Do you carry your diapers in the open?

lilshelly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
Ok so as I sit here writing this the thought occurs to me. 1. Do I carry my backpack in the gas station a public place and go to the bathroom? 2. Do I just grab a diaper and a couple of wipes walk in (diaper in plain sight in my hand) and go to the bathroom and change? What would you do?

Reactions: aigteo
I'd never do that. I have a drawstring bag that discreetly contains all my stuff. I think especially if you're using an AB diaper, that could especially weird out the general public, and to some it might come across as attention-seeking whether that's your intention or not, even with a medical-style diaper

Yeah see I don't know that I would carry my diaper in the open either. I am still getting used to carrying the back pack with me. I do have one advantage. I have a visible disability and I don't use anything but medical style diapers.

I'm more driven by necessity than anything else in public changes. So far, it's been most convenient to take my bag with me rather than leave it. It has all the stuff I need, so why not bring it. If in an anonymous situation, I don't think it's here or there whether it's in the bag or obvious and I don't think it matters what kind of diaper, either. I have, when getting a diaper from a friend, just carried it. In that case, it's neither an object of spectacle or something to hid, it's just a necessary item.

Reactions: lilshelly
Take your bag. That way, you don't forget anything. Don't go out of your way to hide it, either. My wheelchair is evidence of my disability, just as your diapers are. Wouldn't trying to hide my chair make me look silly? I'm thinking my new one will be tangerine metallic, so gawkers have a handsome reason to stare. All my wheelchairs are boys, and my new chair's name will be Teddy. If my chair accidentally made someone uncomfortable, that someone would have a very serious character flaw to get over. Right? I'm not saying don't be discreet. I'm saying don't bend over backwards. They certainly aren't for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 48219
I have a complete change kit in my car in a small backpack. If I need to change a wet or messy diaper, I am completely capable of doing it in just a few minutes. I never carry my supply's openly. It is nobody's business that I am going into the bathroom to change my diaper.

I am not usually out long enough (maybe 3 or 4 hours on average, and I diaper up (with a great ABDL on) before heading out) to get concerned about possibly needing to change while on the go, so most often I dont bring a bag or a change.

First time I had to was going to the airport and deciding to Diaper Up to relax more on the flight

That was a good move because I was so relaxed having a Diaper on and playing my Nintendo Switch

2nd time I was flying back and was Diapered for over 12 hours (should have taken maybe 6 hours from flying out to getting back home; but delays) , I ended up leaking twice

1st time the diaper wasnt used yet, but I didn't fluff my Diaper back out after standing up from having sat down for the full flight

2nd I was in town but not home yet, so I had wet and leaked; went inside the store with my bag and changed my diaper and clothes before heading home

Like I said I carry my backpack. It has my supplies and extra diapers and clothes in it. I keep my backpack in the car so I have it with me when I am out. I will openly carry a diaper or two from my apartment to my car. I have a diaper laying on the front seat of the car at the moment just have not put it in my backpack. That is the only time I do it.

I keep spare diapers in my backpack when I'm at work. My bag is kept in my locker in the bathroom while I'm at my station. Nobody sees them because there's a pouch on the inside.

I haven't worn a diaper long enough in public for this to be a problem so far but I would probably take my bag with me. As someone else said, my bag would have all the other items I would need to change my diaper in addition to a clean diaper.

I do both. If Im just wet I’ll typically just take the diaper and carry it to the bathroom and change. I’ve gotten over the shame of needing diapers. Regarding of whether it’s an Printed diaper or not. If I’m dirty I’ll take my bag with me for the wipes and other necessary items.

I'd totally go with the bag. I don't think the public in general is ready for this.

rocketman said:
I'd totally go with the bag. I don't think the public in general is ready for this.

What does it really matter what some people think?

They cant ban Diapers and cant take your bag away in most places (though I have heard of places having a "No Bag" Policy due to theft)

I don't even care about the public perception anyways, most people arent focusing on you or whether you wear a diaper or not anymore, they really dont care anyways

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
I'm thinking my new one will be tangerine metallic, so gawkers have a handsome reason to stare. All my wheelchairs are boys, and my new chair's name will be Teddy.

That sounds like an AWESOME chair. :D If I needed one, I would want either bright yellow (so I could decorate it with bumblebees!) or pink.

I always take my bag. That's why I have it in the first place. I keeps everything I need in one spot. I've had them searched before, even with ABDL diapers in them and no one says anything.

Heck, I took my bunny plush with me when I went to see a musical and no one said anything. (She's for anxiety comfort and boy did I need her! The theater was crowded!)

The lady who checked my bag just said they were making sure no one had any food or anything. I said "Oh, it's just a bunny and some other things I need. But no food." They've checked, once, at a movie theater I frequent. Now they don't even check me because they KNOW what's in there. LOL

I could probably smuggle an entire fried chicken in and they wouldn't check. Not that I'm gonna.

I wear everywhere I go and take my change bag everywhere I go because I've got no choice in the matter. :p

I never carry my diapers in the open. I am not that open about it. Instead I carry it in a bag. If I have to leave the stall to throw my diaper away, I try to be discreet about it. I can't help if someone decides to look in the trash to see what I threw away. I also can't help if there were no papers towels in there already.

I too hide it, either in messenger bag or backpack.
It's not just about not caring what people think, it's also about respecting eachother.
I won't expose my private things to the public and they won't bother me with it.

Walking into a gas station toilet with an adult diaper in your hand is something people don't usually do, while it's a common sight for parents about to change their child. Regardless age or situation i am opinionated to keep things in a discrete bag and take that to the bathroom.

I don't have a special bag I just put a single pull up in my purse, pack of wipes and a bag for disposal.

I do keep a spare stuff and a change of clothes In a discrete plastic bag in the trunk.

I've carried in the open albeit rolled into a balled up fist. If its jacket weather I put everything inside my jacket or a plastic bag.

The post-Boston Marathon world frowns on backpacks so be careful. It could also draw more attention and being mistaken as a thief in like a department store. I believe in being discreet but I'd try to go for something smaller.

I carry in the open, but usually it's in my Paw Patrol backpack with my supplies. Otherwise, daddy keeps stuff in the diaper bag.

If I’m someplace where it’s probable that I will see someone I know I carry it discreetly, but if I’m out of town traveling and not likely to see anyone I know I’ll just grab a diaper out of my truck and walk into the bathroom with it in my hand.

Back