do you get "smells" down under.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
I myself suffer from bladder leakage, have for a long time, i usually just wear diapers to deal with the dripping.

Anyways, when I'm not diapered, I notice I get this terrible smell down under, reason this is in the incontinence section, is it's caused by my bladder leakage.

I leak every time I pee, and it's not like a drip, I often drip for like an hour, and eventually it dries up, and throughout the day I notice this terrible smell down there.

Other then wearing diapers, is there anything I could do to deal with this? I find that male incontinence pads work quite well, but since I'm cheap, I just bought 80 low end diapers for $50 bucks. holds 1900ML.

So in a instance like this, would I just be better of diapered for the long term, I cannot deal with this dripping nonsense every time I go widdle.

I should add, coffee in itself makes the dripping a lot worse, the more coffee I drink, the larger the patch ends up being (I'm not even kidding here) no clue why either. It drives me mental as it's not something I can really control, and I try my hardest to squeeze, but it still ends up coming out anyway. either standing up or sitting. could even happen an hour or so after the first drip.

I think ultimately it's your choice whether you go diapered long-term. It seems like an unusual situation.

Shybug said:
I myself suffer from bladder leakage, have for a long time, i usually just wear diapers to deal with the dripping.

Anyways, when I'm not diapered, I notice I get this terrible smell down under, reason this is in the incontinence section, is it's caused by my bladder leakage.

I leak every time I pee, and it's not like a drip, I often drip for like an hour, and eventually it dries up, and throughout the day I notice this terrible smell down there.

Other then wearing diapers, is there anything I could do to deal with this? I find that male incontinence pads work quite well, but since I'm cheap, I just bought 80 low end diapers for $50 bucks. holds 1900ML.

So in a instance like this, would I just be better of diapered for the long term, I cannot deal with this dripping nonsense every time I go widdle.

I should add, coffee in itself makes the dripping a lot worse, the more coffee I drink, the larger the patch ends up being (I'm not even kidding here) no clue why either. It drives me mental as it's not something I can really control, and I try my hardest to squeeze, but it still ends up coming out anyway. either standing up or sitting. could even happen an hour or so after the first drip.
Your symptoms sound just like mine were when my incontinence first started. I switched to nappies or large shaped pads all the time and life was much better. I still drip, dribble and sometimes have a very light stream that won't stop most of the time. I wet heavily at night and always wear a nappy at night. I have got used to being incontinent now and just live with it.

pee comes out sterile, but it's the perfect environment for bacteria to grow once it's outside the body (warm, wet).

I'm not sure I understand your question though. If you leak enough urine that you smell, you need to wear protection. If male pads work they use them. If you'd rather wear diapers, for whatever reason practical or desire, then wear them. I'd just accept my need for some kind of protection and go with what works best for my lifestyle and needs.

"Dripping" incon usually doesn't require diaper. "guards" or pads or depend pullups are usually adequate. When incon gets to gushing, squirting, flooding, then diapers are the way to go. That said, there's really no such thing as wearing too much protection so it's just a personal choice and comfort thing.

But dripping after urinating is something you really should see a doctor about if you havent' already. It's a sign of prostate problems (among other things) and it's best to at least rule out serious causes.

When my incon started I put off seeing a doctor for months. I even made an appointment for an annual physical that I'd skipped for 3 years just to tell my doctor about my bedwetting and urgency and leaks but ended up not even telling him out of embarrassment. A few months later I finally mustered up the nerve to call a urologist and get checked out. It was embarrassing but worth it to confirm I didn't have bladder cancer or prostate cancer. Ended up just being OAB.

You might also be dehydrated. If you're urine is yellow, or a worse dark yellow, then it will smell much worse too. Make sure you're taking in enough water for it to be clear or mostly clear with a yellow tint, and your pee won't smell much at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back