Do Diapers Make the Trash VERY HEAVY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleBerries

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Heya,
This little Thread is dedicated to discussing the possible factors that would make taking out trash unusual. - due to diapers.

I live at a hall of residence, and empty the trash from my room into a 'green trash bin' that sits in the hallway of the Floor. My trash is usually quite light and goes into the Landfill bin.

I've noticed that the cleaner whom empties the trash pulls the bags individually out of the Landfilll bin, before putting it in a larger rubbish sack (full of trash from other floors). It then pops into the elevator which is locked down for cleaners during that time.

I know some diapers get quite heavy out there. haha..

What's the weight of your diaper trash? (incl. Num of Diap. & Diap Type.)
+
Any recommendations that wouldn't just help me, but others as well?

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Yes, a used diaper has some weight to it. But, you're not planning on letting a whole bunch of used diapers build up, are you? One won't be noticed, and even if you stay diapered all day on a weekend, three to four diapers in a black trash bag will have some weight, but not be that unusual.

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Lille/Kendal suprem each could weight 6lbs if wet lighter if I've pooped a bag could have 10 weighing 50/60lbs so heavy
Take out your diapers each morning in a black or non see through bag and drop in street litter bin not the same one each day

L

Lozza1979

My wheelie bin gets emptied every two weeks on a Friday and I use about 4/5 nappies a day, so by the time the two weeks is up my bin is pretty heavy when the refuse collectors take it.This weekend has been the Easter holiday weekend so they wont empty them till Tuesday now.So as you can imagine my bin is now practically overflowing and heavy.

Monkeypuzzler

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Like Lozza1979, my wheelie bin is also emptied every other Friday. However I am unable to go the full two weeks without a trip to the tip in between. Always wondered what the collectors think as always incredibly heavy.

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Water is 8 pounds a gallon so that is why they get heavy .

Straycatz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Most people that do the trash collecting are like anyone else about their job.... They just want to get it done! Don't think they will pay much attention unless something is incredibly heavy. There are other things that end up in the trash that are heavy as well. Used cat litter comes to mind.

IzzyFox

Just an oddball fur in a diaper.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I will echo that as long as one does not let diapers pile up in the trash, one shouldn't have a problem. Some weight is added to my garbage when it comes to wet diapers, but not enough to cause any serious issues. I can easily carry my trash outside, and there is large dumpster outside that is emptied with some sort of hydraulic apparatus on a garbage truck. Even if you don't have a truck collect the trash as in my case, sanitation workers regularly lift heavier trash bags.

When it comes to the weight of a trash bag, I am more worried about the possibility of the bag ripping than I am with the actual weight.

dprlover90

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Most people that do the trash collecting are like anyone else about their job.... They just want to get it done! Don't think they will pay much attention unless something is incredibly heavy. There are other things that end up in the trash that are heavy as well. Used cat litter comes to mind.

...or a mutilated corpse! Sorry been watching too much dexter recently :D

caitianx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Heya,
This little Thread is dedicated to discussing the possible factors that would make taking out trash unusual. - due to diapers.

I live at a hall of residence, and empty the trash from my room into a 'green trash bin' that sits in the hallway of the Floor. My trash is usually quite light and goes into the Landfill bin.

I've noticed that the cleaner whom empties the trash pulls the bags individually out of the Landfilll bin, before putting it in a larger rubbish sack (full of trash from other floors). It then pops into the elevator which is locked down for cleaners during that time.

I know some diapers get quite heavy out there. haha..

What's the weight of your diaper trash? (incl. Num of Diap. & Diap Type.)
+
Any recommendations that wouldn't just help me, but others as well?

Being totally incontinent, I go through a lot of them, and they make trash bags very heavy, due to the pee being absorbed into them.

Jeremy8

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Being totally incontinent, I go through a lot of them, and they make trash bags very heavy, due to the pee being absorbed into them.

Same for me. Have more trash each week than most . Plus liquid ( even when absorbed by a diaper) is gonna have some good amount of weight to it

irnub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Considering that a premium diaper can hold upwards of 60+ ounces, that's easily 3-4 pounds per diaper. Compare that weight to the weight of your trash without diapers in it and you've got your answer.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I don't know about anyone else but since I primary wear bambinos (Bellisimo if I can) any time I take mine off its at least 2 pounds heavy if not more. Water/urine is pretty damn heavy given it's looks and when you have something that holds like 60 ounces, well yeah...

