Do diapers help you cope?

It is unusual but some days its actually relaxing just to walk around the house with one on, not wet it or mess in it. Also going to bed with one on it feels so nice and snug on under the covers. It feels so snug and crinkly. it didnt used to but it does actually make me feel younger and remember easier times. I often think its because theres so much stress nowadays with adulting and everything on the news these days.

Yes, cope with depression and anxiety....

More often than not I would say yes. While I have other ways of coping with the general stress of life(some healthier than others truthfully...) nothing compares to padding up. I'm not as much into getting into the whole "little space" but just putting on a diaper and doing something mundane like cleaning, or running errands changes my mood.

For me, definitely! In fact it’s much more of a coping mechanism rather than a kink for me.

I’m bladder incontinent (mostly) due to nerve damage- and the lower half of my body is in severe chronic nerve pain. As such, I wear diapers 24/7 because they keep me dry and more comfortable.

I’ve also noticed that wearing thick ABDL diapers really helps me lift my self-confidence, especially on bad days when I’m really fatigued or depressed. It means I don’t have to worry about my bladder emptying without warning and the colourful prints make it less medical.

If I have to be diapers for life, I may as well find ways to make it somewhat fun.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

icklespace said:
Yea sorta but I still haven't found the best medical diaper that I can wear the majority of the time. And I don't wet enough to warrant abdl diapers with frequent changes (yea I knows, drink more water)
Have you tried northshore? I find they are a great balance in all the factors ABDLs look for in a diaper. I wear the MegaMax pretty consistently, and am making all the others gather a bit of dust.

Reactions: icklespace
Matt4117 said:
Hi- I was curious if anyone used diapers as a coping mechanism, and not just as a lifestyle or kink?

I know when im feeling down and can get my hands on some, diapers help me feel so warm and safe and they help me feel better!

Does anyone else feel anything similar?

Absolutely. Diapers are primarily a comfort and stress relief for me. They provide that warm blanket or calming amidst the storm feeling for me in the middle of a day of adulting. Wearing will help center me and bring me some peace.

Reactions: xxPampersBoyxx
KarmaBaby said:
Yes and no .... yes they calm me but since Im back living with my mom who HATES them ..... everytime I wear it’s extra anxiety of Will she see .... when/how am I going to get more? And I want my bottle but can’t fill it up (with anything but water ....) with her around plus then I have to figure out how to wash it. :(
when did u move home, I don't remember u living there? Hi, sorry , its been crazy here, was going to keep up our messaging, just got carried away with work, sorry! So how are u doing? looks like still having trouble getting good fit diapers?

ARBBB2 said:
when did u move home, I don't remember u living there? Hi, sorry , its been crazy here, was going to keep up our messaging, just got carried away with work, sorry! So how are u doing? looks like still having trouble getting good fit diapers?
4 years ago ... I couldn’t afford my house anymore because i had to go part time work and now disability because of chronic migraines and now fibromyalgia. We have an awesome house and now I have help when I need it but it sucks that she hates the diapers so I’m limited to goodnites/ninjamas that I can still use potty most of time and then closer to bedtime I can use it. And super difficult to get them now because she does all the driving and obviously I can buy in front of her, we always open mail together because I never order anything anyway .... and I can’t drive far but live in small town so it’s nerve racking buying here because we alsmost always see someone we know when at Walmart. Have to pray a good day links up with when the very rare day mom is gone on something without so I can have an hour to drive in to city, buy them and drive home.

KarmaBaby said:
4 years ago ... I couldn’t afford my house anymore because i had to go part time work and now disability because of chronic migraines and now fibromyalgia. We have an awesome house and now I have help when I need it but it sucks that she hates the diapers so I’m limited to goodnites/ninjamas that I can still use potty most of time and then closer to bedtime I can use it. And super difficult to get them now because she does all the driving and obviously I can buy in front of her, we always open mail together because I never order anything anyway .... and I can’t drive far but live in small town so it’s nerve racking buying here because we alsmost always see someone we know when at Walmart. Have to pray a good day links up with when the very rare day mom is gone on something without so I can have an hour to drive in to city, buy them and drive home.
man that sucks, wish I was closer I would gladly help u out!

I don’t know if “cope” is the right word but definitely helps me de-stress.

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle
Yes, its a kink. Before I even hit puberty I would sneak and wear them for comfort and relaxation.

Now as a middle aged adult, they are a fetish for me. However every couple weeks I must wear and be padded.

absolutely helps keeps me calm relaxed and in my fantasy of growing up to be the gurl l want to be not a male

YES! Excellent coping mechanism. Sometimes feel very relaxed in them

Last edited:
Yes, they certainly do. Being disabled is hard enough but nappies give me a certain degree of confidence. I feel safe.

Lumos said:
Yes! Not only is it a kink but they help me relax and with my anxiety 😌
I couldn't have put it better, myself. I feel the same.

100% they do! They are the first thing that I found that really helps both my anxiety and my ADHD. I don't pretend to understand why, but the fact that they do are what drove me to embrace it and then to seek out a community like this so that maybe I could understand that part of myself better! There is also a comfort that comes from them. I call it my "warm blanket" effect and it can make so many things better. If I know work is going to be a super stressful day, my wife diapers me in the morning before she leaves for work and the stress is not overwhelming and I have better focus...

Milianna said:
It's a mixed bag. Honestly it's a weird mix.

It helps me but also it gives it's own sense of shame in another sense.
I feel the same way. While it is very effective for me, there is a sense of shame or embarrassment afterward that is hard to overcome but I am working on it. My biggest challenge is to stop trying to convince myself that while it really does work, that there has to be other options out there with similar results.

Not as much as they used to, but for a while, diapers were like antidepressants to me (and I say this as someone who was on antidepressants for more than a decade). Whenever my OCD would flare up, I'd almost immediately feel drawn to wearing diapers - and the second I put one on, my symptoms would melt away (ditto with my anxiety symptoms). Nowadays I wear more for fun, but they still have a super relaxing effect on me.

I have very little problem coping with life, but wearing and using diapers is really relaxing and confidence building , I can do anything while diapered, I will drift off into my own diaper zone when around others, I am fairly much a loner and crowded places sort of make me a bit uncomfortable.. diapers and wetting them help a bunch with that.

Reactions: wetaccident
Personally I shift in and out of how much I’m into abdl as a whole based on how I’m doing at the time— currently facing a move across the country after staying in a different state for about half a year so it’s sort of a crutch for me. I don’t have diapers currently (I’m moving lol) but regressing and diapers (in usual circumstances) relax me during stressful times. I don’t feel the need to do any of that otherwise though really

Back