Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Which one you like better Cloth or Disposable diaper ? why?🌠🌠🌠

Last edited:
Disposables are best for me. They are the idealized form of diaper that I'm after. Cloth diapers, and particularly plastic pants are fun on occasion but they don't scratch the itch in the same way. The extra effort they require disinclines me further but I think if I felt about them the way I do about disposables, I'd manage it with good humor.

Cloth, it was what I was raised on, cloth/plastic/pins... it is the realism for me. I think that firstly it is what you are used to. Secondly, for many it is about convenience, that is, not many want the initial monetary outlay of cloth and plastic it is expensive to start; then the care, you just don't throw it away it takes storing and then proper cleaning. I think that people that do this clandestinely don't have that ability. They live with their parents/SO/room mates that have no clue about the diapers... so disposable is just easier.

But with all of that said, I don't have any of those issues so I choose cloth. It works for me.

Reactions: Deleted member 47324
Definitely disposables, but mostly due to practicality. (However I also do like the feel and prints.) I'd like to give cloth a serious try at some point, however they're an expensive initial investment and a lot of work to maintain, and atm it just isn't reasonable for me to do that

Last edited:
I wear cloth diapers and PUL diaper covers. Disposables are expensive, and clog landfills. Storing used disposables until the next trash day could also be problematic. Cloth diapers are initially expensive, but pay for themselves over time, the more the cloth diapers are washed the softer and more comfortable they become. I wish I didn't med to wear diapers 24/7 but it is a reality for me. I wore cloth diapers as a child and they remind me of a time when life was simple, now my life is complex, and I'm wearing a diaper, the same I did as a child.

Reactions: windelboy4 and littlemoosey
Disposable diapers for me all the way. My kids don’t know I need diapers and I can quickly dispose the disposable ones in the trash. With cloth i wouldn’t be able to hide it. I have thought about it getting a couple to try though but my wife is very much against cloth diapers.

I like cloth diapers best but I wear disposables most of the time because disposables are easier to clean up with (just throw them away). When I mess, which isn't too often, I use disposables, again because the clean-up is easier.

Cloth for me.

I have no memory of what diapers I wore as a child. But disposable diapers make a noise that I cannot stand, and are an expense that I cannot afford to make.

Plus, they are a unique comfort in their softness and the pressure that they exert on the body. (this might be an aspie thing.)

Reactions: Deleted member 47324
I'm actually hoping to get my first cloth diapers tomorrow. :3

I was brought up on both, actually. Cloth for at home/around town/short trips and a pack of disposies when we were on the road.

I'm hoping that switching to cloth gets rid of this awful wet 'rash' place I have. The disposables are holding moisture there and it's starting to really bug me. :p That and I won't have to worry about if I need to put ointment on that it'll destroy the leak guards or anything.

Prefolds and pins are the first things I reach for. They're what I was raised in, but perhaps more importantly, they were the diapers I had easy access to during the formative years of my DL-ness, so I developed a strong attachment. At the same time, I was curious about disposables from an early age, tried them when I got the chance, and ended up enjoying them also. So my preferences are pretty diverse. Back to the cloth domain, though: I've lately added some all-in-ones (AIOs) to the mix, and they're fun too.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
Prefolds and pins are the first things I reach for. They're what I was raised in, but perhaps more importantly, they were the diapers I had easy access to during the formative years of my DL-ness, so I developed a strong attachment. At the same time, I was curious about disposables from an early age, tried them when I got the chance, and ended up enjoying them also. So my preferences are pretty diverse. Back to the cloth domain, though: I've lately added some all-in-ones (AIOs) to the mix, and they're fun too.
Do you have an AIO you really like? How soft are they? I have considered trying an AIO.

RedPandaDL said:
Do you have an AIO you really like? How soft are they? I have considered trying an AIO.
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with all of mine. They're by DependEco. I've never seen cleaner stitching, and what's more, Monika (owner) is very receptive to doing custom work. In fact, all of my DependEco diapers are custom, including the cover fabric and prints. (Relevant link.) They're certainly not ultra absorbent, but that's par for the course with AIOs. I'll sometimes lie a few baby prefolds or other cloth diapers down the middles of the AIOs so that I can get a little more mileage out of them. Monika also makes booster pads.

Regarding softness, the giraffe-print diaper in my link is very soft. The cover is a soft, fuzzy "minky" material, which a lot of other baby items like plushies and cuddle blankets (and baby diapers) are covered with. The interior padding is also pretty soft (by default). I'm quite happy with it, and just asked for a tan color for the Lion King diaper's padding.

Lots of other AIOs out there, though. Consider this one datapoint!

Last edited:
Reactions: RedPandaDL
Skylinenumber1 said:
Which one you like better Cloth or Disposable diaper ? why?🌠🌠🌠
Both
Disposable because I enjoy the plastic ones and any wettings etc can be easily cleaned up. I seem to get a better fit(tighter) than my AIO cloth.

I wear cloth at night as I don't always use it and don't want to go through my expensive ABDL nappies

I don't know if I'd say I like one type better than the other. They just have different uses for me. I wear cloth during the week when I get home from work, or when I'm visiting family and friends. Also when it's hot out and I need to walk my dog. I don't always wet my cloth diapers. Plastic on the weekends when I know I'll be home for a while and can get a lot of use out of them.

Every once in a while I'll get an urge to wear one or the other outside of those times. Like I'll just be craving the feel of it.

Cloth are also great because I can wear them for a bit, take them off and then put them back on later without wearing out the fasteners.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
I like bulky prefolds for night diapers, I wear contour diapers during the day. I have worn my bulky prefold during the day when I have a washer load of my wet diapers. The bulker diapers make me waddle due to the thickness. Also the prefolds hold a lot more than contour diapers

Cloth diapers and plastic pant cloth diaper from Changing Times Diaper Company are the best

Reactions: steviet and Cottontail
Just ordered more plastic pants from CTDC today

Reactions: redbottomboy
Right now I am in disposable but really want to try cloth diapers once I find the right ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back