Discord server rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grim

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
hey just looking for a little clarity on something about the rules of the discord server,
i gather that the rules that apply to adisc likewise apply to the adisc discord server,

but other then that is there anything to know?

ive been told something conflicting from a few different people, some say it is a requirement that you must have an adisc account to be allowed in the discord server, and if you join discord without an adisc account you will be banned if you dont make an adisc account.

also ive been told that you are required to use the same name in discord that you use here on the adisc forums. likewise if you dont you will be banned from the discord.

now im also hearing from multiple people that those two rules are not rules and are not required just suggested but it is allowable to ignore those suggestions.

@Moo how bout some clarity how and if those rules really do apply?

also are there any other rules which apply to the discord that dont here on adisc?

- - - Updated - - -

also, bit of a different topic, but can we make a room that is push to talk only? there is a ton of mic spam and hotmicing in the rooms, and i know personally of 5 people who have told me the exact reason they stopped coming into the voice chat is because the people dont use push to talk and thus hotmic ALOT!

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I don't use the discord server, but if I recall correctly, and think you have to use adisc and your screen name for it to work for you. I don't think it has to do with arbitrary rules, but rather, how it works. I could be wrong however.

HoganBunny

Legendary Bun
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
ive been told something conflicting from a few different people, some say it is a requirement that you must have an adisc account to be allowed in the discord server, and if you join discord without an adisc account you will be banned if you dont make an adisc account.

You need an ADISC account to use Discord. Staff/Discord Mods (typically FluffyMastiff) ping users that don't have an account. If they don't create one within ~ 24 hours after being notified of the rules, we'll ban the account until they create an account.

also ive been told that you are required to use the same name in discord that you use here on the adisc forums. likewise if you dont you will be banned from the discord.

Having the same screen name makes things easier when determining if users have an ADISC account, but we aren't banning users over it.

also, bit of a different topic, but can we make a room that is push to talk only? there is a ton of mic spam and hotmicing in the rooms, and i know personally of 5 people who have told me the exact reason they stopped coming into the voice chat is because the people dont use push to talk and thus hotmic ALOT!

Suggestions for new rooms should go in their own thread. It's easier if each thread only addresses one thing. :)

Personally, I think we already have too many rooms - I've almost never seen all 3 used at one time. If microphone noise is an issue, I'd rather have a rule about it and enforce that rule, instead of yet another room.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
hey just looking for a little clarity on something about the rules of the discord server,
i gather that the rules that apply to adisc likewise apply to the adisc discord server,

but other then that is there anything to know?

now im also hearing from multiple people that those two rules are not rules and are not required just suggested but it is allowable to ignore those suggestions.

@Moo how bout some clarity how and if those rules really do apply?

also are there any other rules which apply to the discord that dont here on adisc?

- - - Updated - - -

All the ADISC rules apply to Discord. Including the 18+ rule.

You must have an ADISC account to use Discord. Having at least one (1) post is also required. Though, we don't instantly ban for this - we just demand people create accounts and make a post. Anyone can do that, it takes 5 minutes.

Use of the same name in Discord as you use on ADISC is suggested. But it doesn't need to be your Discord username. You can have whatever you want as your Discord username. Simply click the ADISC server and select 'Set Nickname' to set it to your ADISC name. That way your ADISC name doesn't show up in any other Discords you're in.

Don't misuse Voice Activation Detection to annoy other people, intentionally or otherwise.

grim

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
awesome. thank you all for the replies, some clarity was all i wanted and this does that, so thank you much.

also, thank you thank you thank you so so so much for the new PTT only channel, i love it! as do 2 others ive spoken to so far, i presume the others i alluded to will as well once i hear from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.