Do you feel addicted to nappies?

Fox34

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Lately I’ve been thinking if I’m kind of “addicted” to nappies. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I can’t live without them but if I don’t have any, they’re on my mind pretty much all the time. Do you know that feeling? :)

Reactions: RedPandaDL and BobbiSueEllen
I’m definitely addicted to nappies. Couldn’t imagine not being able to wear 1 every night. After all Iv made myself become a bed wetter just to be in nappies every night.

Reactions: blowydiaper and BobbiSueEllen
I would definitely consider it an addiction. It replaces something in my life that I have never fully understood. When I was younger I had other addictions which I knew were harmful and irresponsible but I never felt that wearing diapers was this way.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I would say that I'm addicted to diapers. It kinda embarrasses me to think about it, yet it's not dangerous like smoking, drinking, doing drugs, etc... So that part makes me happy that I'm addicted to diapers.

Reactions: SoFloDL and blowydiaper
No, definitely not. I have been able to go months and years without wearing where circumstances haven’t really allowed for it (or just because I haven’t wanted to) and I didn’t particularly miss diapers. When I’m abstaining I mostly don’t think about them; I might get an urge occasionally but I don’t feel a desperate need to respond to it and the urges pass fairly quickly, they don’t play on my mind or become intrusive thoughts. If I had good reason to give them up then I think I could do so relatively easily, I would miss them at times certainly but I don’t think it would be too bad. The diapers are comforting, they help me relax and they satisfy some sort of need but I’d say they’re a habit at the moment rather than an addiction. If necessary I think I could fulfil that need in another way and that the urges aren’t strong or persistent enough to be an addiction.

Last edited:
Reactions: LainIsLain and BobbiSueEllen
I worry about becoming addicted to diapers as I think about them all the time and look forward to when I can wear them. I’m controlling how often I wear - four or five nights a week, partially to convince myself I can keep it in check and also to keep the cost down.
But I do love wearing them.

i know that i am not addicted. diapers dont contribute to my sense of self (they are just underwear!), and they dont disrupt my everyday life in the slightest. its like any other coping method i guess. it only works in moderation...

Wis2020ABDL said:
I think maybe the term “addiction” is the wrong one. An addiction is defined as a psychological and physical inability to stop consuming a chemical, drug, activity, or substance, even though it is causing psychological and physical harm. Wearing a diaper is HIGHLY unlikely to do that. Perhaps obsession is a better choice. Based on the responses, have all have a greater or lesser obsession with diapers.

i agree with this very heavily!

I definitely agree that it's more of an obsession than an addiction.
If I'm out with friends, some event, or whatever, I'm not going to be thinking about diapers.
I keep my urge at home.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and mommysgirlthing
I've worn diapers every night for several months I dont know anymore if I'm wetting at night or not. I have anxiety when i run low.

My brother and I use the term "compulsion", which refers to a persisting tendency to want to wear diapers. This is different than an "addiction" where one cannot go without.

Reactions: BigBlueBear, mommysgirlthing, RedPandaDL and 4 others
Yes, I definitely would call it an addiction. Or at least a compulsion. I have gone a year plus 24/7 and it definitely got less...desperate?

But whenever I am enduring life stress and haven't worn in a while, it starts with perusing ABDL tumblrs for a week or two, then being active on Reddit, then progressing to full-on, every-night diaper dreams and looking up prices late at night. This urge comes from nowhere. I'm not even in the mindset like "Oh, I'd like to wear" when this pattern starts. Matter of fact, nowadays I get really content with an unpadded life -- being as physically active as I am. I purposefully wear about 18-24/5 now because I realized that I just don't do good without diapers. I guess you can say I have entirely given in to the addiction. I could not rid myself of it, so I learned to let it coexist in my life in a *healthy* way (I can't stress that enough, it was so unhealthy for so long)
TL;DR- It IS an addiction, but as long as it stays healthy, and you're still tending your other gardens, then it's a pretty great one to have as far as addictions go.

I'm addicted to I think, diapered every night and most of the day time during the weekend or when working from home, also have really into being a little for the past few months, my little side has been encouraged by my fiancée to, so there really hasn't been a downside to anything yet.

No...I don't have an addictive personality, and can go quite some time without wearing

pdiapered said:
I've worn diapers every night for several months I dont know anymore if I'm wetting at night or not. I have anxiety when i run low.
I don't get anxiety when I run low, but I do not wish to have no diapers available when I'm at home. This is not because I feel addicted, it's because knowing that I have diapers I can wear is important for me as a fetishist. Because as much as having boundaries is important, leaving room for your fetish is also healthy. It keeps it in check.

"My diapers. That I wear. For me." That's an important thing for me as a DL.

Last edited:
Reactions: PetPuppyAlex and Lyokodl
I don't think it's an addiction because we wouldn't say that non-diaper wearers/users are "addicted to using the toilet." Or are "addicted to toilet paper." It's not a choice for some to need diapers, and for the others who don't need them, but still wear and use them, it is a preference to using the toilet.

messydiaper said:
I don't think it's an addiction because we wouldn't say that non-diaper wearers/users are "addicted to using the toilet." Or are "addicted to toilet paper." It's not a choice for some to need diapers, and for the others who don't need them, but still wear and use them, it is a preference to using the toilet.
You can be addicted to diapers. You can have a spending problem, a hording problem, experience overwhelming emotions when you do not wear them. If that's the case then I'd say you are feeding a type of addiction. Like you can enjoy craft beer and be a beer nerd and not have a drinking problem.

As for the comparison to toilets, diapers are more than a toilet replacement. They are about form as well as function and they are a social and psychological statement to one's self.

Last edited:
Reactions: messydiaper
Yes, I am always looking at ADISC, TUMBLR, and adult diaper markets online even though I dont really buy them til I really want some.

Back