DL's with S.O or married, would like your feed back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beloney

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi,
I don't post stuff too often on here at all but once in a while. Ok, for those who are married or have a significant other, how does your other 1/2 expect you to throw your diapers out?
Can you just put them in the kitchen garbage or your bathroom garbage? It's a hassle to run to the garbage 3-4 times a day.
I just got yelled at because I was throwing my diapers away in the kitchen garbage that has a door on it. I usually throw them in the bathroom, obviously because I change in my room. However, when it gets full or the odor gets too much then I take them either out to the trash or I throw them in the kitchen garbage which is getting full and I'm getting ready to take it out anyhow. I will then spray the cans with scented Lysol to give a fresh scent and get rid of any odor.
What do you do or your partners expect of you. Thank you for all who takes the time to read and reply.

Thx! BP

I keep a quazi diaper pail in the basement. It actually is a covered kitchen garbage container and I put a Fabreeze garbage liner in it. My wet Goodnites go in there. The lid seals the garbage bag and there isn't any smell escaping from it. I pull the drawstring and bag them up on garbage day. Being in the basement they're out of the way as well.

I put my wet nappy into a plastic shopping bag, tie it up so that it want leave a smell and then into the trash making sure that no one else will see it when they open the lid.

same as above just put in a bag and put them in the bin

I just throw them away in the trash. Wifey don't really care. No kids BTW, it would be different then

I have a good garbage can with a lid on the garage, when I change I put my used diaper in a plastic shopping bag, tie it shut then throw it in the garage garbage can, I empty that one once a week when the garbage truck comes.
I wash that garbage can once I month with Lysol to keep it clean, it's actually the cleanest garbage can I have lol

Firehawk said:
I put my wet nappy into a plastic shopping bag, tie it up so that it want leave a smell and then into the trash making sure that no one else will see it when they open the lid.

This is exactly what I do, wife gives me all the grocery bags and i keep them down in the basement, wet diaper goes in them rolled up tight and then the bag is twisted tight and tied, I add them to whatever trash bag is in the trash can thats goes out every saturday morning , no issues she knows but never sees.

I buy cheap qty boxes of galon ziplocs, and use those for any wet diapers, to keep the trash can from getting ripe before I have a chance to take out the trash. Which I usually do 2+ times a week. Most of my trash is wet diapers ;) And yes, those bags (and the can outside) can get surprisingly heavy. A heavily wet overnight diaper can be around 2.5 lbs, and you get 7 of those and add in a handful of less used daytime diapers and that's a good 20-25 lbs of added trash weight a week.

Same as others. Wet diapers in shopping bags and then into kitchen trash when being emptied.

Mine is the other side of the coin.

I do not use them around her, and when I do the cloth diaper goes directly into the wash machine and the load is done within a day, or a basic rinse cycle to hold them for a little while.

When I'm done with one (which is usually after a while, since ABU LittlePawz hold a ton), I usually take it off, IMMEDIATELY bag it up and take it out. Yes its a hassle, but its a lot better than musty used diapers smelling up the place. Plus I get my walking in for the day!

Note though: these are my own personal procedures, not forced on me at all. The S.O. and I don't have a particular rule set in place for when we move in together, but I'm sure that will come eventually.

bambinod said:
And yes, those bags (and the can outside) can get surprisingly heavy. A heavily wet overnight diaper can be around 2.5 lbs, and you get 7 of those and add in a handful of less used daytime diapers and that's a good 20-25 lbs of added trash weight a week.
Lmao you are so right. My mom went to move the trash can lately and asked why it was so heavy. Played stupid of course since she doesn't know I still actively wear.

Once again, shopping bag. I'll usually toss other trash I've accumulated at the same time. Put all my trash into multiple shopping bags and stuff em' into a plain black trash bag and take it to the dumpster.

My preference would be to just roll them up and throw them into the trash. I like seeing the wet diaper when I throw other things away. My wife not so much. So I put them in grocery bags and tie them up first.

DprEffect said:
Lmao you are so right. My mom went to move the trash can lately and asked why it was so heavy. Played stupid of course since she doesn't know I still actively wear.

Normally I wheel out the cans for myself and my elderly neighbor the night before trash, and she takes both of the empties back in the next day while I'm still at work. One day she took my can out before I got to it, and she was asking why it was so heavy... :sweatdrop:

Thing is, the cheap white trash bag liners I use are pretty easy to see colorful things through, and I bag the wet ones in clear ziplocs, so you can pretty easily see diaper tapes and patterns from the outside of the bag, so if she were to open the can and look inside to try to figure out why the weight, she might have more questions...

Same as others, sometimes I just throw them like that and sometimes I put them in plastic bags though I don't like to waste bags that much. But yeah, still.

Hey I have another question to you all,
When you wet during the night, do you just chill in the morning in bed with your wife/ husband before changing a new diaper or do you get up, change and get back in bed??

Do you get remark from your other half like " your diaper is wet? Can you please change it?"

couchesstevenboy said:
Same as others, sometimes I just throw them like that and sometimes I put them in plastic bags though I don't like to waste bags that much. But yeah, still.

Hey I have another question to you all,
When you wet during the night, do you just chill in the morning in bed with your wife/ husband before changing a new diaper or do you get up, change and get back in bed??

Do you get remark from your other half like " your diaper is wet? Can you please change it?"

Nope, I don’t change in the morning for my wife. No reason to, it doesn’t bother her. Actually, when in the right mood she kind of enjoys the whole thing.

If I'm at risk of a leak, then change. otherwise, I'll change when I'm good 'n ready to

In my old place i had an outdoor can with a chute to throw garbage in.
Noe i just hsve a diaper pail.

My wife insists I put them in their own plastic grocery bag tied off - and take them out of the house each day. She might complain if I threw one in the kitchen trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back