Do you hide your DL life from your partner or spouse?

Do you hide your DL side?

• Yes

Votes: 81 35.4%
  • No

Votes: 148 64.6%

• Total voters
I told my wife several years ago. I was making a big deal of it. When it finally came out she said oh is that all? I was pretty relieved. So we have had some fun with both of us diapered. But it really isn't her thing, although I think she likes it when I'm diapered. I usually go to bed before her and she comes in and checks to see if I'm padded for bed.
I sleep every night diapered. I get better sleep.
I love my wife. And I love the fact that she accepts me for who I am.

Reactions: jenstheboy, KBoy, NKY2020 and 5 others
I told my now wife a week after we got together i looked at it this way if she didnt like it she can get the f__k out and we have been together 10yrs now

Reactions: jenstheboy, KBoy, axelair and 1 other person
I voted yes on this, because I've hid it a majority of our relationship. We're married now, and I had hid it for around 7 years before we were engaged, then married. It's been rough, it was definitely not taken well... concerned, confused, disappointed, and VERY much turned off. I kept it away from her, she refused to take part in it, one of those. After a few years though, she tolerates it. I can't get her to take part in it, except maybe once or twice a year, but she's at least ok with me wearing around her sometimes now. Definitely turns her off, but she tolerates it. It's just a bit depressing that I'll always just feel bad about it around her.

• Sad
Reactions: KBoy and littlemoosey
Told my wife four years ago. It came back up about a month ago. We've been having real discussions about it since. Very intense and exciting and nerve-racking and interesting times for me.

My husband found my stash of Goodnites when we first started dating. I was absolutely mortified and cried for hours. Luckily he was not only very accepting and understanding, but it allowed him to open about some of the things he likes. He even tried wearing for a time. Our relationship evolved into him being my "Daddy."

• Love
Reactions: Goodnitesdude0127, NKY2020, pokemonjesuzzz111111 and 4 others
My partner knows and is accepting. It would be pretty hard for me to hide it, she sleeps next to me while I’m wearing a wet and messy diaper all the time :p

• Love
Reactions: Lyokodl and Malverndl
My wife does not know. I only wear when I know she will be out for a few hours: playing cards, doctor appointment etc.
I do have stress incontinence as a side effect of a prostatectomy due to prostate cancer. Last week I was on a high dose of prednisone which weakens muscles and makes my stress incontinence worse. I wore a pull up to bed one night because I leaked thru a pad the night before.
She was very upset that I had to wear it. I just did not have the balls to tell her that I was a DL and enjoyed wearing. I know I passed up a golden opportunity.

I told my latest partner very early on in the relationship and we started very slowly together as she is very new to the whole thing. I wear around her a few times a week and she is extremely accepting, asks a lot of questions but doesn't participate yet at all. Still she understands what it means to me and how hard I've worked for years to reduce my shame around wanting to wear. We are finding ways we can try and bridge the gap which is amazing and our "regular" sex life is fantastic so that also seems to help a lot too.

Reactions: Subtlerustle, daddyconnor and littlemoosey
My gf is abdl and i met her through this site actually lol

• Love
Reactions: jenstheboy, Draxas, pokemonjesuzzz111111 and 3 others
Voted yes, then I changed it to no. My GF does not approve, but I am still trying to be open with diapers. I move around a LOT for school, so we only spend a few weeks a year together untill school is over. She says she does not want me to hide it from her, but she really does not like that I enjoy wearing diapers. I am a super confident person, but one of the few things that makes me nervous is talking about, or wearing diapers when I am with her. She doesn't want to break up with me, but I think she hopes it's just a phase.

• Sad
Reactions: Subtlerustle and littlemoosey
My other half knows, found out cause i didn’t clear my search history once and had to explain all. I try to make sure I don’t leave anything obvious for her; I don’t get to wear anymore as we live and work together.
It sometimes get brought up if we argue; but I don’t try to deny anything and hope eventually she’ll just accept it as something she isn’t going to change about me🤞

Told my wife after a few dates that I enjoyed daddydom littlegirl roleplay. She was shocked at first but was like "so let me get this straight, you would get turned on if you put me in diapers? Okay... let's see how you do. Be warned, I'm a neonatal nurse so I am going to be judging you "

She was really nice about my technique and said "I can tell you've had a lot of practice at this, you did them perfect."

It just gets better with time.

I've learned that time is precious. Don't wait forever to tell your wife, husband, significant other about what makes you happy. You may just find out you could have been living you best life for 10, 20, 30+ years if you had brought it up sooner.

And in my very bossy opinion, if they are not accepting then it is a pretty strong clue that they don't love you unconditionally. Some initial confusion or shock isn't unusual. But it isn't worth it in my opinion to be with someone who doesn't embrace all that you are.

A life hiding who you are is not good for anybody. So to those of you terrified of what you have to lose... study up on how to talk to your partner about it and think instead about all you have to gain.

Reactions: SAO999, Subtlerustle, KBoy and 1 other person
I have hid my being a diaper lover because I do not know what to say.

daddyconnor said:
Told my wife after a few dates that I enjoyed daddydom littlegirl roleplay. She was shocked at first but was like "so let me get this straight, you would get turned on if you put me in diapers? Okay... let's see how you do. Be warned, I'm a neonatal nurse so I am going to be judging you "

She was really nice about my technique and said "I can tell you've had a lot of practice at this, you did them perfect."

It just gets better with time.

I've learned that time is precious. Don't wait forever to tell your wife, husband, significant other about what makes you happy. You may just find out you could have been living you best life for 10, 20, 30+ years if you had brought it up sooner.

And in my very bossy opinion, if they are not accepting then it is a pretty strong clue that they don't love you unconditionally. Some initial confusion or shock isn't unusual. But it isn't worth it in my opinion to be with someone who doesn't embrace all that you are.

A life hiding who you are is not good for anybody. So to those of you terrified of what you have to lose... study up on how to talk to your partner about it and think instead about all you have to gain.

I completely agree with you. Momma2moosey says she wishes I had told her much sooner. Allot of years did go by unnecessarily. But in the end it all worked out.

Reactions: daddyconnor
I am not in a relationship, nor have I ever told anyone. However, when the time comes I have decided that I will absolutely tell her about my AD/DL interests as I don't want to hide it. That being said, it is easy to say I will tell her, but it will probably be hard to actually do it.

I had hid it from my partner for about the first 2 years of our relationship. She was very understanding when I did end up actually telling her and wasn't mortified thank god. In fact she was somewhat intrigued and curious about it and was super supportive and accepting of me.

She encourages me to explore who I am and wants me to be as comfortable as possible with it and enjoys being around when I do end up wearing around her. We just lay around and chill in bed and we both really like the intimacy of it. So telling my partner has definitely strengthened our relationship and trust in each other. And we have both discovered its something we enjoy doing together.

Reactions: RedPandaDL, daddyconnor and littlemoosey
I am very happy for you SteamPunk, and you are right, if you have an accepting partner it is very bonding.

Reactions: SteamPunk
My partner is also an ABDL and functions as my Daddy. So, No. I do not hide my ABDL side from him.

Reactions: daddyconnor
I did for years, then it started to wear on me, I wanted to tell her but didn't know how. I was at the point where a was grumpy about every little thing. One night laying in bed she asked me what is wrong, I told her nothing, several times. Finally I told her that I like to wear diapers. The reaction I got was far from what I thought it was going to be. She even said I could put a diaper on that the night, I declined that night and a while after, scared her view would change. She reassured me that I could wear diapers and it would be ok, so I started wearing diapers around her.

Reactions: Subtlerustle, RedPandaDL, SteamPunk and 3 others
Back