BabieJamiesMommy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I use Bambinos or Dry 24/7 on my 'little' one. I have a seperate trashcan (13Gal) for his diapers. after 7-10 build up in there, he is the only one that can lift the bag out of the trashcan, as each diaper weighs on average 5 lbs. Its just too heavy for me to lift on my own. last week we missed the Garbage collection - so there were two of the bags of diapers in the bin, I cant tell you how hard it was to roll the bin to the curb! :)

bashfuldlguy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
HaHa!
A friend of mine takes my trash out for me, as I can't walk very well due to messed-up discs in my back.
He never inquires as to why it is very heavy at times.
But, I'm sure he wonders about it.
Sometimes there are three to four soaked "Prevail" cheapies, adding a bunch of weight.
I don't "poop" in them, and I keep them in an opaque trash bag until he comes over to give me a hand.
Works for me.
One time a year or so ago, some putz (or a group of putzes) loaded my dumpster full of old carpets and padding. It was so heavy that the garbage truck was struggling to pick it up.
Sooo, they proceeded to empty part of it on the ground.
Guess what they found?
I just kinda wandered back into the house........!
To the putzes of the world, it is illegal to dump your stuff in someone else's dumpster.
Plus, you group(s) of putzes out there cost me an additional seventy-five bucks.
Yep, just don't really have anything positive to say about putzes....

Last edited:

irnub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Water/urine is pretty damn heavy given it's looks

Believe it or not, since the density of urine is 1.0, it actually weighs 1 ounce per fluid ounce (or 1g/ml for our metric friends) :p

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I take it easy on my bldg. mgr with my daily trash. It only has one diaper in it that averages between 3 to 4 lbs. The rest of the time I'm in cloth.

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I average 4-5 diaper changes a day. Every absorbable portion of each diaper and booster is fully used to capacity before I change. Each diaper changed and disposed of weighs 4 - 9 pounds. Garbage pickup is every 2 weeks.

Here's the Math:
4 x 14 = 56 x 4 = 224 pounds (Minimum) 5 x 14 = 70 x 9 = 630 pounds (Maximum). The garbage truck has an automated lift so the sanitation worker is not expected to lift the wheeled can.

I am fairly OCD regarding saving money related to utilities (electricity, garbage, telecommunications, internet and entertainment), so I recycle 95% of our metal, plastic and paper trash (load and drive it 25 miles to the recycle center). If the lid is propped open (even a gap) I am charged for an additional can. So I use my chopping maul (sledge) to compact all the trash into the can.

I may get to the point where I'll need to build a ramp to get the can into the SUV to take it to the highway (1/2 mile driveway). This is as close as I get to weight lifting and sometimes It takes all my strength to get it in to the trunk of our small car. All this time I thought I was just getting weak (getting older), now after looking at the math I guess I'm still nearly strong as an ox.

BouncyBoy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I average 4-5 diaper changes a day. Every absorbable portion of each diaper and booster is fully used to capacity before I change. Each diaper changed and disposed of weighs 4 - 9 pounds. Garbage pickup is every 2 weeks.

Despite the topic at hand, I am really curious on a technical level on how your body can produce 16 to 45 pounds of urine per day, based on the numbers you've posted. I did not think that to be humanly possible. Are you purposely drinking extra fluid to fill these diapers? Is this some kind of medical issue?

Please enlighten me, I think you could set some kind of record.

Also curious what kind of diapers you wear and what you do about leak protection as I find fully filling a diaper is hard to do without leaking.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My trash can can get quite heavy depending on how many diaper I wore during the week. I'm a recycle Nazi, food scraps & contaminated paper products get composted. anything that can be recycled get recycle. If I didn't wear diapers we would only have one small bag of trash per week. There have been a couple of times where I had "heavy" wearing weeks and missed opportunity to get my diapers to the trash. The following week the trash is quite heavy. I make sure that I am the one that takes the trash can to the curb avoid any suspicion. On a side note we get a lot of trash divers in my neighborhood. I'm sure that they are less than pleased to go through my trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.