• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Do you like Oprah?

Do you like Oprah?

• She is practically my god.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • She's good.

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • I'm neutral.

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • She sucks.

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • SOMEONE KILL HER!

Votes: 7 17.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
NO! Shoot her!

B

Butterfly Mage

I chose "neutral" since I don't watch her show and I'm not on the Opera book list either (the book I wrote in 2001 was so bad that she couldn't have saved it anyway. I got a whopping $26.25 royalty check.)

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Oprah rocks! What would my hung over Sunday afternoons be without her to keep me company? What, I ask?!

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I like mocking Oprah, does that count?
Depends on why you mock her.

NO! Shoot her!
I didn't think anyone would actually pick that *head explodes*

I chose "neutral" since I don't watch her show and I'm not on the Opera book list either (the book I wrote in 2001 was so bad that she couldn't have saved it anyway. I got a whopping $26.25 royalty check.)
Fair enough.

Oprah rocks! What would my hung over Sunday afternoons be without her to keep me company? What, I ask?!
Hung over saturday mornings?

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't watch her very much, but the shows I have seen have been good. So I voted that way. She is thoughtful, insightful, generous and can keep both an interviewee and an audience interested enough to make a good show. She's intensely human, too, certainly with her own foibles and problems.

I believe she has also been an actor, before she got her own TV show. I saw her in some movie and admired her.

Maxicoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Little
oprah sucks. She's way over rated. All oprah is is a lady with way to much money and a tv show, who cares.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I voted neutral as I don't watch that kind of TV. I did seriously ROTFLMAO when they ripped her on The Man Show with the cupcakes in the toilet.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
She sucked the instant she acted all high and might when saying "EVERYONE GETS A FREE CAR, YOU GET A CAR, YOU GET A CAR, YOU GET A CAR, YOU GET A CAR!"

I don't mind people helping others out, but for ___'s sake, don't do it for the flipping ratings or to become holier then thou. All of those types of people can go drive off into the grand canyon.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't really have much opinion either way. I applaud her effort to set up schools in Africa, and I mostly respect her. Although, I have to admit I lol'd pretty hard when she was successfully trolled through her site's message board.

Jon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
NO! Shoot her!
While I agree, you could also put her on the street for a while and see how she handles not having billions of dollars in assets at her disposal. I can't stand her.

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Wow, I didn't think this many people hated Oprah.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Wow, I didn't think this many people hated Oprah.
Being neutral is being hateful now huh? I voted neutral even though I don't sound that way in my posts. My post is also all assumptions too. She might be a bitch off camera or she might be a saint. I think its likely to be one or the other and a person of her status seems likely to be a bitch. Again, assumptions.

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
5 people voted that they wanted Oprah to die. Thats what I was referring to.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I liked Debra Wilson on Mad TV being Oprah. I don't like the newer chick doing her though...She ruins it

Role
Private
After spending an entire year off last year, I was put into a position where it was be bored, or be bored watching Oprah. I opted for the latter. Some episodes were okay, like when they got genuine-professional guests on to talk about serious matters, but it's mostly just Oprah spewing superficial bullshit that lonely, sexless housewives eat up like hobos at an Unlimited Free Cheeseburger Day at McDonalds.

I can respect the fact she is trying her best to make lives better for the underprivileged, but the fact her answer is to just throw money at the problems then condense the whole escapade into a one-hour timeslot doesn't give me much faith in her work.

Status
Not open for further replies.