Status
Not open for further replies.

babylea

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
hi all,

before you jump to conclusions as to what i mean, let me explain.. im 43 and in my lifetime i have held several jobs, normally not lasting more than a year, because i make a mistake that is too costly to the company, but one job i lasted over 7 years in..

now. in all jobs i have had the same situation..

the first part of the job was data entry, i worked for a brand new telecom company along the lines of BT (in uk) and my job was to enter applciations into the system, consisting of name, address, and telephone numbers and a few other details..

the first day i started i learned the system, and how to enter the names, by the third day, i had tripled the number of applications entered into the system, even today almost 18 years later, my record still stands and has never been beat. I was entering around 350 applications a day, the most that the company has on record bar mine is only around 280.
even when i moved across to credit and collections, i would phone a hundred people in the time it took others to phone maybe 50.

as a car cleaner for a hire company i cleaned more cars than anyone else.

even in my last job, i loaded products onto palletes, and would run two different systems at once, loading two pallets at the same time.

and so on.

in other words i tend to overwork, i think its in order to get praise for my work..

Does this happen to others? or is it just a me thing?

I dont know if it's a common trait amongst us to be really hard workers, but that is definitely me.

I haven't had many jobs (3 up to this point and I will be 28 in March, the last job I had for over 5 years) ; but with my last job and my current job being factory jobs and most of my family having a hard work ethic i definitely overworked at my last job and I guess you can say that applies to my current job as the Supervisors depend on me and even though I haven't even got 6 months on I have outlasted a lot of people that had my same job title (some get in trouble, some leave (though IDK why, it is a union job, good benefits, good pay)) and even though 40 hours is what I technically signed up for I knew that I could get anything up to 84 hour weeks (during the summer if we get 12 hours a day 7 days a week) and could end up working 12 hours a day for 13 days straight.

A typical week is usually anywhere from 48-60+ hours (some 12 hour days, some Saturdays) and there is a big importance on being at work on time every day or I can gain points; any time I am late, or dont show up, or call in or anything other than model behavior i can gain points which can get me fired.

And there are times where i end up working super hard to try to keep 3-5 lines running (a slow line is probably 300 cans a minute, a quick line probably 550, so it's a hard working job at times) and on top of that anyone with my job position is also supposed to keep up on quality checks and do paperwork too.

I really dont mind working hard, especially when it is good money like I get at my current job, but I worked really hard at my last job too and my bosses seemed to like me (for the most part other than 1 that was an outright B no matter what I did and yelled at me even when I was doing a good job and working close to 70 hours just from Monday through Friday) as I was there every day except maybe 2 or 3 work days a year, no matter the weather, no matter if I had Bronchitis I would show up, do good work, and not complain about anything (even if I was really suffering I would never show it, which I guess is both good and bad).

So yeah I guess I'm kinda a Work-Aholic and what better compliment to that than to relax when not working and throw the "book of Potty training" out the window and just put on a diaper, use it, and relax?

I'm also the "Heavy Lifter" whenever my family needs heavy things lifted and move I have to get up and put in the work.

Nope I don't work that hard unless I've got to drive from south coast of England to Glasgow or beyond , that takes 8or 9 hours by Truck as I'm limited to 52mph and have to stop every 4.5hours for a legally required brake

I work a lot. Usually over 50 hours a week. I am an hourly contractor as a Senior Software Engineer so the long hours are worth it.

I'm pretty sure it's another one of those things that's all over the map, or perhaps the bell curve.

I work for an international chain of stores and I work at least ten hours daily. I am in management, but I love the retail floor and design. I don't think, or shall I say I don't consider it a hard job. I have to say it is very demanding and tiresome at times. Some employees can be rough around the edges and customers can be rude and cruel, but that is the way of life. I enjoy working to be honest.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and PapaBear001
I work hard, but it's mostly because of circumstance. Like I have 2 part time jobs as well as being a full time student, but without those jobs my roommate and I couldnt afford food and housing.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
I over worked when I was doing IT at a junior high school. My boss would run out of things for me to do. Now that I'm taking a creative writing course, I'm at my computer a lot working on stories. When I was a full time church organist/accompanist, I was practicing/playing over 8 hours a day. I can't say that defines AB/DL's, but it does define me.

