Do you buy your clothes from the kids' section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peaceful

Hmmm, 6'3" and around 300 pounds. Nope, there aren't any kids that big. Although, I occasionally will go by the section to get some ideas of clothes I could buy to make a babyish outfit.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

I know. It's sooooooo not fair :thumbdown:

It is very fair

Come back and argue with me once you have a period or give birth m'kay :p

It might be possible for some to argue that the ability to be able to still buy clothes from the kids section is kind of a way to 'make up for' the fact that women have periods, go through pregnancy, and give birth.

Besides tiny, if a woman in our lives is having a difficult day, or having her period--we can walk away from them for awhile and give them space if they want it. They have to stay with themselves.

BrattyBaby28

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I'm an LG, and sometimes buy my skirts/dresses in the kids department. I'm 5'7", and only 130, and as others have said, it's cheaper.

But I do buy my normal jeans and shirts from the men's department.

angelabauer

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I am 5'3" 105 pounds with 29" hips. All the formal clothing I wear at my law office and in court is custom tailored either in Italy or here in Los Angeles. There simply is no kid clothing like this.

The frilly dresses I wear in my AB mood often were bought at shops specializing in selling confirmation dresses. On me they can be super-short, making then even more child-like. I see other adult women buying kids overalls and rompers from stores. I do not buy those because I want crotch snaps. My sister Missy makes these for us. She finds it is easier to make them from scratch rather than try altering factory-made clothing. Often the inexpensive frilly dresses need no alterations for me.

asiangal

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
OK, weird question, but humor me: anyone know if a 32" waist can fit into kids' underwear? I'd like some with characters on them (like Underoos), but they're difficult (and/or expensive) to find for adults.

As long as you buy size 18-20 they will fit, size 16 is just too tight for me I have a 31 waist.[/QUOTE]

Even kids clothes come in plus/husky sizes! I'm sure you can find your size but selection is probably slim.

PuerAeternus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I'm glad to still fit in kid's clothes, being kind of slim. So all my jeans, most of my undies, a few pajamas and t-shirts are size 16 or 18.

It's much more easy with US brands because most of them size much bigger than european ones. If I wear size 18 Petit Bateau briefs, it's really thight, a contrario, Hanes are too loose!

Gizmoman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Wow this is kind of funny, me seeing this thread. I am 5'5" tall and I wear a 32 by 28 pants. I recently found out I am a size 16 husky in Levi's so I have been buying my pants from the kids section lol. Its also a little cheaper on the wallet as well which is a good thing. Oh and they fit better.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I too still buy clothes from the kids section. I'm 5'4" and quite skinny so I get some of my clothes from H&M and gap. H&M boys jeans are really well fitting and the Gap have good shirts. Kids clothes, especially tshirts, also have cooler designs. When I wear them it makes me feel younger too!

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Based on my height I'd fit into most kids clothing if I lost weight. I'm pretty sure I could fit in the biggest kids sizes if I get myself down to the thinnest I've been when I was as tall as I am now - doing it's gonna be a bit of a job though - I have a problem with impulse buying sweets (candy) and I also don't get that much exercise beyond walking too and from my department (25-30 mins at my normal speed but still not much). I'm planning on building swimming into my routine but it'll take quite a bit of effort and a bit of luck (even with no fat on them I have massive thighs) for me to find in kids clothes.

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It is very fair

Come back and argue with me once you have a period or give birth m'kay :p

Reminds me of an argumaent a friend had with a friend of his. She said that girls had it tougher because they had periods and give birth. My frined pointed out that us men put up with them when all that's happening. I'd say it's close :smile1:

dublinbaby

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Incontinent
  6. Carer
i find it hard to shop in children stores as i am a bit over weight :(

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
Im a pretty small guy, 5' 4" close to 5' 5".

I frequently shop in kids sizes cause its cheaper, cuter (why not :p), and it actually fits me better.
For some reason trunk sizes in kids clothes tend to be longer which results in a better fit. The arms arent always long enough but... shopping around helps.

ExDLFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I'm about 5'10" or 11", and I still mostly shop in the very end of the kid's section (16-18). The biggest problem is that in the smallest adult sizes, arms are too long for me! I often end up buying kid's stuff, which fits me better LOL.

Little ollie

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I don't really do clothes shopping, but most of my t-shirts are from like when I was 14. -_-

J

Jeffy

I'm a huge fan of dressing way below my age, I'm also kinda known for it in my sociology class at college. I'm 19 and I'm a little broad-shouldered, however, most of the clothes I own are a little oversized to give the illusion that I'm smaller than I really am (even though I'm already small enough as it is) I always browse the kids section at Wal-Mart and I can easily fit into xl and xxl sized themed t-shirts (i love me them pokemon and sonic the hedgehog throwback t's) :D It's always so much fun. And i'm also a huge fan of COLORS!!! I love dressing in all different colors!
I plan on getting some custom-made over-sized (either buzz-lightyear or sonic the hegdehog themed) vel-cro shoes!

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I plan on getting some custom-made over-sized (either buzz-lightyear or sonic the hegdehog themed) vel-cro shoes!

I have a couple pairs of velcro shoes! I want to find some in all white and let my friend who's an arist paint them :)

pajamakitten

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Carer
I don't really do clothes shopping, but most of my t-shirts are from like when I was 14. -_-

Same, they still fit why buy new ones. I think I've bought only 2 pieces of clothing from the adult section (both T shirts). Other than that they're all about 2-3 years old and from the kid's section.

dangermouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
5'7", not too big a build, 150lbs. Just about everything I buy is kids stuff. It varies what fits. UK sizes often age 12-13, certainly 13-14 and above will fit. Though some age 16 stuff I find is loo long for trousers (sorry "pants" for you Americans ;)).

I find better luck with imports from US though. I know the sizes don't equate to ages exactly, but 14-16 is often a good fit, 18-20 certainly fine. Plus they do footed sleepers and overalls (what we call "dungarees"), both of which are toddler only items in the UK (though overalls are worn by women).

Aside from the desire to buy them, there's a benefit as I find mens clothes often too long in the sleeves and legs. Plus the VAT benefit in the UK :D

Do love the kids designs and colours, and not always just the obviously cute stuff. Some are quite adult design but just look way more cool.

OK, weird question, but humor me: anyone know if a 32" waist can fit into kids' underwear? I'd like some with characters on them (like Underoos), but they're difficult (and/or expensive) to find for adults.
Underoos only go to (US) size 10. That said, the t-shirts in the underoo sets are wearable. I've seen Batman and Spiderman ones sold on ebay as emo shirts. I can just about squeeze into the undies, but it's a tight squeeze :D.

Near

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Babyfur
Well, I'm over 175cm tall (~5'11), so I don't think I would fit in most of them...

diapersrulez

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Carer
Because I'm over 190cm(~6'4), so I will not fit any of those clothes. Though, if I could fit them I probably would because it whould be much cheaper.

chuckytdl

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Well, I'm actually to big for kids clothes but, I know this sounds weird but, I love to buy Gap Kids print briefs, normally two packages of each, and sew to like pairs up to fit me.

Status
Not open for further replies.