and conservative - though I always appreciated living near some attractive countryside. However, when I went away to University, I began to appreciate the place more, as it was nice to come home from living in a City to being in a small town where you know most of the people you see in the pub or at the shops.

How about fellow ADISCers? How do you feel about the city/town/village where you grew up, and has your opinion of it changed over the years.

santa22

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I do somewhat miss my hometown, havent been there in over 15 years. but i'm also happy where im at right now.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I miss it. My town was a functional little unit growing up. Unfortunately, as with many towns, these things got pushed out by bigger chain stores and now it's down to being a tourist trap. I suppose I should be glad that it can manage to generate tourist income but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth knowing how alive it once was. Where I live now is more like it was, so I guess I've taken some of the best parts with me.

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I've lived in 3 places since birth , the first being a small Surrey village , you knew every one and had great community spirit and miss it but couldn't afford to move back there being prime commuter belt
Second was Worthing on the south English coast to full of old people and don't miss it
Now I live in Hampshire in Gosport ,pain in the arse to get in and out of but all family are here

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The town I was born in has some memories, but it was al a part of LA.

The town I spent most of my life especially when I grew up is always in my memories, but it has grown up so much and no longer the little town that I remember.

I even moved out with no regrets because. My Son was not getting an education there, the school was more concern in keeping the gangs under control and dumbing down the education to get to no one left behind status.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I personally dislike my hometown. It's a sad little place with nothing nothing to do. You have to leave town just to find something to do. I'm glad I don't live there anymore.

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I personally dislike my hometown. It's a sad little place with nothing nothing to do. You have to leave town just to find something to do. I'm glad I don't live there anymore.

I can relate to this one.

It is not my home town, but the closes "town" to us when we lived in Arizona was Winslow. After you stand on the corner, there is nothing else to do, but go to Flagstaff.

mtdl84

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I miss my old town south central Montana. I miss that I could go anywhere and never get lost. Here in south eastern Washington I get lost easy haha but thanks to technology I always find my way home.

Mawile

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I dont really miss my hometown specifically. I mean, I'd move back in a heartbeat, and I'm definitely familiar with the place. But I don't miss it much sentimentally. But I really do hate living in the city here. I mean, I'm on the outskirts of Pittsburgh, so its not too bad as long as I can manage with whats within 15 minutes of here, but I hate having to go into downtown. Back home, roads aren't really packed like here so there's that, plus its very rural. So, in a weird way, I miss my hometown, but not really because it's my hometown. It's just a nice place, especially compared to here.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I don't like my hometown. It's over-run with paranoid, gun-toting, fundamentalists. I only go back because I love my mom and brothers who aren't paranoid or fundamentalist.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I miss my home town terribly. It's Toms River, N. J., otherwise known as the Jersey Shore. It was a great place to grow up as a kid, but I couldn't afford to live there now. Properties cost to much as do the taxes that go with the property. My aunt and uncle owned a house in Seaside Park, right on the ocean and it was awesome. My friends and I used to go over to the boardwalk every summer and enjoy the rides and the food. I sometimes wonder if I'll ever see it again. My kids grew up in central Virginia and I won't move away from them as they're my life.

Premetheus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I love my hometown and grew up here. It hasn't changed much except for businesses and what not. I've lived here for a total of 18 years which... is how old I am. It has a lot of people I like and some that I don't, so there is that.

Shran

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I have always liked my hometown. It is pretty and next to tons of fresh water. My only complaint is that the cold snowy winters last about 3 months to long.

ozbub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I grew up in a shitty suburb and really don't miss it at all....I guess I have a few good memories (but only a few) now I live in a little country town. It's awesome....if I had of grown up here I would have had heaps of fun exploring the outdoors....going all Bear Grylls lol. Well....maybe I do go exploring sometimes :D

No miserable suburbs for me ever again.....it's bad enough having to visit folks there. (Apologies to urban dwellers....just not for ozbub)

Meowstic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Where I grew up is a very wooded area that's not quite suburban, but not full-on forest either. It's about 9 miles to and from town. Very hilly, great hunting spots, streams and stuff, a trail for our 4-wheeler (also for getting wood), and not a lot of neighbors. I love it there, but much to the disappointment to my dad, I love being close to all the stores so... Erm... Yeah...

gigglemuffinz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I haven't spent much time in it since I left, but I'm sure that a sweet sort of nostalgic feeling would come from me visiting my old hometown. Now.. there wouldn't be much to do for me there. Almost all my family moved away.. once I had gone and seen the outside of my childhood homes or visited old haunts there wouldn't be much reason to stay. It was tiny, there was never really anything to do.. but you know. It would be cute. I don't hate the place like some of my other family members do.

Illinoise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Well, I still live in my childhood hometown. Actually, I still live in my childhood home. LOL

We're kind of on the edge of "nowhere", but still only about a half-hour from St. Louis. And we're only three miles from a freeway.

My big problem isn't with my hometown, it's more an issue with my home state. Illinois just has so many problems. Never mind that we have one of the highest gas taxes in the nation. Meanwhile, the state historic site I volunteer at is in big time peril, as funding for our agency has been slashed by 20%.

And then there's our history of having former governors going to prison.

As for my hometown, it's like a lot of towns across America. A lot of closed down manufacturing plants dot one of the main drags. But we do have a good amount of history in this town, and we do a good job of recognizing and celebrating that history.

Gsmax

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I have mixed feelings towards my home town.

One the one hand, I like the quiet laid back attitude of my home town. I like how it's a nice buffer and provides some distance between me and Los Angeles, and it's easy to get around the place. It's a very walkable city.
However, all the reasons I mentioned for liking it are the same reasons I dislike it. It's really boring as nothing interesting ever happens here at all and if you wanna do anything, you have to get in your car and head on down to L.A, which annoys me as doing stuff is now expensive.

Pulluplover

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I dont like it. Various bad memories, but also flat, plain and boring. I love Mountains, the outdoor recreation, exploration and adventure and there was not much of that in Texas. Cannot imagine England...

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I have a love/hate relationship with my home-town. It's also not too far away from Manchester but has long had problems with race-relations, as well quite a low income population and no real industry after the pits closed. I do miss it though, particularly after moving to Scotland. I think I probably miss the humour of the place the most of all. Everyone there is so laid back really, nobody with a stick up their arse. I also miss the price of a pint.

As for how it's changed over the years... It's probably got better over time. There's been a lot of investment in it recently, they're doing up some of the historical sites in it too. Plus the BNP seemed to have disappeared from British politics, which can only be good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.