Do you feel more Little when you're sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatieBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I'm sick right now (just a cold, nothing major) and I notice that I feel younger than usual. I find myself wanting my baby things more intensely/more frequently than usual. (Of course, the problem there being that with a stuffy nose, a pacifier or bottle is out of the question.)

Does anyone else feel smaller when sick?

LittleMattyMoo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I'm definitely one of those who feels little when I'm ill. In fact a couple of months ago I had a bug and was in bed for a couple of days and I obviously wasn't thinking straight because I decided I wanted my dummy. Fortunately neither of my parents came in my room for the 4 or 5 hours I spent in the afternoon in and out of consciousness. I do remember not caring if I was seen at the time but I am so glad now that I wasn't. Pheeeeew.....

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
If anything, it's less so when I'm sick. I think it's enough work just existing when I'm sick and I'm not looking to increase my enjoyment but just get by. That's one of my tells for getting better is that my interest starts increasing.

wyatt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I want my baby stuff more when I'm not feeling good.I always want my blankey and my stuffed giraffe

LilCoyote

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I've been home sick with the flu for the past week and I've been cuddling more with my plushies. I've wanted my pacifier but in the early days it was out of the question. Back to work tomorrow, so I'll be missing my cuddles during the day.

KatieBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I've been home sick with the flu for the past week and I've been cuddling more with my plushies. I've wanted my pacifier but in the early days it was out of the question. Back to work tomorrow, so I'll be missing my cuddles during the day.

I totally get the need for a paci. I usually sleep with mine, but I'm just too stuffy for it. :( Cuddling more with plushies is a good idea to make up for it, though!

pinksmart

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
Feel better soon, KatieBear and 11hinzvic! :bedtime:

I feel littler when I'm sick, too. I usually just make a blanket burrito and cuddle with my stuffed animals until it all goes away.

M

Marka

I'm sick right now (just a cold, nothing major) and I notice that I feel younger than usual. I find myself wanting my baby things more intensely/more frequently than usual. (Of course, the problem there being that with a stuffy nose, a pacifier or bottle is out of the question.)

Does anyone else feel smaller when sick?

*brings KatieBear and others some hot herbal broth*

Little, LG in particular...isn't a go to space, but a come from place for me ...it's really always with me.

When I'm really tired or sick, I just get very inert...I don't tend to feel small as much as rather nondescript...

I could see choosing my Princess footies, over the snowmen one for a bit of cheer though... :chin::cloud9:

Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon!
-Marka

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm afraid I'm more like Trevor and Marka when I get sick. I just want to sleep it out and get over it. I will sleep with my plushies, however, hugging my big teddy bear.

Littledaimon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
No, I got annoyed easily when I am sick, I don't know why but as some of you said I just want to get over the illness. It's like a switch. On hold until I feel better.

caitianx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I myself will regress more intensely when not feeling well. It seems rather natural for me to do so. But, I have to reign myself in to stay connected with my adult side, even when I am not functioning ok.

ozbub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I guess I can feel quite little at both ends of the spectrum. But when I am tired or sick I can become rather introverted and clingy... definitely looking for my teddy. Conversely, when I am really well and happy I can just as easily find myself disappearing into little space.

I'm probably least likely to regress when things are just ticking along.

CuriousOne

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Other
Just got over a good long sickness. I definately feel more little when sick. Sadly though, with no diapers and paci, due to congestion. But i cuddled plenty with stuffed animal.

R

RainbowShy

Considering I haven't gotten sick much since I was around four or five, I'd have to say to some extent, yes. It makes me feel like I'm four or five again. Though, it depends on how sick I am. THe worst I ever get sick is having allergies, and that's not much at all. I can't really say for sure what I feel like at the time. I know growing up and being sick, my parents couldn't even touch me without me screaming at them.

gigglemuffinz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I just feel miserable when I'm sick, but I've been told I act more Little and people seem to treat me "Littler" when I'm sick. I just am a whiny and fussy person even as an 'adult' most likely.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
Don't know if I'd call it feeling more little, but when I'm sick I still crave the same foods I did as a child. Usually that was a bowl of Lipton chicken noodle soup, the kind that comes in a box you mix into boiling water, with some oyster crackers in it, along with a hot cup of Lipton tea. I've been down with a head cold the past week and that was the first thing I wanted to have. Just as warm and soothing when I'm sick now as it was over 50 years ago. :)

~Pramrider

Frogsy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I have noticed that with me, as well. Also, with my caretaker side, my first instinct on seeing a sick person is to kind of baby them. If that person is a non-AB I'd be way more subtle about things, just being extra nice, comforting, and helpful. But if it were my (LG) boyfriend for example, I think I'd want to mommy him quite seriously, in my caretaker role, until he started feeling better!

BabyToddler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I don't like being sick at all. I just feel awful and want to sleep most of the time. I have to say yes I do feel little when I am sick. At home I am diapered all day and all night too. I want my blanket and snuggle up with my plushly. I usually watch Winnie the Pooh movies and fall asleep fast. I eat mostly soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Sometimes I will eat some crackers too. I also like to drink fruit punch too.

jayjay213

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
i feel litteler when im sick, definitely i remember being really young and always catching something so strangely theres comforting memories associated with being under the weather for me. i get a real need for my dummy and to cuddle up to stuffed animals. cartoons always help too.

koda42

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Funny. I wanted to open the same thread :)
Well, around this time of the year, it's not surprising with the number of sick people.

I am a bit sick at the moment, not just a cold, I got an Infectious mononucleosis (don't google it! especially images). It's a pretty bad form of Tonsillitis with high fever and body ache.
And feeling so down, I just don't want to indulge my AB side.

First, I'm at the limit of deshydratation, so wasting diaper is a no-no, changing would be a burden (hell, I made my bed in 30 minutes and it felt like I did a marathon). I don't even feel like hugging my plushies at night because I'm so hot, that's not comfortable. and most of all, I just don't want to.
I'm in a state when I don't really want anything except feeling better.

But, it higly depends on the sickness I have, if it's not too bad, I think I would appreciate to be babied, like someone feeding me chicken soup or alphabet pasta in warm milk.

But, at the moment, I feel more like "leave me alone to die!"

Status
Not open for further replies.