Do Diapers Make You Itch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
After wearing nearly constantly for two days now, I'm noticing an itchiness develop caused by the absorbant material being in contact with a certain man part. *Pram trying his best not to come off sounding gross or creepy* I can easily cure it by getting an OTC itch relief cream, but I was curious if that's a fairly common occurance, especially when you first start wearing on a regular basis. Thought perhaps it takes the skin tissue awhile to get used to the new sensation of diaper fibers. If so, I'd imagine it's more common with guys? Or, maybe smaller diapers are just plain too snug for long term use by adults?

~Pramrider

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Are you using them? Maybe it's diaper rash...Or maybe it's just a rash from them rubbing, like chafing?

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Are you using them? Maybe it's diaper rash...Or maybe it's just a rash from them rubbing, like chafing?
I'm pretty sure it's not a rash - no redness, etc. I remove it within a couple minutes of voiding my bladder and practice good hygiene afterwards. The itch isn't that bad, but just starting to be noticable. I'm thinking it's because I'm not used to all that material being bunched up and so snug in the crotch area. Oh, Pojo, just wanted to tell you the "underwear OVER the diaper" idea you suggested worked - no more noise under my PJs! Thanks for the tip!:smile:

~Pramrider

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm pretty sure it's not a rash - no redness, etc. I remove it within a couple minutes of voiding my bladder and practice good hygiene afterwards. The itch isn't that bad, but just starting to be noticable. I'm thinking it's because I'm not used to all that material being bunched up and so snug in the crotch area. Oh, Pojo, just wanted to tell you the "underwear OVER the diaper" idea you suggested worked - no more noise under my PJs! Thanks for the tip!:smile:

~Pramrider
Well your skin isn't used to it, so it's possible it could still be a sort of diaper rash, or just the diaper material (hopefully you aren't allergic)...You're welcome for the tip =3, if you are still hearing some, trying wearing 2 pairs of underwear to muffle it more :smile1:

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I'm sure this is a stupid suggestion, but maybe try Gold Bond Medicated Powder? My friend uses that instead of baby powder, and he seems to like it, although I don't think he is having the same issues. Maybe try it, or just try airing out for an hour or two until you get more used to it.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I'm sure this is a stupid suggestion, but maybe try Gold Bond Medicated Powder? My friend uses that instead of baby powder, and he seems to like it, although I don't think he is having the same issues. Maybe try it, or just try airing out for an hour or two until you get more used to it.
Not stupid at all! You might have something about needing to take a break between wearing sessions. With only a week available I'm trying to cram as much wearing as possible in 5 or 6 days. As Pojo also mentioned, my skin isn't used to it yet. I think I'm gonna sleep without one on tonight because I'm sitting here itching while I'm typing. I'll pick up something for the itch tomorrow in case I need it.

~Pramrider

Role
Diaper Lover
First off, I hope your enjoying your diaper time! Like everyone else said, id just air it out, and put on some baby powder or something, maybe that'll help. Well, best of luck, and have fun!

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
First off, I hope your enjoying your diaper time! Like everyone else said, id just air it out, and put on some baby powder or something, maybe that'll help. Well, best of luck, and have fun!
Thanks Connor92! It's been great so far.:smile: Not going to let a little itching spoil it for me. When I wore the Goodnites last year I didn't wear them constantly and didn't develop an itch. I was curious whether any other diaper users noticed that same problem when they first got heavy into diaper wearing.

~Pramrider

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
Pram do you have a latex allergy?

The absorbent stuff contains Latex.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Pram do you have a latex allergy?

The absorbent stuff contains Latex.
I didn't know that, Drew. But, no, I've never been bothered by anything made out of latex. I just had a flu shot last week and that was one question the nurse asked me because she was handling my arm with latex gloves on.

~Pramrider

Paul_Fox

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, Carer
Well, i cant really say much that hasnt already been said. After a long stint in diapers i found a similar problem with myself. The only thing i could put it down to was that i was actually sweating alot down there and there was no air flow. One thing that did help that was baby powder (and lots of it). Another thing i would also advise is is using that rash cream. Even if its not needed, it is always good to have some for rash prevention. Prevention is better than cure!

