Do you become self-conscious if you're diaper is really wet?

Do you become self-conscious if your diaper is really wet?

• Yes, I get embarrassed in front of others when I'm really wet.

Votes: 62 66.0%
  • No, you can never be too wet.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • No, someone else is responsible for my diapers, so it's not my concern.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Someone else is responsible for my diapers, but, I still get embarrassed.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

SherriLil

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I'm curious as to if anyone else who wears diapers in front of a partner or spouse has had this experience; I've worn diapers in front of my wife for more than 3.5 years, and she's seen me in every kind of diaper - white, printed, disposable, cloth. Most of the time, I don't give it any thought. However, the other day, I'd locked myself in my office for several hours while working on a project, wearing a Rearz Inspire+, and when I finally came over to our bedroom to get changed out of my work clothes, she was there. It was as I undressed that I realized that my diaper was truly soaked - it had become quite saggy and swollen. I suddenly felt really self-conscious and embarrassed, like I'd been caught doing something naughty, or had neglected responsibilities, and I put my head down and sheepishly got a new diaper and went into the bathroom to change. She didn't say anything, but I could feel my cheeks glowing. Do you ever feel embarrassed by how wet you've let your diaper get?

Reactions: DiaperDiva, warmfeeling, Edgewater and 1 other person

Elmo

Elmo Loves You ❤️
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Not necessarily about the diaper being wet, but I do get self-conscious about the risk of leaking, the diaper bulge and the toddler-like waddle that come with soaked diapers when I'm outside.

Last edited:
Reactions: StoneCrab, DiaperDiva, incomic and 5 others

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I get a little apprehensive if I know my diaper is nearing its limits. Other than that I’m getting quite comfortable wearing a diaper in public, but it surly wasn’t that way when I first had to start wearing 24/7 over 7 years ago.

Reactions: Jonnythepony, warmfeeling, Edgewater and 1 other person

GoodnitesXL21

Loves Diapers & Bikinis! Both awesome undies! 😁
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If I was in a relationship with someone who generally didn't care about me wearing diapers, that wouldn't bother me. The diaper was doing it's job and that's what happens. My day diaper is always quite swollen and bulging by the end of the day.

NOW if it leaked or something and my pants were wet and they saw, THEN I would be embarrassed.😳

Last edited:
Reactions: Pino, diapeybabybrian, chamberpot and 3 others

Edgewater

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
My wife has seen me in nothing but a very flooded diaper and plastic pants every morning for well over 30 years and its just another day's event.
The over night diaper is the largest and commonly the most flooded as I commonly change more often during the day.
With inflation, I have been prepping to return to cloth diapers 24/7 as I am currently only wearing cloth diapers during the day currently.
At some point, decades ago, diapers just became common wear, nothing special.
Leaks happen, but knowledge has greatly limited the number of events. That said, leaks remain embarrassing and having a back-up plan and a diaper bag helps.

Reactions: diapeybabybrian, Lyric, Teddy and 2 others

LePew

Staying dry in the city of rain
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
yas! so embarrassing! :eek:

Reactions: warmfeeling, SherriLil and Edgewater

jamiejamie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Only when it is soooooo saturated and I worry it’ll leak when I sit down.

Reactions: warmfeeling, SherriLil and Edgewater

hbic60

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Although being UIC I still have feelings down there :) - so obviously I also have a feeling how saturated my diaper is (it simply starts to feel damp if it's coming to end of capacity) - So I know it's time to change and go over to the bathroom to do so. Of course (especially in the evening if I'm switching into my night diaper) sometimes my wife is also there (we have a quite big bathroom) and she can clearly see my diaper - so what? Of course she knows about my IC, I have her full understanding, acceptance and support and she's aware that I wear my protection for a certain reason, and it's a foreseeable obvious duty of a diaper to keep my liquid outtake safely stored - so absolutely no reason for me to be embarrassed having a wet diaper!

Reactions: Napincolove, SherriLil, GoodnitesXL21 and 2 others

Antientmariner

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I don't share my padded side with anyone. But if i wear to work, I wear plastic panties to contain most, if any smells. But alone, which is always, i stay in my diaper as long as I want, and simply throw it away when it's capacity has been reached. No shame here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Napincolove, SherriLil and Edgewater

Jackieinwbpa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Only if I leak

Reactions: SherriLil and Edgewater

warmfeeling

I love wearing nappies
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
SherriLil said:
I'm curious as to if anyone else who wears diapers in front of a partner or spouse has had this experience; I've worn diapers in front of my wife for more than 3.5 years, and she's seen me in every kind of diaper - white, printed, disposable, cloth. Most of the time, I don't give it any thought. However, the other day, I'd locked myself in my office for several hours while working on a project, wearing a Rearz Inspire+, and when I finally came over to our bedroom to get changed out of my work clothes, she was there. It was as I undressed that I realized that my diaper was truly soaked - it had become quite saggy and swollen. I suddenly felt really self-conscious and embarrassed, like I'd been caught doing something naughty, or had neglected responsibilities, and I put my head down and sheepishly got a new diaper and went into the bathroom to change. She didn't say anything, but I could feel my cheeks glowing. Do you ever feel embarrassed by how wet you've let your diaper get?
My wife knows I wear, but I try and keep it all under cover as much as possible, she has commented on the crinkle once or twice, not in a bad way, but yes I am conscious

