Do you hide your DL life from your partner or spouse?

Do you hide your DL side?

• Yes

Votes: 80 35.2%
  • No

Votes: 147 64.8%

• Total voters

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
For you Diaper Lovers who are in a relationship or a marriage, do you hide your diapers and do you keep your DL a secret?

I have been married for 6 years to an amazing wife. I've always been DL but never really wore diapers until January 2019. Since then I've been hiding diapers and wearing them while I am at work or while she is at work. I want to tell her but we are a pretty normal family and I'm afraid this would shock her too much, I tested the waters and I don't think she would accept it.

Whats your story?

Reactions: DLPeakOut and KBoy
I voted yes on the poll but it is more of a yes/no. I have told my girlfriend that I am a DL but she doesn’t really like it. It hasn’t affected our relationship it just isn’t her thing. Even though she knows I would still be embarrassed about wearing around her and I feel like she would look at me weird. So I only wear when she is gone which is hardly ever.

Reactions: Woncrinklz, Ortler, warmfeeling and 2 others
My wife knows but it's hidden. We have been married about a year, been together for 4 and I told her somewhere into the second year I think. She was only the second partner I told.

It didn't go great but didn't go totally bad (obviously we still remained, later became engaged then married). Basically we just left it. Like, HUGE weight off my shoulders, grounds were set and now it's just whatever. The conversation is totally off the table, she knows where I keep them but doesn't go near them. Doesn't want to see me wear and largely still doesn't understand it. I have my freedoms at work or when she's gone. I'm okay with it and she is too. Odd comparison but it's kind of like masturbation. I'm sure we both do it here and there, both subsconsciously know we do, but neither of us talk about it?

Luckily I have a pretty good balance on this side of me. Don't really want more out of it, consider myself wayyyy more DL than AB and don't care if she ever engages or wears. More could always be better but I'm thankful for what it is and that I was finally able to tell her and it didn't break us.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Tinklepanties, Woncrinklz and 2 others
My wife knows I am DL these days but as she was the one who suggested I wear nappies she can't really omplain.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, KBoy, armydipr and 1 other person
I am fully in the open. So 'no'. She does wear occasionally, too.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, submissivepatient, Subtlerustle and 1 other person
I have to hide it, my family does not approve of my love of Diapers. They can't seem to get past all the "you like diapers so you are perverted" bullshit. At least they don't bring it up too often... I only ever told one girlfriend she was cool with it, but we never really did anything more. We broke up 6 weeks later, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. I had one girlfriend who never would have accepted my ABDL side but I never told her because I was still trying to figure it out myself. We broke up a few weeks later and both of us were better off. When they say honesty is the best policy and you should let your S.O. know early on it really is true. You're much better off avoiding people who can't accept you for who you really are.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, theancientmariner and 60something
My best advice is to ask her where is that deepest, darkest, dirtiest place she goes in her mind when she's on the verge of climaxing. Then offer to find a way to make it happen. I have got myself into a few threesomes this way. I've had two exes who were into breastfeeding. I've had one dressed as Wonder Woman who was into ropeplay/shibari, and tied me up while I wore a Batman mask. Ive got to experiment with different things partners were into.
Without fail, they turn the conversation back to me. I let her know this is a trustfall, and I'm only telling her because I trust her, but then I tell her about my peculiar interest. I explain how sometimes it's the cute and fluffy end of BDSM. Other times it is dino nuggests, diapers, and Pixar, and getting out of my head and there are times it's just being the diapered "little spoon".

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, jenstheboy, Subtlerustle and 3 others
My husband knows that I have wetting problems, I don't involve him, I wear diapers 24/7 and wear diapers under my clothes. at night I cover my diaper with PJs

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, EcoIncon, Diaperman95 and 2 others
My wife diapers me, cleans me, dresses me, sends me out shopping in diapers, gardening in diapers. No need to hide anything. It’s harmless fun.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and littlemoosey
I told my gf I was abdl before we even met, while chatting online. Now she diapers me before bed, we both enjoy my nursing. We just got engaged today, so we are very open with each other and things are great.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, RuffRuff, moorey and 8 others
ORBaby said:
I told my gf I was abdl before we even met, while chatting online. Now she diapers me before bed, we both enjoy my nursing. We just got engaged today, so we are very open with each other and things are great.
👍👍👍👍

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Congrats #goals

I firmly believe there is a key to every lock.

I know the person that would be good with me in diapers, in little space, let me be the diapered little spoon, is a switch with impact play, might enjoy kinky sex nerdy roleplay in the bedroom (StarWars, Superheros, Disney characters, etc), go on football game road trips out of state, hips me to music I haven't heard, have deep conversations, workout with me, be a tiny bit maternal-ish when I could really use it /maybe "nurturing" is the right word, bring out the best in each other, etc...

I believe she's out there. I've had a lot of cake. Incredible cake. Epic cake. When you desire pie, cake will not ever be pie.

ORBaby said:

Tomorrow is my 15 year anniversary. I kept my DL side a secret until 10 years after marriage. It didn’t go well and she almost took the kids and left. After the dust settled, she knows I wear, but wants it done in secret and she never wants to hear about them or see them. If she is home, I can’t be wearing. I can’t say I’m ecstatic about this arrangement because she works from home so she’s always home, but I’ll take it instead of a divorce.

• Sad
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Cutiedan83, DLPeakOut and 1 other person
I voted no because my husband is also a ABDL so he knows about my diapers and was the one who put me in them 24/7 and I don't have a choice.

• Wow
I have been married 9 years and my wife found out and not by me telling her. She confronted me about it three years ago and I am still working on talking to her about it. I have seen it mentioned on other post but check out the pod cast dream a little. I think it can help a lot and it is giving me ideas on what I can do not to screw up. Also it shows what others have gone through too.

I'm married 13 years now and just last Christmas my wife decided to hide Christmas presents in the same spot I hide my diapers. She told me she found diapers and I told her they were mine and that I like wearing them. She had no problem with it at all. She only asked a few questions and the topic was over. I now openly wear in front of her and she has no issues with it. Makes me mad for not telling her sooner, but now she is the only person that knows (except you guys lol)

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Subtlerustle and DLPeakOut
I don't have a boyfriend at the moment. But I think I would tell him if he was understanding

Reactions: Lyokodl, PadPhilosopher and KBoy
I have been with my wife for 45 years she has know form the beginning , not diapers but wetting on purpose, diapers came along later maybe off and on as long as 20 years ago, she has very little to do with them , she does buy them for me when my supplies get low. they are not hidden as the house is just the two of as my kids have grown and moved on years ago. they are just in my dreeser drawer. I wish she would be more accepting of them but it isn't real bad the way it is now. I cannot expect her to enjoy something that is as personal as diapers are ,, I'm sure she has her things that I wouldn't want to do.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, scaifester, DLPeakOut and 1 other person
My wife knows because she found one of my diapers years ago. She does not like it and is not accepting of it at all. So, I hide my stuff and don't let her now about it. Every few years she will find something and confront me. I am better at hiding now ☺

• Sad
Back