Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclectic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
For those that have been in a long-term career or have developed a particular skill set, do you consider yourself successful? Have you gained popularity, financial profit or distinction among your peers? Are you known for anything?

I'm hoping people will respond to this truthfully so the considerable number of young people on this site can realize two things. 1) If you work hard at something, you will eventually become successful at it and, 2) You can be successful while wearing diapers and/or having ABDL interests as long as you don't let it consume you.

Now I know this thread invites fakers and boasters. Also, if you are successful, you might not want to reveal what it is that you do. Fair enough. I know I don't. So I'm just going to say that I am successful and looked up to by many people in my field. In other words, I'm considered an "expert." And, I've worn diapers off and on, from as little as 3 times a month to 24/7 for my entire 49 years on this planet. It can be done.

How about you?

I would call myself successful. I have a desirable job in a very desirable location. I've obtained a bachelor's degree and many professional certifications. I've been promoted three times during my 16 year tenure with my organization. There are a number of other certifications that I'll obtain over the next few years. If things work out as planned, I'll be able to retire at 50 and move on to something else. I don't make a huge amount of money, but the job satisfaction is worth it. Not having a wife or kids helps the financial situation a lot. I live comfortably and can afford nice things within reason (like ABU diapers).

I'd say I've been successful as a church music director. I'm mostly retired now, working as a part time music director. The church appreciates me and I keep getting raises even though I've asked them not to give me a raise. When I first graduated from Westminster Choir College, Princeton, I became the accompanist and assistant director at the largest Methodist church in Ohio. Cleveland Orchestra Chorus rehearsed in our church choir room, and I was made the assistant accompanist to Cleveland Orchestra under the director of Dr. Robert Page.

I gave concerts all over the U. S., east of the Mississippi. It's been a good life in that regard.

I consider myself successful. I've been in my field now for 22 1/2 years, had articles that have been reprinted in books, received awards for the electronics industry, and devices I designed are on Mars. I get paid extremely well and seem to have plenty of respect from those around me. Probably the wildest bit for me that gave me an indication I was successful was when there was a career day at my daughter's middle school, and an engineer from a different electronics company was talking to the kids and asking those who had a parent in the industry and where they worked. When he got to my daughter, she told him where I worked, and he asked, "Oh, does he know [name blocked]?" "Um, yeah, that is my dad." To this day I have no clue who the person was or how he knew my name.

Spaz said:
You can be successful while wearing diapers and/or having ABDL interests as long as you don't let it consume you.

That, right there, is the kicker. Distraction kills. Wearing diapers is fun and all, but it can also get in the way. I like wearing diapers but I'd be lying if I said I've never let them distract me.

Right now, my biggest problem is that I'm really good at finding ways to waste time. It sucks. It sucks 'cause time is a limited resource and I know when I'm wasting it. I'm becoming more responsible with time but wasting it will always suck. If anyone's got advice, I'm open to listen.

Cool thread, guys, thank you for sharing. I feel like I'm too young to be neither successful nor unsuccessful. I've got a long way to go.

Last edited:
It's hard to say because "successful" is a vague term. It really depends on the context. In some ways, I consider myself successful. At other times, I feel like I have yet to really truly achieve success, but I don't like to say "I'm not successful", because then that pretty much says "I'm a failure", which I don't think I am (at least not in a healthy state of mind).

I work in the entertainment industry, which is pretty much impossible to break into. And all the work that I have done so far is unpaid intern work and freelance online work that pays very little. So some would say that I'm not successful because I do not have a stable high paying career with a reliable income. And I definitely am hoping to land a long term well paying job in the industry soon.

But I still would say I'm successful, even with only doing cheap freelance work and unpaid work. I have a Bachelors Degree, I have worked in an industry that lots of people dream of breaking into (even if it was unpaid), I have enough fans from my personal site and from Youtube that I've been recognized in public (and gotten ad revenue money from Google), I'm a self-published author (Not a best seller book by any means, but hey. People enjoyed it, and I made some money from it), and I have met some people successful people (Not famous celebrities, but they have their own IMDB pages) and have even gotten some of them to read my work.

