Do you get sudden loss of interest?

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am familiar with binge/purge but wanted to start a topic specifically on the sudden loss of interest. I am still somewhat new to DL, having only discovered ABDL diapers this January (store brand never interested me).

Does anyone else have days or weeks where they absolutely love being diapered and want to be diapered 24/7; but then seemingly out of nowhere the desire and interest disappears, and you may even feel like all desire is gone permanently?

But then a few days or weeks later its back full force and you are happier than ever in your diaper? Repeat....Repeat....Repeat....

I'm learning to adjust and just "tuck diapers away";

So... I am wondering if anyone else lives this way? What is your frequency like? (How long diapered, how long tucked away?)

It happens to me, but I know exactly why the desire leaves. Whenever I have sex or masturbate, the desires to wear go away for a few days and sometimes up to a week. The thought of a diaper seems disgusting during that “recharge” time. Then, as always, the desire comes back and all is well.

Reactions: Zoran and intfusmil
It happens to me sometimes. When it does, it’s only when I really feel little or when I have a strong emotional link with my actual childhood or childhood in general. Then I am far less willing to wear diapers. It lasts for a few days and then I’m back to diapers as usual. It’s funny you opened this thread because I actually am in such a phase right now.

The last time was two years ago. On Reddit I learned about the DaddyOFive case in which a 9 year old boy was abused (it was known already but not by the general public) at the moment it went known worldwide. It somehow reminded me of my own childhood and was unable to wear diapers for a few days. Not that I was abused as a child but I was so sad for the boy.

I said that I was in this sort of phase right now. It started unexpectedly by watching children movies (the whole Diary of a Wimpy Kid series) and I nearly instantly wanted to be 12 again. Since Tuesday I can’t wear diapers during the day, just at night. This baffled me and it made me create this thread.

Last edited:
Summer fades just because of the heat and inability to change often (I public change when I'm in between job sites and tuck a fresh diaper on the inside of my jacket walking into local restrooms - jacket presence is gone during summer months)

Other instances is after I'm on an unsupervised long binge - wife out of town, or I'm out of town for work. Just got back from a two night hotel stay and evening bar trips, the goal was to soak as many as possible.

And, honestly any time I am occupied to the point that I know I can't. Whether it's work or life, sort of keeps the urge away.

Usually, post-masturbation...I loose interest in diapers entirely. It can stay like that for anything between ten minutes to hours or days.

This happens to me, too. Sometimes it's correlated to actually enjoying being an adult but most of the time it's just sort of an overall "meh" feeling toward diapers and other little things for a while.

For me, wearing diapers by choice, and over time, requires a suspension of living by what society expects. My behaviors that seem ok, albeit weird, to me, would creep out anyone in my circle of friends, family and acquaintances if they knew about it. I would likely be completely ejected from their social circle. While keeping it a secret allows me to insulate myself from these judgments, that insulation is never absolute. From time to time, I
experience an acute shame and disbelief that I have chosen this path for myself. I wish I had better solutions. I know that I will get bored with it again, and am waiting for this shift so I can get on with more productive activities.

For me it is not so much play. It is not even like a kinky lifestyle that would probably be more adaptive. It is the way I deal with my loneliness and isolation. It is the way that I deal with the abandonment by the people who should be there for me. I know this sounds wierd, but for me, it is a kind of friend. I live alone. It anchors me through the day, and experiencing it and managing it all takes a good amount of time. It anesthetizes me from some of my sad feelings, and gives me a feeling of comfort and the feeling that I am not abandoned. While it doesn't make me happy, there are moments when it feels like an escape or relief. That's got to be good enough for now. When it doesn't work, maybe I will do something different. Does anyone else feel this way?

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 20009
For most ABs (and, I presume, DLs) orgasm produces a 'hard crash' which interrupts the need to be 'babied' or the desire for diapers for a period of time ranging from several hours to several days. This isn't my own discovery; I credit Michael and Rosalie Bent.

I think most of us experience an ebb and flow of desire to wear, and the triggers are probably different for each individual.

I'm a lifelong AB, and I can go for a few weeks without wearing, but the impact on my overall mood and disposition isn't pleasant. People close to me notice I'm more edgy, irritable and unsociable.

