Do thin diapers do "it" for you?

SoggyGolfer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm a life long DL born in the late 60's during the boom of the first disposable Pampers. After many years of trial and error I've discovered that I desire and get the most satisfaction out of diapers that are Thick, Crinkly, and All White. My top choice is Rearz Inspire Nighttime because they meet all those requirements. Thin, cloth, cartoon designs... just don't do it for me. What are your thoughts on this issue? Do you have a "go to" diaper that seems to be imprinted?

Reactions: Diprs2, Jbdl, ILuvDiapers and 4 others
For me - mostly they just have to work well. - It just seems like thinner diapers do not (they end up leaking).
I use main cloth (Night-Time grade at all times), but do keep a few disposables around - right now so far the best one for me seems to be PeekABU.

Reactions: Diprs2
SoggyGolfer said:
I'm a life long DL born in the late 60's during the boom of the first disposable Pampers. After many years of trial and error I've discovered that I desire and get the most satisfaction out of diapers that are Thick, Crinkly, and All White. My top choice is Rearz Inspire Nighttime because they meet all those requirements. Thin, cloth, cartoon designs... just don't do it for me. What are your thoughts on this issue? Do you have a "go to" diaper that seems to be imprinted?

have you tried ABU simple, soggy? Those seem to fit that criteria too!

Reactions: Diprs2 and HomeAlone
'Thin' in general doesn't do anything for me- I want to feel the bulk and know I'm actually padded. While I think that how well they work is probably what is most important, small details like hook and loop rather than sticky tapes gives me more satisfaction as it feels reminiscent of what I would have been put in as a young child. Currently my go to would be something from Tykables, been very impressed with them.

Reactions: Diprs2 and LittleScotty
No: thin doesn't do it for me, I am a Fire Hydrant of a wetter when I use

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, DiaperVapor, TigerDL and 2 others
Thin by day, thick by night.
It all depends on what sort of work in doing during the day. If I'm machinery operating then I may use thicker padding. But if its manual groundwork I will stick to my Active Fit slips Plus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Thalie, neophyte and 1 other person
SoggyGolfer said:
I'm the same way: I prefer all-white diapers but I love solid-pink girl diapers, too. Thick, crinkly diapers are the best, I wore Pampers in the '60s, too! I don't like printed diapers much at all but the Super Dry Kids are an exception: all-white with the cute turn-of-the-century Pampers Baby-Dry taping panel. Looking and feeling like a baby is the best feeling around. 🍼🧸🎀🤗🥰

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, nwm, Kyma and 1 other person
Our past is what makes us today we are products of our upbringing so yes I would say the thicker, louder, all white I like also however I don’t mind some print like abu sdk’s, but I’m not a fan of the all over print.

Reactions: Diprs2, nwm and (deleted member)
Has to be thick and crinkle!!! Thin ones just aren’t the same and I worry I’ll leak

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, DiaperVapor, nwm and 2 others
The scene (UK) was - to me - a lot quieter nearly 15 years ago: certainly no Dotty Diaper Company and only Cuddlz and because my parentals have 'known' since my late childhood (no pun intended) hindsight (ATMIT unquestioned) makes me think they weren't too happy to start me off in adult sizes that may have been over(and therfore dangerously encouraging the wrong kinda risks)-stimulating products. They bought my first handful of bags before upping my pocket money and letting me be my own alternative lifestyle steersperson. Long story short my first adult prod'ts were medicals so yeah thin nappies have been surprisingly satisfactory these many years.
-
BW

Reactions: Diprs2
Thick thick thick thick thick thick thick thick thick

I do not see the appeal of

t
h
i
n

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, DiaperVapor, nwm and 3 others
I like thin as long as it's reliable.
Northshore supreme lite is the thinnest I still feel secure in.

I don't like to be in a wet diaper too long typically so I feel I get more bang for my buck from lower capacity diapers.

Reactions: Diprs2 and BobbiSueEllen
For me, as strictly a Goodnites wearer, the older ones don’t do it for me. The older ones can barely hold one decent wetting. The new XL’s can definitely hold 2 decent wettings if I position one in the front and one right below into two different zones.

Reactions: Diprs2, BobbiSueEllen and HomeAlone
Strange, I’m a 90’s baby. I’m DL only and prefer the plastic backed, all white diapers. I might on occasion get some pink MegaMax, but my go to diaper is the snow white BetterDry🤗

Reactions: Diprs2, soggybottoms8882, DiaperVapor and 3 others
I think a thin diaper is such a waste! There are times iv had to wear thin cheap diapers and I'm almost scared to even go In Them. Mega maxes are really great but on a budget an so I've stuck with m4 diapers I really do like these alot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, DiaperVapor, SofiaInPampers and 2 others
I love all white thick plastic diapers. Its no coincidence since I was born in the early 70s when the all white plastic Pampers were very popular. Although I loved how by the early 80s many diapers got really thick and I often wished I couldve worn those but was too old by then. I know theres many all white plastic ABDL diapers to choose from but they just arent the same as those thick white 1980-84 Pampers,Luvs or Huggies. The closest possibly might be my Dry 24 7s.....

Reactions: nwm, BobbiSueEllen and Deleted member 57387
I hope this doesn't sound bad to you. Every night I wear Tena diapers and they hold the amount I pee. You really need to find out what works for you. For me it's just for N.E., but I like helping anyone. "What's your problem with what you've tried?"

Reactions: Diprs2, nwm, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
I too prefer thick, white, crinkly nappies, despite never having worn them as a child. AFAIK I didn't wear a single disposable from birth to potty training, so I sometimes wonder what makes them so specifically appealing now. My best guess is that they were what I saw in use around me when my interest and desire to be back in nappies started to surface aged 6 or so. They are the products that called to me from the drugstore shelves for those frustrating years before getting an opportunity to start enjoying them for real.

My first experience of buying and using disposable nappies was of pink, plastic-backed, toddler girls' ones, which I clearly remember. But by that time I guess the aesthetics of what a nappy should be like were firmly established in my mind and white plastic is still favourite.

From a practical angle, I need discretion at work and generally when out, so the thickness and crinkle kevel have to be kept within limits. At home i'll choose Rearz Inspire for crinkle or Bettersry for bulk, etc. At night, especially, nothing beats the reassurance of a thick nappy between my legs, gently reminding me that I can do whatever I need in it without a care in the world.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, BobbiSueEllen and (deleted member)
KrankyPants said:
"What's your problem with what you've tried?"
Don’t get me wrong I don’t have a “problem” with any diaper. I just don’t get that feeling all us DL’s get when using thinner diapers.

Reactions: Diprs2 and BobbiSueEllen
Back