No long-term career yet. I have been making videos on YouTube for a few years now (won't link it as I don't want anyone drawing connections), though that isn't really going anywhere.

I guess I'm doing okay. Once I finish trade school (which will take me another two and a half years though, and I won't get paid until the final year), I should be able to find a job - not that kindergarten teachers earn much, but I can live with the pay if I can make a positive impact on the lives of these children .
I just feel like I could and should be doing a lot better. At the same time, I often feel stuck.

I'd say yes. I've been at my job for 14 years, and make six figures. I've also been diapered every day since before college too.

As someone said, it's all relative, but I'm generally happy with where I'm at. Got a house, car, finances are all in order and I'm on track to retire comfortably at a reasonable age, etc. No long term relationship but honestly don't have much of an interest in one.. we have a great local kink community here and I'm having lots of fun.

Career wise I'm happy, but I'm actually kind of stuck on where to go next.. I'm a software dev and hitting the point where to advance any further (and eventually likely to stay employed) I either need to move geographically, start my own thing, or go into the full management/leadership stream.. and none of those appeal to me at all to be honest. It's a common problem in this industry though, and that I've risen high enough for it to be a concern is probably a good thing.

I really don't think the whole diaper thing really matters any more than being into bondage or hell just being into vanilla sex (I know at least one guy who could probably be way farther in life if his sole ambition wasn't picking up girls.. but then he probably has way more fun than I do). It's when it stops being part of your social / entertainment life and starts becoming the thing that defines you as a person that it can become a problem, but then as said, that's the same with everything. I think by virtue of this being a support forum we see more people who are struggling with life in general, and for some diapers are at the center of that, but overall I don't think the diapers themselves are really a barrier to career success.

When I first wrote this thread, I considered the term success and what it meant. There are many degrees of success. For me, I'm happy with my chosen profession (which is extremely competitive), make a decent income and have received accolades from colleagues on my work. The point is that success is not a means to an end. It is something that happens when you gain a talent and put a lot of hard work into it. It helps if you enjoy what you are doing. It helps you focus.

I've been successful at getting this far in life (almost 32 years) which is an opportunity not forwarded to everyone so I'd say I'm successful. My job and my skill sets I try not to let define who I am. I just live day-by-day and make each day as successful as possible no matter how big or how small.

When I'm able to get up every morning I consider that a success.

Locally, I am fairly well respected in my field.

I have let my AB/DL consume me a little too much and it's hindering me pursuing a specialty in my field that I remain interested in. I'm trying to fix the damage but for the moment, I'm at an impasse there.

My success, which isn't materially amazing, is, in part down to wearing diapers and doing something about my need to be incontinent. I was very mixed up, very negative and slack at anything that required an effort. Then I started using diapers and the effect was a positive one. I felt way more positive and confident. I started to do, and be committed to things which required effort and application and determination. I'm not saying I went from slacker to alpha male, but it did help me change to achieve a lifestyle and personal happiness that seemed out of reach.

Financially successful? I suppose. I have more money than I need for buying anything I would want for myself. Successful in life? Hardly. I still haven't figured out what the meaning of life is for me, and time is growing short.

I would say successful. A mentor of mine taught me “if you aren’t adding bullet points to your resume what are you doing?”. So, when a job starts to get repetitive I am out. I am not a consultant but I move jobs roughly every 4 years. I usually hear from 2 head hunters a month so that makes me feel like I am doing something right. I have the house, loving wife, kids, no debt except for the mortgage and I can be who I am and make it all work. Being a AB or DL doesn't/shouldn't have to impact being successful.

I was open about it at two jobs with my peers. It didn't really change anything. I think we all have this fear that being what we are somehow taints us or peoples image of us. It's not true. I think (know from my experiences) people are going to judge you WAY more on who you are as a person than what you wear under your cloths or do at home.

I would say successful doesn’t always translate into happy though.

JustaGamer said:
I would say successful. A mentor of mine taught me “if you aren’t adding bullet points to your resume what are you doing?”. So, when a job starts to get repetitive I am out. I am not a consultant but I move jobs roughly every 4 years. I usually hear from 2 head hunters a month so that makes me feel like I am doing something right. I have the house, loving wife, kids, no debt except for the mortgage and I can be who I am and make it all work. Being a AB or DL doesn't/shouldn't have to impact being successful.