I think it varies. Some ABs are totally chill and like to lounge about taking a go with the flow type of approach to their lives and then there are others who work their butts off so they can keep themselves padded and happy :D

No one way is right and no one way is wrong, as long as you are finding a balance between being an adult and being an AB/Little :)

As for me, I am a bit of a workaholic, but I like my down time too. I am always diligent with my University assignments, I take my contract jobs very seriously and I am always the first one to arrive and the last one to leave when it comes to University and work. On average, I'd say I allot about 45-50 hours a week to University alone and another 24-30 hours on top of that goes to my gigs and odd jobs, which are usually part time or for a contracted period and aren't very taxing. So, while I am a busy baby most of the time, I don't mind it at all because it affords me the luxury of being able to diaper up, regress and forget about my problems whenever time allows :)

So yeah, not all AB/DLs overwork, some do, some don't and some, like myself, maybe fall right in the middle. It all depends on one's circumstances and demeanour ;)

Last edited:
I don't know if AB/DLs as a demographic overwork.

However, I do know that a lot of AB/DLs have neurotypes that are generally referred to as learning disorders, such as attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), which are strongly associated with the kind of overwork that you're talking about.

15 years at the same office, I only work 40-42 hours per week. And what little overtime I put in I "bank" and use for doctors appointments or taking off early. By the end of the year I'm guaranteed to have less than 8 hours of accumulated overtime. So no, I don't overwork.

To be more creative, become less productive.

I work all the time, but as an inventor I'm not even slightly productive. Saving the world is far more important than building yet another widget to add to the 10,000,000,000 identical widgets that already exist.

I refuse to overwork unless I'm compensated properly. My whole job is actually to reduce labor and wasted resources.

Do your job to the best of your ability.

I work 60 to 80 hrs a week by choice at work and on other projects that are personal, I like to remain busy

I’d say it is good to be zealous in work, but if working fast and hard is causing you to make mistakes that cost the company more than you are worth something is horribly wrong. Slow down!

I work hard, don’t take lunches and never miss work. I feel bad because my employees try not to take lunch when they work directly with me, so I have to force them. I just don’t get hungry and get really wrapped up in my work.

Janvier said:
I’d say it is good to be zealous in work, but if working fast and hard is causing you to make mistakes that cost the company more than you are worth something is horribly wrong. Slow down!

I work hard, don’t take lunches and never miss work. I feel bad because my employees try not to take lunch when they work directly with me, so I have to force them. I just don’t get hungry and get really wrapped up in my work.
where I work they force me to stop as its a union shop, however Id prefer to carry on as I get into what I am doing

Me personally at work: Yes I sometimes bust ass when I don't need to @_@ but for good reason, I never know when higher up is going to be watching I became a certifier at my job little more than a year now this is my second year at the job and I've been trusted to be able to be a certifier. So far my speed as a certifier has been phenomenal however Quality doesn't seem to think so but i'll let my results speak for me.

To explain it's an injection molding thing and Certifiers watch cell parts and verify they're good to go to the customer, I trained my brain to look for Every fault just looking at a part and I've done so perfectly for the entire year. this leads to misunderstandings of my ability because there's no Earthly way I can explain how i'm capable of it.

I can't just say to quality that they're too slow to follow at my rate, that my eyes are specifically made for processing speeds like that. So yeah, we can overwork

MakABDL said:
Me personally at work: Yes I sometimes bust ass when I don't need to @_@ but for good reason, I never know when higher up is going to be watching I became a certifier at my job little more than a year now this is my second year at the job and I've been trusted to be able to be a certifier. So far my speed as a certifier has been phenomenal however Quality doesn't seem to think so but i'll let my results speak for me.

To explain it's an injection molding thing and Certifiers watch cell parts and verify they're good to go to the customer, I trained my brain to look for Every fault just looking at a part and I've done so perfectly for the entire year. this leads to misunderstandings of my ability because there's no Earthly way I can explain how i'm capable of it.

I can't just say to quality that they're too slow to follow at my rate, that my eyes are specifically made for processing speeds like that. So yeah, we can overwork
I am quality control for an aviation repair station station, myself and good enough doesnt work when other people lives are on the line.

I'd say I'm over worked. I've been working 70+ hours a week consistently for months.
For clarification, I work on newly constructed wind turbines. My job is essentially to check over all work that has been conducted by the contractor and then to energize the turbine and connect it to the grid and then a leak check after 24 hours of run time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Janvier
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back