I think how a DL responds to diapers probably predicts how or he she will respond without them. If diapers are an essential element of your life, going without for long periods of time is bound to produce effects in other areas. If wearing diapers is only an occasional hobby, on the other hand, I imagine going without them for extended periods of time might produce a minor effect or have no impact at all.

The desire is almost always there for me. It operates at a low level a lot of the time. Under the right conditions, it can easily flare up or it can just feel like it's too much effort.

Once upon a time, I'd lose interest after a climax but these days, it makes very little difference.

neophyte said:
So... I am wondering if anyone else lives this way? What is your frequency like? (How long diapered, how long tucked away?)

Absolutely, yes. I go through phases in which I wear nearly every night, usually for several weeks at a stretch. Then there are long stretches — several months — during which the desire for diapers only comes occasionally, if at all.

Just to complicate things though, I also have sporadic issues with urge incontinence, generally associated with periods of high stress / anxiety. So, there are times that I have to wear diapers but don't want to, and other times when it just happens that I have to wear them and want to, and other times when it's just for comfort / desire. I've also gone for as long as 3 months or so at a stretch without either want or need of them.

But, like yourself, I've never gone through a "purge cycle" per se. They just get stored away in the closet for awhile.

I don't feel that I really go through a binge purge period, I just enjoy being in a diaper, but equally, I can be out of a diaper for extended periods of time without really thinking too much about, I don't sudden get anxious or distressed.

I guess for me, it's almost like a preferred type of underwear, but equally, I do like ones with proper designs, like ABDL diapers or goodnites.

I am a casual wearer. I am never turned off by the idea. Some nights I am just not feeling it.

When I have had a Big, after climaxing during a "special" diaper change, the last thing in the world I want is to be rediapered. Being diapered when I really don't want to be diapered scratches and itch for me.

Like others have said, I consider this a normal occurrence.

I have never done a purge due to thinking this is weird and I shouldn't do it but I have gone months without wearing and at other times wear almost 24/7.

Back in my teens I did the big binge and purge thing. I could go weeks without diapers without it really bothering me, then all of a sudden it was time for diapers and nothing else lol

Did probably 5 years like that, then things leveled off. Even now after wearing for over 15 years ill Wake up sometimes and take off my night diaper and throw on boxers and it doesn’t bother me, but I do usually prefer to be diapered

PaddedInPuyallup said:
It happens to me, but I know exactly why the desire leaves. Whenever I have sex or masturbate, the desires to wear go away for a few days and sometimes up to a week. The thought of a diaper seems disgusting during that “recharge” time. Then, as always, the desire comes back and all is well.

You're exactly like me, but sometimes I may have the desire back a few hours after I've masturbated, and sometimes I need a break of up to a 3-4 days or sometimes even a week of where I don't even think about wearing and find myself disturbed because the fact I like diapers and being a baby/toddler.

For me the urge just comes and goes. I wore pretty much all day Wednesday and then i got out of a diaper, cleaned up and ran an errand and i was done for Thursday... today is Friday and my plan is to wear as much as i can today... but who knows.

neophyte said:
I am familiar with binge/purge but wanted to start a topic specifically on the sudden loss of interest. I am still somewhat new to DL, having only discovered ABDL diapers this January (store brand never interested me).

Does anyone else have days or weeks where they absolutely love being diapered and want to be diapered 24/7; but then seemingly out of nowhere the desire and interest disappears, and you may even feel like all desire is gone permanently?

But then a few days or weeks later its back full force and you are happier than ever in your diaper? Repeat....Repeat....Repeat....

That is my cycle. Right now I am bored to death. I have a 20 diaper stash and no desire to wear.

neophyte said:

I think it's simpler, if you are not completely ok with wear or use Diaper some time you want to totally stop to have Diaper because you think is not a normal thing, ECT, but because wear or use Diaper is something inside of you and you can't control it, you will always go back to Diaper.

Basically is a non acceptation of yourself.

Last edited:
In 2007 the urge got so intense I wasn't able to stand it anymore. That's the first time i bought some diapers. After that I was confused and wondering what tha heck i was doing. So i went in a denial mode for 10 years! Before I could not stand the urge anymore again.

Today I have accepeted that im a DL. After beeing without diaper for so long I dont have alot of periods where I dont want to wear. Only exeption is as most others here say: after sex or mastrubation. For me its only a few hours after that i dont want to wear.

Back