Do diapers help you cope?

Just last night I had a bad panic/anxiety attack. As I was laying on the couch shaking and crying, my wife came over to me with a diaper in her hand and proceeded to diaper me. Instantly I felt a calm come over me. Later on I asked her why she diapered me and she said she did it because she knew it would calm me down and it’s what I needed. I am very blessed to have my wife. She understands the diapers are not just a sexual thing and accepts that I truly need to wear one at times. I still feel ashamed that I have a need to wear them at times but am also grateful that they help bring me back to reality. Anxiety is no joke. I hope that one day I never have to deal with it further.

Reactions: perlFerret, TommyTheDiaperDuck, Lyric and 5 others
Matt4117 said:
I’m the EXACT same way! I love diapers because they help me feel safe and calm- but sometimes I just feel like a terrible person for the fetish I have. I’m trying to get over it and each day is a step in the right direction- but overcoming the shame I feel is very hard sometimes
I feel the same ⬆️

ShyDL19 said:
I feel the same ⬆️
It can be really hard to cope with at times- but that’s okay! It’s part of growing as people :3. I hope you have an amazing day fellow padded pal!

Reactions: WetDL22
They do, but I would also say that currently due to a few other issues and situations I am in things can be a bit difficult. I can enjoy my time while I am wearing them and alone just relaxing doing anything I want, but I lose the freedom and relaxation once I have to take the next step. Like, taking them off once I need to, disposing, and just overall keeping my supplies a secret.

Yes. They can be a comfort, a little reward for getting something done, a distraction, a bit of self-care…

Putting myself in a diaper and letting myself be wet like a baby for a few hours is harmless, simple medicine.

Reactions: chamberpot
Yes.

When I'm in my cloth diapers and rubber pants and can go potty in them whenever I want I'm the happiest, most relaxed guy in the world. No need for drugs, booze, therapy or even yoga. I'm just content and fun. AND, when I go out with my wife all diapered and wet I'm excited and thrilled and just love to wet myself. BUT, when my wife starts to change me, I become quite sexually aroused and I'm suddenly full of energy and desire.

Sometimes. TBH, I don't really think about "coping," but without a doubt there are things in my life that I'd rather not dwell overlong on, and diapers are definitely a pleasing diversion.

Reactions: AmysW0rld
Cottontail said:
Sometimes. TBH, I don't really think about "coping," but without a doubt there are things in my life that I'd rather not dwell overlong on, and diapers are definitely a pleasing diversion.
Thank you for your feedback ❤️. Have a nice day :3

Yes for sure. When I wear a diaper it definitely helps with my everyday stress and anxiety. A lot of the times that why I put one one.

No it doesn't. now put on your pads, tape it up and lets go. make sure you add some extra cream in there
lol.

• Thinking
Reactions: littlemoosey
Matt4117 said:
Hi- I was curious if anyone used diapers as a coping mechanism, and not just as a lifestyle or kink?

I know when im feeling down and can get my hands on some, diapers help me feel so warm and safe and they help me feel better!

Does anyone else feel anything similar?
Absolutely.

Matt4117 said:
Hi- I was curious if anyone used diapers as a coping mechanism, and not just as a lifestyle or kink?

I know when im feeling down and can get my hands on some, diapers help me feel so warm and safe and they help me feel better!

Does anyone else feel anything similar?
Yes. My therapist is the one that suggested I do this when I need to calm down and get away from the anxiety trigger.

Reactions: perlFerret
The primary reason for wearing diapers for me is to reduce my stress from every day stresses.

I typically wear in order to cope with panic/anxiety attacks. I'm not exactly sure how diapers help me cope, whether it's increased control over my time and environment, something different to direct my attention other than stressors, or just not having to feel like I need to pee all the time when I get wound up. My guess is it's all of the above. When I was younger, there was a much stronger sexual component to my diaper wearing, but as the years have gone by, and I have been more accepting of my desire to wear diapers, that his given way to it being almost purely a (quite effective) coping mechanism.

Reactions: perlFerret, SimCo and ThePaddedTurtle
Hi

I suffer severe PTSD, Anxiety and Depression!

When I first tried diapers I thought they would be a kink, both my husband and I are very kinky, however, it was completely different, I just instantly relaxed.

When I put it forward to hubby, and after the first time he saw me wear a diaper, he was sold, and has actually insisted I wear from time to time, he saw a new me, a much more relaxed me, one capable of going out in public without crumbling.

Bathrooms for me we found are actually a trigger room, so not having to go to them, especially when out, it is wonderful. I can never use urinals, I freeze if anyone else enters, I always have to use a cubicle, and even then I can freeze.

Not having to use public bathrooms anymore is a huge stress release, a worry I am glad I no longer have.

I am glad of my diapers, even though I still fight wearing due to embarrassment. Why are we arseholes about this?

Yes, absolutely. I find I am more relaxed when wearing a diaper but also that my desire to wear and wet tends to increase during times of stress at work or in my life in general. I also find that knowing I *can* wear a diaper when I want to is a comforting thought even if I'm not planning to wear at that time and that the notion of not being able to wear for an extended period, such as when traveling or family visits, etc. is often a bit of a stressful idea on its own.

Reactions: thedlguy
I have Autism, the Asperger's one. I only have trouble socializing, so I am lonely most of the time. I'm sure I have depression, but the only time I had good enough insurance that covered expenses was when I didn't make any money one year. So getting it diagnosed is out of the question.

I don't usually get the chance to wear often but when I do it is usually at particularly bad times. Really helps me feel like I was young when someone still cared for me. The softness and squishiness of a wet diaper also feels very enjoyable. I've recently (Yesterday) had the opportunity to start wearing more often and find I am more relaxed.
The convenience of not needing a toilet is a great plus too.

I can personally say that outside of a kink, diapers definitely provide therapeutic elements for me. Whether it just to unwind, to detach for reality for a bit, or just needing some extra TLC and a soft touch, I can say that in a way, I use them as a coping mechanism.

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle
For sure! It's exciting, and I imagine it's kind of like what a weighted blanket would do. Very comforting.

Back