do you ever wonder how many individuals around you are DLs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistyrain

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am always wondering how far away I am from the nearest diaper lover. I feel like I am the only one for miles but that can't really be true can it? I just wish I could meet someone like me in real life that I could actually be friends with.

Scaramouche

Lover of Life, Singer of Songs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Yup! One of my bosses sits down to pee and I wonder if there's a Depends involved. ;)

In one of my first posts a few months ago, I told the story of how I was at Wally Mart looking at adult diapers and when I turned around, a semi-attractive lady was looking at me and then quickly turned her head when I saw her. I wondered about her.

Beloney

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I agree. I've often thought of going to a munch to meet folks like me, but then I don't want to be around a lot of people all at once. It would be nice to meet a person here and there.

I am always wondering how far away I am from the nearest diaper lover. I feel like I am the only one for miles but that can't really be true can it? I just wish I could meet someone like me in real life that I could actually be friends with.

PaddedInEastvale

Straight Diaper Lover
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I do all the time. Whenever I walk in a crowd of people, I tend to look at peoples behinds to see if I can see any trace of a diaper....or maybe catch a glimpse of one peeking out the top of their shorts when they bend over to pick something up. I don't just stand there and stare, but I discretely cast a quick glare. Wow...now that I put that in writing, I kind of sound like a perv staring at peoples butts. Lol.

However, I did walk into a local ABDL store just yesterday for the first time and it was great talking to the owners that I know are just like me. There was no guessing or wondering at all.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Nope. Never. It never crosses my mind to think about it.

C

CrinklySiren

I do all the time. Whenever I walk in a crowd of people, I tend to look at peoples behinds to see if I can see any trace of a diaper....or maybe catch a glimpse of one peeking out the top of their shorts when they bend over to pick something up. I don't just stand there and stare, but I discretely cast a quick glare. Wow...now that I put that in writing, I kind of sound like a perv staring at peoples butts. Lol.

However, I did walk into a local ABDL store just yesterday for the first time and it was great talking to the owners that I know are just like me. There was no guessing or wondering at all.

Where did you find an ABDL store?!

As per the post - Often times i'll look around and see how people are acting to see if i can spot other Littles or ABDLs, they're usually easier to spot than pure DL's because DL's don't usually act like children :p at least not in my experience.

PaddedInEastvale

Straight Diaper Lover
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Where did you find an ABDL store?!

Well I honestly just found out about it from another site about a week ago. It is in the city of Walnut, CA which is 10 minutes from where I work. Its a small store, but it has premium diapers, pacifiers, clothes, etc. I am strictly DL so I was only interested in the diapers and did t really look at the other stuff.

boroughbaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I know a ab/dl who lives just a few roads away from me,how cool is that ,we found each other on another adult baby forum and we have met each other a couple of times to exchange notes and ideas on us both being infantalists.I do hope that a lot more people can meet,I will be meeting up with a sissy baby soon and I'm really look forward to that they live about 1 hour drive from me

lilkayden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
There are actually quite a few ab/dl's around me but I'm too shy to meet them in person or go to a munch. Also a lot of them around me are kinda out of my age range.

boydiaperboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am the same as lilaznboy... as I live in a major UK city I know there are a few- I have seen personal ADS and the like online, but at least at this stage I would never have the guts to contact them/go meet them...

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
With all the stores that sell adult diapers in my area I sometimes wonder out of the monthly sales totals how many are actually DL's. Also The amount of sales in the larger sizes
of baby diapers. I know CVS and Wallgreens have fairly long asiles of both products. There also sold in the supermarkets as well as Wal Mart and Target.

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I wonder occasionally if any of my friends are AB/DLs, but it's fairly unlikely, I reckon.

I live in the middle of a small village in the middle of nowhere and someone had dropped a single unused (but unfolded) plastic-backed Attends in a nearby subway. You have to walk quite a long way to get to the to it from anywhere -- it goes under a dual-carriageway so you can't just park your car anywhere nearby. I suppose an incontinent person could have dropped it, but I always wondered why there... and whether some litter-happy AB/DL was at work...

But yeah... I wonder how close the nearest AB/DL is... imagine I must have talked to a few AB/DLs without either of us knowing about the other!

DownsideWave

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
To be honest I haven't really thought about it before, and try to only think about diapers in private. But your post has peaked my interest, and while I don't want to go around stealing glances at people's butts, I might keep an eye out.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
This thought has occurred to me; it's really interesting actually

aviationchild

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
As a student, I often wonder how many ABDLs are on my campus. I have a few people that I suspect, but I wouldn't just randomly walk up to them and ask. Then again, acting "little" seems to be acceptable in college, I guess as a final way to extend childhood before you have to start paying the bills.

TeddyBearCowboy

A real-life, genuine teddy bear cowboy...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little

Mistyrain,

You are not alone in your thoughts. However, based on my own experience, I think that there are more around than you might think. The world of ADISC and other AB/DL sites only contain posts from those who have ventured there and have gotten the courage to join or say something in the forums or chat. There are likely multiple times more of individuals who either do not search these sites, not join, or otherwise let others know of them.

I have had at least three occasions when I suspected others of being a DL, but I didn't say anything to them because I was too concerned about hiding my own interest. On one occasion, I actually was sharing the rent on a house with a few others. Each of us had our own rooms and so it wasn't exactly like having a roommate. Anyhow, when taking out the trash, I saw some adult diapers (that weren't mine) and then later came across a very babyish cloth diaper holder when I was taking care of one house-mate's dog while he was on vacation. However, I never approached him about it. . .again, because as much as I would like to speak in person with a friend who was also DL, I wasn't willing to give away my own secret interest.

So, while being ab/dl is an uncommon interest, perhaps it is not quite as uncommon as one might think. My guess is that if the truth were known, you probably do know someone else, perhaps even a friend who might have this interest. But because of the stigma surrounding it, most are too embarrassed to make themselves known. Maybe they might even suspect you are ab/dl, but don't want to approach you as they don't want to let themselves be known.

Just a thought . . .

dsmbaby

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I live in eastern Washington I wonder as well. I sometimes think I wonder what she would look like in a diaper. One day I would like to meet a women that is in to diapers as well or maybe just likes to diaper me. Probably will be just a fantasy for the rest of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.