Do they make plastic backed anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Was at Wal-Mart getting in on some of the cheapos... (Heh, i need more cash) and i couldn't for the life of me find a single pack with plastic backing!!! Any help?

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
Depends Bambinos Attends Assurances Those are all plastic backed, for the most part.

S

Secret

Depends Bambinos Attends Assurances Those are all plastic backed, for the most part.
I am pretty sure Depends arent plastic backed anymore, but I bought a pack of CVS's store brand adult diapers and they were plastic backed, but they held nothing and were unconfortable.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
  4. Private
Yes they still make plastic backed diapers.

1. Depends Fitted Maximum Protection
2. Attends (some)
3. Prevail
4. Molicare Super Plus
6. Abena X Plus
7. Secure X Plus
8. Bambino
9. Dry 24/7
10. Dry Comforts

There are 10 just to name a few. So I'm pretty sure they are still made :)

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yes they still make plastic backed diapers.

1. Depends Fitted Maximum Protection
2. Attends (some)
3. Prevail
4. Molicare Super Plus
6. Abena X Plus
7. Secure X Plus
8. Bambino
9. Dry 24/7
10. Dry Comforts

There are 10 just to name a few. So I'm pretty sure they are still made :)

O man thank you. I don't mean to bug but are any of these sold at like a grcery store or walmart or target. i know some are expensive and only availible through online purchase and i cant risk my mom getting home before me and finding a box full of diapers.....

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Walmart still has Assurance and they are plastic backed, I but a 3 packs every few weeks, and have been buying them since the CVS went to cloth like.

SteveC1981

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
  2. Private
Depends are pretty much everywhere, although some stores have a wider product range than others...the actual diapers are the hardest to get at sometimes.

wetatnight

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
the assurence brand from walmart is plastic backed .
along with Depends,Abena, Molicare, Tranquility and Attends and some other brands.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Best bet is to try at a pharmacy, they generally have a better selection than if you were to go to a supermarket or a grocery store. And yes, the Depends are still plastic backed (just picked up a new pack) but you have to be careful which ones to get, you'll want the "fitted maximum protection" All of the other ones are of the pull-up variety and are cloth backed. A lot of the grocery stores around me only carry the pull up type, so I have to go to an actual pharmacy to get the tape-on style.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
  4. Private
But which kind of "Depend" is plastic backed?

The "Fitted Maximum Protection tape on style is still plastic backed.

O man thank you. I don't mean to bug but are any of these sold at like a grcery store or walmart or target. i know some are expensive and only availible through online purchase and i cant risk my mom getting home before me and finding a box full of diapers.....

The Depends and Attends you can get at some stores. Depends are much easier to get though...

Also, if you drive, try calling up medical supply stores in your area and asking if they sell briefs for incontinence. That is how I got all of my good ones before I was able to order though the mail..

~Johnathon

Last edited by a moderator:

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Tranquility ATN, Mega Care Line Briefs, Longs brand Overnight Briefs, and Assurance.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The Depends and Attends you can get at some stores. Depends are much easier to get though...

~Johnathon

Be careful with some of the newer Attends. There's one store near me that sells them, it's an independent locally owned pharmacy, not one of the chain ones. Anyway, they have carried attends for years, and they always had the plastic backed ones with the two tapes, they were blue if I remember. They were OK, but I recently went there to buy a pack and all they had were the "Breathable" briefs. I figured since I did drive about 15 miles to go there I'd pick them up.

Big mistake! They are cloth backed, which I really don't care about one way or another. They fit very poorly - I can't get them tight enough and absorbancy is disappointing at best. Figured I'd let you know about the possibility, not all attends are created equal I guess.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
A good low cost plastic diaper can be found at Zellers. They are fairly thin and don't hold a whole lot, but the diaper is a wide cut style and the low bottom tapes make a good seal around the legs. Some tape will be helpfull because the three tapes on each side are very low and the waist will be loose, just add your own set of top tapes.

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Assurance (from walmart) around here still sells plastic backing I think. Also diapers you can order online have plastic backing.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
yall's forgetin teh trankwilty ants

In proper english, many of you have forgotten to mention that Tranquility's ATN diapers are plastic-backed.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Assurance

I just bought a pack of Assurance at Walmart and they are cloth backed:cryhankie: I normally used them on weeknights because they were cheap and they normally held just enough. I will have to find a new diaper for weeknights. The cloth back causes rashes on my inner leg from the rubbing.

Sickness

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I just bought a pack of Assurance at Walmart and they are cloth backed:cryhankie: I normally used them on weeknights because they were cheap and they normally held just enough. I will have to find a new diaper for weeknights. The cloth back causes rashes on my inner leg from the rubbing.

That sucks I liked them plastic backed.

Status
Not open for further replies.