Do you have plastic mattress cover and bed pads on your bed?

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I do. I like the crinkly when I roll over plus I'm 24/7 and when I drink alcohol I always wet my nappies uncontrollable and they sometimes leak so the bed pads stop me from having to change the whole bed.

Reactions: robdl15

chamberpot

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Yes we have always had a fitted plastic cover on the bed , on top of that we have a fitted padded "waterproof" cover then the regular bedding very quite and very protective as I don't care if I leak or on those nights that i take off my diaper for whatever reason and wet the bed completely, really mostly a holdback from when I didn't wear diapers at all and just wet the bed ...Mattresses are pricey

Last edited:

Wetshisbed

Incontinent and Enuretic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Fitted mattress cover and washable bed pad are a permenant fixture on our bed.

Reactions: chamberpot

Kayleigh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Just a bed pad on mine.

Reactions: chamberpot

DLmikey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have a ’cotton-feel’ waterproof and washable mattress protector permanently on the bed, but on nights when I wear nappies I have a Drylife double-bed size bed pad under the top sheet too. Although I wear plastic pants over my disposable too, I like to feel that should any leaks occur everything is well protected and it allows me to feel totally relaxed.

Reactions: robdl15 and chamberpot

EmmyBaby2000

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I just have a bed pad under my sheet, I hate the crinkly rough texture of most plastic mattress covers. Luckily my nighttime diaper has plenty of capacity for my tiny bladder, so leaking isn't usually a problem. It's only been an issue when I fell asleep with a baby diaper on accidently a few times.

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I also have a fitted mattress waterproof cover. It did take me a little bit to get use to the crinkly sound, now I don't even notices sound any more !!!

abdl86

Time for Cuddling
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
yes i sure have some cover on my bed to protect the mattress.

dpcare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I'm incontinent and diapered 24/7 and I sleep on a hospital bed so the mattress itself is waterproof I am also a side sleeper so I am susceptible to leaks so I double make my bed even though the mattress is waterproof it is covered with a zippered waterproof cover and a washable absorbent bed pad and a fitted sheet on top of that is a fitted waterproof sheet and another washable absorbent bed pad and a couple of disposable pad and another fitted sheet so if I wake up in the middle of the night all I have to do is peel off the fitted sheet the bed pas and the fitted waterproof sheet and under that, I have a dry bed ready to get into and go back to sleep and my waterproof covers are made to be quiet no crinkles

Reactions: ParaRomeo

ParaRomeo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have a hospital bed and hybrid mattress that is encased in some kind of material to protect the mattress and being a medical product think it has to be for hygienic reasons. I do use underpads to catch leaks it's can be hard to change sheets out. My wheelchair cushion has an incontinence cover as well but I normally keep a disposable underpad in between outter cover(washable) and incont cover so it's discreet

BostonBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yes, plastic mattress cover - and an extra pad under my side of the bed to guard against leaks. Protects the quality of the bed too - and the embarrassment level of the AB (and his wife) when we change out mattresses - and the removal team doesn't have to glance at a urine stained product -- all on one side of the bed... BOY did I / we learn that lesson quickly!!

robdl15

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Yeah, a waterproof mattress cover and a bed pad under the tops sheet on my side of the bed so if I do leak it’s not a big deal. I also wear plastic pants too. I’d rather be over prepared than to wake up needing to do laundry

Reactions: DLmikey

HockeyGuy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yes I have a mattress cover that is waterproof. I found a good one that you would have no idea was waterproof. But I know from experience it is!

PurplePup89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
Yep, I have a waterproof mattress cover, a decision I made after a couple of legitimate "accidents". It's come in handy quite a few times over the years!

Prillprillprill

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Even better, I have a waterproof mattress

Reactions: Diaperon and Carl2229

Carl2229

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have a fitted vinyl mattress cover on mine. When the mattress was new, I treated it with a Scotchgard-like stain preventer just in case something goes wrong with the cover and it leaks.

Napincolove

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
We have a waterproof mattress protector and I also use a large absorbant pad too, this pad has proven to be a real life saver in my early days when I was learning the art of making Nappies pretty much leak proof.

Remo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Mattress cover and bed pad for me. Changing the pad is easier than changing the bed! I have leaked off the pad a couple of times, the vinyl mattress cover saved the mattress.

Seasonedcitizen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I have a fitted mattress pad and a sheet of heavy plastic over it. I have pets.

sissybaby34

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Fully enclosed Eva Dry (uk) mattress protector on my bed. Would dearly love to get a rubber sheet like the one I had in my youth, but they are very dfficult to find these days. Any noise does not worry me at all.