I was open about it at two jobs with my peers. It didn't really change anything. I think we all have this fear that being what we are somehow taints us or peoples image of us. It's not true. I think (know from my experiences) people are going to judge you WAY more on who you are as a person than what you wear under your cloths or do at home.

I would say successful doesn’t always translate into happy though.

So what kind of jobs did you have?

Well we all start at the bottom right? High school and early college was auto work in shop, then I went on to do data entry and worked in a call center. Those were jobs... then I started what I call my career path. My education was in IT but I really came out of school hating on IT people (no offense anyone). Just so many of my class mates had this superiority complex and I liked to work with people... or so I thought. Started in Sales, hated that, became an Account Executive. Loved that but the hours... OMG...

Then I realized I like working with people but not all the time. I found myself liking project management and leading people to complete projects so I took some classes and became a PM for awhile. Found I really love educating but not documenting. Leveraging my career honed skills and now my education I found a job managing databases in a marketing department. I get to play computer geek but also create all kinds of fun and crazy reports to share out educating others. My current employer also leverages my PM skills as well to lead other projects.

My advice, do the extra work. Hear the company is putting a team together to scope out a new X,Y or Z, or change a process, review the corporate goals or mission statement... volunteer! Some department (not yours) is always getting hammered and needing help. Help, but also use your outside view to look at their processes at the 1,000 or 10,000 foot view and recommend improvements.

To many people are sour pusses who think "that's not in my job description" or "I don't get paid to do that"... Well I make more money then all of them and everyone else with a helpful and happy attitude can to. Also... Don't pay attention to the fear mongers who say the economy is bad, there are no jobs. There are always jobs. Sometimes you have to take a step back to take three or four more forward. Don't stick around a place that doesn't or can't promote. You may have the best gig and boss ever but if you want to move up sometimes you just have to make a change. Final thing I learned... Good or bad companies are loyal to themselves. Your best interests are in your hands. No matter how good a boss/the company may make you feel, don't get strung along chasing a promotion that really wont ever come.

Success is subjective. Some people considering adhering to their life's career goal as success. Some people consider owning a house by age 30 a success. Some people consider making every day unforgettable as a success.

Well, I wouldn't consider myself successful because I failed at my life's intent: which was to fly jets in the US Navy. Oddly enough, I've picked up ragtag collections of friends who all wanted to be fighter pilots such as myself, and they all come from different walks of life. Kind of convinced I am a fighter pilot, but this is one of the odd universes in a series of parallel universes where it didn't work out.

When I joined the military, my father cheered "He's the only one that made it!" Yet everything kind of fell short. Oh well. Being bitter about what could have been isn't what mature people do.

Aside from that, most of my family is kind of low-brow and plagued with addictions and disabilities. Most work odd jobs and some collect disability. I'm kind of seen as an outlier in the sense that I even have career aspirations. My parents do well, they struggle, but they're nowhere near as bad as the rest of the family is.

I worked roadside assistance for a year, which, cumulatively is about two years if you consider an 80 hour workweek in a truck adding up. I still want to involve myself with a career path of danger and risk... and grit. And you don't have to fly jets to do that. I'll settle for working on electricity poles as a lineman and working on substations. Maybe branch into engineering if the tuition water's right.

Outside of careers, I tend to leverage how well I do with how competitive I am in martial arts. Muay Thai was my niche and I moved up to regional champ tier before I could no longer afford to compete.

So I don't say no to ballsy or risky jobs so I guess that's a success point. Never fell for drugs and I have all of my teeth. Entered competitive fighting in muay thai and never struck a loss. Moved out at 17. Physically fit and not calling a Hazmat team to clear out my apartment (you're doin something right if you haven't appeared on the show "Hoarders" in your life). Plenty of materials for everyone else to brag about but personally I see myself as mediocre.

Absolutely not. I don't think there is any single thing a person could point to in my life that they could consider "successful."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back