Reactions: Napincolove, SherriLil and Edgewater

padpeter

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My wife is the only person that knows I wear diapers and I am a DL. She is okay with it but doesn’t have any desire to engage in any way. She has seen me in diapers before but I don’t flaunt them. I wear every night and sometimes during the day depending on what my schedule allows. I have never put on a diaper in front of her. This afternoon I had a 3 hour volunteer service time scheduled. Prior to the time I needed to leave the house, I had wet my diaper to the point of very soggy. Time got away from me so I decided a change was in order. I was in the bathroom, in the process of taping on a new diaper when she walked in. Frankly I didn’t know what to do. I‘m sure I turned beet red but proceeded to tape up. In that short time span I became highly aroused even asking her to rub the bulge, which she declined to do. Sometimes I’d give anything if she’d partake in diapers. That being said, I’m grateful she is as accepting, as much as she is.

Reactions: johnnyDL1, SherriLil and Edgewater

satin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
i often wear a nappy to the late night shop and sometimes i wet a bit to much if i do then i think they would notice

Reactions: Edgewater

Fairwarning

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If my diaper is so wet that it's about to leak I do get self conscious. Because if it leaks it is obvious.

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
When I was wearing pull-ups for U-IC while shopping and I was inexperienced, there were times in public where I'd be almost dripping wet. But I always seemed to know when I was reaching my limit (once I was dripping wet when I arrived home).

Now that I wear a brief in those situations, the issue almost never occurs since the diaper is more absorbent than my needs. It was embarrassing the one night that I woke up wetter than the Tena Super (NA) handles but I just quietly went to the bathroom for my shower and laundered my PJs after.

SherriLil

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
padpeter said:
I was in the bathroom, in the process of taping on a new diaper when she walked in. Frankly I didn’t know what to do. I‘m sure I turned beet red but proceeded to tape up.
This rings true to for me as well. My wife is the same - tolerant but not enthusiastic. She has seen me in diapers a million times now, but I still don't put them on or take them off in front of her. I wish that she'd consider being a bit more playful or participatory about them, but then again, I have to count my blessings - she puts up with my wearing diapers 24/7 and hasn't poisoned me or kicked me out of the house, so that's a win.

Reactions: johnnyDL1, chamberpot and Edgewater

Tenaman

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have bladder problems 24/7 and wear the Tena Slip Maxi Active Fit all in one adult nappies. On a recent car journey I wet really heavily but had to drive for a good half hour to the next motorway services. I knew that my pad/nappy had leaked at the sides and also where I had been sitting so my trousers had awful tell-tale signs. I put on a jacket in in order to try and hide the wet patches but I felt really self conscious and then when I got to the services the disabled facilities needed a key that I had to collect from one of the shops. I am thankfully still pretty mobile so the shop assistant was unsure why I needed to use the facilities. I told her I had too change and she saw that I has clearly wet myself. It was so obvious - the bulge and the wet patches own my trousers. She the led me to the facilities ti unlock them and I just felt everyone was looking at me.

Reactions: SherriLil and Edgewater

Lyric

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I told my wife not long after we first met that I'm a DL. I started wearing cloth diapers and rubber pants full time not long after we first met. She sees me every day in my diapers and changes me most of the time. But the truth is I still feel a little embarrassed or at least childish when my diapers are really wet and she sees how wet they are, especially when she tells me "I think its time for a change, don't you" or something similar. She often comes into my office in the late afternoon where I'm working and just have diapers and rubber pants on and a shirt and she asks me "how are we doing?" or something similar that always means she wants to check my diapers because she suspects they're so wet that she needs to change me. She always does that when she hasn't seen me for a few hours as though I'm her child.

UrgentWees

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Not when I’m home alone or with my girlfriend. She’s seen enough of my soaked morning diapers that I know that no amount of saturation will phase her. I do feel self conscious if I’m out and soaked, though. I wear pretty discrete cloth backed diapers, but when the front and lower rear swells up after a couple of wettings, it can look pretty obvious under pants, especially when I’m sitting, and knowing that strangers can tell makes me very self conscious and embarrassed. My physiotherapist saw my full diaper under my pants a few weeks ago as I was leaving her office after my appointment and suggested that it was time for me to change. I could have died.

Reactions: johnnyDL1, Edgewater, SherriLil and 1 other person

SherriLil

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I just proved my thesis out again... I'm sitting in my office right now in a fairly wet Alphagatorz, and and about an hour ago, my diaper did that thing where the stuffing up front is pretty saturated, but out back it's still pretty dry, and you're hoping for emissions to make their way out to the dry stuffing, following gravity, but a trickle went rogue and ran out toward my hip and ended up wetting the pants I was wearing. So, I took them off and hung them by the heater, and then of course, 20 minutes later, my wife came up to my office because she needed to print something. It would have been conspicuous to make a run for them, so I just hung out in my diaper - it's nothing my wife hasn't seen before. But then, she started having trouble with the printer, so I had to get up and go over to help her, and that's when I became somewhat embarrassed by my fairly saggy diaper.

Reactions: Edgewater and Lyric