Have fun with it :)

B

Butterfly Mage

In my own experience, the best way to prevent itch is to not stay wet too long. Also, some of the new cloth-like diapers allow for much better air exchange.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I think part of your itch problem could be coming from squeezing yourself into diapers that are too small. The diaper should fit snugly, but there should still be enough room for all of your equipment in there without it being "crammed in" or bunched up.

Role
Diaper Lover
I tried some cheap cheap disposable diapers before and they make me itchy :(

Which brand do you use ?

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover,
i bet you shave right? even a clean shave will itch inside a diaper if you get a little warm and a little sweaty. if your peepee is big enough, put it in the "up position" that always helps me.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
After a long stint in diapers i found a similar problem with myself. The only thing i could put it down to was that i was actually sweating alot down there and there was no air flow. One thing that did help that was baby powder (and lots of it). Another thing i would also advise is is using that rash cream.
In my own experience, the best way to prevent itch is to not stay wet too long. Also, some of the new cloth-like diapers allow for much better air exchange.
I think part of your itch problem could be coming from squeezing yourself into diapers that are too small. The diaper should fit snugly, but there should still be enough room for all of your equipment in there without it being "crammed in" or bunched up.
Probably all of the above contributed to it. I only keep a wet one on a few minutes max. to enjoy the warmth, and then clean up good afterwards. I do sweat some while wearing and can believe there's little to no airflow. That coupled with wearing a very snug diaper without letup for 2 days no doubt did it. The equipment area is pretty crammed. I bought some anti-itch cream today so that finally relieved the itch. Haven't worn one today so far to give *down south* a break. Maybe I'll try sleeping in one again tonight since i have the cream handy.

Which brand do you use ?
It's the Pampers Underjams XL, which goes up to 85lbs. I'm about 60lbs beyond the limit.

i bet you shave right? even a clean shave will itch inside a diaper if you get a little warm and a little sweaty. if your peepee is big enough, put it in the "up position" that always helps me.
Nope, never shaved down there in my life. When I was in my teens I'd occasionally trim with scissors. I remember that triggering some itching. I'm only itching on the scrotum, not everywhere the diaper touches my skin. But, as everyone mentioned above, I think it is the sweat moisture, snugness, and lack of air flow combined that's the root cause. I looked for some of the adult diapers recommended to try, but the store where I bought the cream didn't have much of a selection.

~Pramrider

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Desitin. Use it.

Seriously, the stuff works wonders as a pee-barrier for your skin. I'm pretty sensitive down there, and rash up easily, but even before the onset of rash it can get a bit itchy. I've made a point to add a thin layer of Desitin for a while now (doesn't hurt that it smells good either :smile: ) every time I pad up, and it works perfectly.

Also, as others have said... Powder is cheap, use lots. So what if it turns to pancake batter in your diaper. :D

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent, , Private
Desitin. Use it.

Seriously, the stuff works wonders as a pee-barrier for your skin. I'm pretty sensitive down there, and rash up easily, but even before the onset of rash it can get a bit itchy. I've made a point to add a thin layer of Desitin for a while now (doesn't hurt that it smells good either :smile: ) every time I pad up, and it works perfectly.
I don't find I like the smell of Desitin Ointment all that much - it isn't bad, but it's no baby powder!

Also, as others have said... Powder is cheap, use lots. So what if it turns to pancake batter in your diaper. :D
Haha, lol. :p Obviously my favourite and best recommendation. I use it at the leg-cuffs because sometimes the rubbing rashes and/or turns itchy (from chaffing and a lot of movement usually).

But ya, I don't think it's good to have "too much" powder either. I'm an avid baby powder wearer, and generally use some at least a couple of times a week, but I noticed if I use too much, much like too much roll-on deodorant, it seems to feel uncomfortable and almost dry-out my skin or something :confused: **shrug** ....not sure exactly how to describe it.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Thanks for the itch relief suggestions.:smile: Hehe.....I can just imagine the family coming back tomorrow, walking in the door, and saying, "How come the house smells like babies!!??":eek:

~Pramrider

Status
Not open for further replies.