Do you ever wish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
Do you ever wish you were normal? I just can't conform even if I try. I know it's great that I am my own person and all but I just wish I could be normal it would be so much easier. I dunno I've just been a little depressed recently and I haven't been this low since I had bad side effects from adderal. I know I'll be fine but I figured I would tell you guys in because people here are very understanding and helpful. I know most people think its hard to ask for help but I know I need advice and I was wondering if anybody had some advice or something useful to say about my being different and how they got through the hard times.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I have before but now I just roll with anything that comes along, or I try to.
<_>

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Do you know how much of an arrogant, narrow-minded asshole I would be if I wasn't a TB? Yeah, you don't. You don't know what it would be like if you were normal. Be careful what you pay for.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm not sure that I know what "normal" is. My dishwasher has a button on it that says normal, but other than that I really don't know. It's my feeling that our little quirks are what make us human and help us define our individuality. Be glad that you are who you are. If what you do is not harmful to yourself or others, then I wouldn't worry.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Being normal is but a figment of your imagination

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I hated being teased in elementary school and almost made some terrible mistakes because of it - but it made me stronger! I was able to become a stronger person for junior high, and high school...and ended up enjoying those years.

Sometimes I hate this whole ABDL/anime/furry(sort of) interest I have...but then I wouldn't have found this site, and you guys....and you make me happy.

Some days I wish I was normal. Some days I wish I could go out and have a girlfriend and have regular old relationships that I can be open about. No lies... (this site is where I'm the most open about everything ...what's sad is the people who know the most about me are people I don't even know in real life!).

Then I look at everyone else who is 'normal' and realize that normal is probably overrated. They have lies too. Yes, it would be easier..but being different makes us stronger and (in my opinion) more interesting and well-rounded individuals.

As for depression... it can be very tough, but just remember when it happens - this isn't you! It doesn't seem like things can get better, but they can and will! When you're depressed your mind isn't thinking straight and the best advice I can give is to remember that. Remember that you will feel better :)

Bambusa

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Few people meet the overall definition of 'normal.' Being entirely normal is very abnormal. And did I mention incredibly boring and uninteresting???

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Feh, who needs conformity? I don't.

I don't even want to be popular, As I operate
better from the back of the crowd.

I really don't like the scrunity of everyone
that is associated with popularity.

T00L

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Being normal is way over rated. I think that now that i'm pretty much done with my teenage years for the most part I would say being "different" whether you consider that being an *B/DL growing up or just not being one of the cool kids that it has made me a much more open minded and tolerant person now that i'm an adult and i've made plenty of wonderful friends and had alot of great experiences because of it. Basically what I think i'm trying to say is we all went through our really tough times growing up and its hard I know I know there were nights where I would just cry myself to sleep wishing I could just be normal but I can tell you it does get better. I can promise you that.

B

Butterfly Mage

I gave up on "normal" years ago, heh heh. The abuse survivor, dissociative, gay attributes pretty much precluded "normal" as an option for me. I set my sights on "functional" and "happy", which I'm pleased to say thay I am.

Last edited by a moderator:

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I've got to go with Butterfly Mage here. There were plenty of times I cried myself to sleep when I was college age, and even tried to end it all. It wasn't just the diapers, but mostly relationships that I knew I could never fully pursue. But like Butterfly Mage said, I sought functional and happy, found my wife, started my family and the rest was history. I'm quite glad I'm not normal, because the normals are usually stupid rednecks here in Virginia. You don't want to be like them. They are really quite self destructive as they smoke, drink, womanize, and probably are no happier than anyone else. Celebrate who you are.

Remember that you control your own destiny. If you are unhappy about the things that can be changed, then work out a plan that will bring that about. I wanted a normal family life, and I was able to achieve it, even though I lead a very different life in college. I wish you the best and good luck.

Babylou

Banned
Role
Private
In my opinion, (and this is my first post mind you), the concept of what is normal is simply a guide line under which we attempt to classify mass behaviour. So, what is normal of a certain group of people, perhaps will be abnormal to another distinct social group. For instance, one might say that "Eating every night" is normal on a global scale, but espouse oneself with the idea that much of the world lives in poverty and we can see our concept of normality is actually somewhat of an abnormality.

Extending this concept further. For instance, in Western society many of the practices followed here would be considered "abnormal" as they refuse to conform to seemingly simple roles within society. Does that mean they are wrong? Perhaps. Now, in the global society, adhering to "fetishes" is abnormal. However, in this forum your actions are by far normal.

For me on a personal note, I do not strive to be "normal". We must learn that it is merely a group collection of a stereotype. However, if ones abnormality is causing distress it might manifest into a mental disorder.

My two cents. Hope you liked it.

Jon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Being normal is having things about you that make you unique, or who you are. It's actually abnormal to be a conformist, since the diversity of people and their personalities is about the only natural thing.

PeeDiapers

Banned
I thought I was abnormal to like baby items, such as the diapers, pacifiers, bottles, ect. But its common, I mean look at all the people on this site. You're as normal as a fairy. Nobody is normal, because what is normal?

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I know exactly what you mean. I thought about that a lot more when I was younger. There is a lot more to life than this interest though and I cannot be fit into any "normal" slot in any part of my life, so this interest just adds to my uniqueness. I personally find a lot of inspiration in my family moto, only found out what it was when I was 30, which is " follow me ". To be at the front, leading others does not call for conforming to others beliefs on what is normal. It's about being yourself, as a productive, helpful, caring individual who can be trusted and counted on for an informed, caring opinion.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
You are normal, you are normal for you, if the world was filled with people who all did the same things every day of there life, this would be a boreing and terrible place to live.

Everyone in the wold is different, some are simalar in tastes, but everyone is an individual, it's true what we do is looked on by some as not being normal, but it is normal for us.

Be happy to be who you are, just remember there is no one else in the world exactly like you, and what makes you you, is the special part.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
In my eyes normal doesn't exist. I am sure everyone has some things they keep to themselves, and I read of recent research which proves that. (don't have a link as I read it in a Dutch assignment but it exists I checked that.)

I accepted this part of me long before I even started getting back my self worth. It's been the thing that got me through that period.

So: no, I don't, it's a part of me I don't mind in the least.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
What is your definition of "normal"? In my book, there isn't one. I am who I am, no one can change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.