Do you bother if you start to smell

ben0510

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have found sometimes when I'm out n about I start to smell a bit of stale pee and also baby powder. It doesn't bother me, and its not a problem. I quite like it .just wondering if others have the same issue.

• Thinking
Reactions: Hemix, Jorelaxed and Diapersall81

toddler

I love wearing cloth nappies and plastic pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
YES.

Diapersall81

Peek-A-Boo
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
ben0510 said:
I have found sometimes when I'm out n about I start to smell a bit of stale pee and also baby powder. It doesn't bother me, and its not a problem. I quite like it .just wondering if others have the same issue.
I have been out and about.... to me it is a normal day to day life... I sometimes wonder being out in a store, if I get close to a woman " Mommie" if she notices.... just in my opinion...

ben0510

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm not worried about it affecting other people. I like it because it gives me a kind of satisfaction.

HappyNappin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Out and about smells don't really bother me too much, I can stand in line at Aldi with a pullup full of poo and not feel like I'm doing anything wrong.

What does bother me is how the smells cling to everything at home, clothes, bedding and upholstery over time, I've gotten very aware of lingering odours relating to my constant nappy usage over the last few years but 99% of the time I can't actually smell anything as I'm just used to it, but then I'll get a whiff of stale wee and immediately feal like I need to wash everything I've been in contact with

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: robdl15, CookieMonstah, MaxSyd and 5 others

craigd1341

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I find the smell intoxicating but it gross me out that I may get caught

Reactions: Diamond

lilbabyjooce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I hate the smell of stale urine and one of my biggest OCD obsessions is that I possibly smell, so the thought actually horrifies me. I do not want to smell for my sake and others. I also have no desire to draw any attention to my wearing when I’m in public.

Reactions: Highlander, RoseofThorns, Hoksiyopa and 10 others

Abdlchriscrinkle

Crinkly rock star!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
lilbabyjooce said:
I hate the smell of stale urine and one of my biggest OCD obsessions is that I possibly smell, so the thought actually horrifies me. I do not want to smell for my sake and others. I also have no desire to draw any attention to my wearing when I’m in public.

I fully agree with you, and approach it the exact same way. Stale urine is nasty.

Reactions: RoseofThorns and lilbabyjooce

LittleMonsterUK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
HappyNappin said:
Out and about smells don't really bother me too much, I can stand in line at Aldi with a pullup full of poo and not feel like I'm doing anything wrong.

What does bother me is how the smells cling to everything at home, clothes, bedding and upholstery over time, I've gotten very aware of lingering odours relating to my constant nappy usage over the last few years but 99% of the time I can't actually smell anything as I'm just used to it, but then I'll get a whiff of stale wee and immediately feal like I need to wash everything I've been in contact with
You need your fucking head checking if you’re intentionally messing in public and you think that’s acceptable 🤮

Last edited:
Reactions: MetalDan86, Furrytum, KindaOlde and 1 other person

NaughtyBoiNathan

🙊TAKEN! Lewis 🥰 Is my world 🌈❤️
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
ben0510 said:
Each to there own, but personally i only like to smell of strawberries, I couldn't contemplate being smelly either indoors or out. i certainly wouldn't be comfortable smelling like a urinal. As for poop i don't like messing in my diaper. That said i respect the fact that everyone is different. So if it works for you, so be it.

Andrewgdfw

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
lilbabyjooce said:
That's a well reasoned response. It's my way of thinking and it's reflected in how I've handled bladder incontinence over the years.

Reactions: lilbabyjooce

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
lilbabyjooce said:
I hate the smell of stale urine I do not want to smell for my sake and others. I also have no desire to draw any attention to my wearing when I’m in public.
Stale pee and poop accidents are terrible. Unfortunately there's a regular smell like that if you are IC like me. Change whenever you can. I try to reduce those odors. I've been using internal deodorants (chlorophyll copper) for years so I don't think I smell that bad. At worst I have a little pungency. I use good cologne (Polo) and everyday I take Coppertone lotion. At home I always use Sandlewood incense which I like (especially when friends come by). It doesn't hurt if you wear a good (~6 ml) plastic pant.

Clean everything. From clothing, bedding, upholstery and yes, my diaper pail. I don't like smelling stinky. I can't understand why some people actually like that. It's gross.

Reactions: Abdlchriscrinkle and IcyBlue

OldTerry

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I would never poo my nappy amongst non consenting others

Jorelaxed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Some nappies/diapers do smell when peed shortly after.
I have noticed some brands get that horrible ammonia like smell.
A good quality diaper neutralizes pee smell well.

Last edited:
Reactions: AComputerGuy, MetalDan86 and OldTerry

OldTerry

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Jorelaxed said:
Some nappies/diapers do smell when peed shortly after.
I have noticed some brands get that horrible ammonia like smell.
My Terry nappy and rubbers smell of ammonia only if stay in 6 hours, never do that now as I would get severe nappy rash

Reactions: Jorelaxed

Hemix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I don't like the smell of stale pee. However, if we talk about poo smell and I'm alone, I can tolerate it for a loooong while 😁

Reactions: Jorelaxed

Elmo

I ❤️ Sesame Street
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
HappyNappin said:

For the same reason we use deodorant, is the same reason you shouldn't mess your diaper in a grocery store. It's inconsiderate and embarrassing (for yourself, and the people around you!)

Reactions: KryptographicKiddo

Richard101

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
lilbabyjooce said:
Totally with you on that

R

MetalDan86

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
ben0510 said:
It absolutely does bother me. In the past, I had tried some oil-based diaper scents but you have to be careful as it can cause skin irritation.

It has been one of my biggest fantasies to find scented abdl diapers that mirror the scent of old skool Pampers from the 80s.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm bothered incase I go noise blind but I think if you smell in can be part of the incontinence you have so it can't be helped.