Discreet Urine Odor Control Advice (Non-baby smelling products)

YuccaBab

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Carer
Hello friends I'm new here. Gonna post an introduction in a bit but I do have a question.
I'm going 24/7 at the moment and I need a product that kills urine odor that doesn't smell like baby products lol. Like, a cologne scent or something along those lines. Are there any products that exists like this? Baby powder and stuff is fine but I really don't want to go around smelling like a baby 24/7 lol. Lovely to be here on ADISC! :)

Reactions: Angelapinks
You can get some unscented baby powders. I have gotten one brand called Little Twig that had unscented baby powder. The Burts Bees baby powder also has a very subtle scent that doesn't smell as babyish as J&J. Also staying hydrated will reduce urine smell way more than using something to mask the smell

Reactions: Angelapinks
Honestly the best bet to reduce urine odor is to stay properly hydrated. There’s two things that will make you smell like lee - If you’re dehydrated your urine will be concentrated, which will smell more, or not changing regularly. Many high capacity diapers nowadays (such as the NorthShore Supreme & MegaMax) have non-scented odor fighting and can be good for 8-10hrs or more if you’re not dehydrated and your pee is at least mostly clear.

That said... nothing can save you from asparagus pee smell lol :ROFLMAO:

if you find your home smelling like it, sprinkle the carpets and the furniture with baking soda, and then vacuum it up about 20-30 min later

Hydrate, avoid coffee, Hydrate, avoid asparagus, Hydrate, Broccoli = no, Hydrate, say goodbye to Cumin, Curry, and most other spices, Hydrate, say no to smoked or processed meats, Hydrate, forget fish, Hydrate, refined sugar is for other people, Hydrate, banish energy drinks and vitamin supplements containing B vitamins, Hydrate, Onions are now Offions, and finally, Hydrate.

Diapers with high SAP content are better at keeping the scent down and keeping it from turning foul, but you can't cover up or mask the smell. It will over ride any other scent, even if the other scent is stronger. Our noses have over 250 million years of evolution refining our ability to detect these scent markers, and 250 million years to make pee smell the way it does so it can be more easily detected. Short of carrying around a couple of angry skunks to overwhelm the noses of anyone within 50 yards of you, you won't be able to actually mask the smell of pee from anyone. All you can do is make it so light and non-offensive that no one pays attention.

Reactions: windelbby
There are usually trade-offs with diapers.

Hydrating more dilutes your urine and can almost completely eliminate odor. On the other hand if you are for some reason drinking LESS than you need instead of more, your urine will be very easy to smell. The downside of drinking more is you will wet more and need to change more often. (this will also increase your monthly diaper bill)

Your choice of diaper has a big impact on odor. Low sap diapers cost less, start out a bit thicker when dry, but don't swell, but odor is a big problem. When you move, or sit down for example, you're circulating air through urine-saturated pulp, and that's just dumping odor into the air. Higher sap diapers cost more, and may noticeably swell when wet, but can be almost odorless until you get them near capacity.

(so regardless of which way you go there, high or low sap, reducing odor will have a cost - either more diapers, or more expensive diapers)

Others' advice of watching what you eat/drink can help. Avoid foods and drinks that are known to increase urine odor. That one's "free" there's really no tradeoff to not drinking so much coffee.

this is excellent advice, thank you all!

I like to use Old Spice 3 in 1 body wash.
It has eliminated every potty odor I've thrown at it! lol

Google scented oils, there are many different non-baby scents. All you need is two drops in your diaper to keep a fresh odor. While quite wet at work some female coworkers have told me how nice I smell, little did they know how wet I was.

Back