Discord & ADISC Forum Integration:

Agent66

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
A disclaimer of sorts: I'm not doing this to start anything, everyone of you have been very
respectful and supportive! Just here me out in the same way I listen to what you have
said. I also figure this location was the best place to post this.
The Situation:
Yesterday I logged onto the forums for the first time in a while, I sail and sometimes
I have limited internet access however that's improving currently. Back to the post,
I noticed that ADISC had a discord and got really excited. I have discord on my
phone and when there is no internet, I can use my unlimited data plan. In English with
discord I can better keep connected to the great staff and amazing members who
share their stories and help people everyday. I'd be able to help in a more supportive
manner as well. That being said I ran into a road block. I will say I did read only after joining
the discord server that your discord must be connected to the forums website.
I figured it was optional and only found out after re-reading that it's a requirement.
The Question:
What I want to know is could the staff re-asses and please see if there
are other manners to identify that your are legitimately from the Forum?
Like other verify or authentication process?

Lastly I want to mention I'm not complaining at all and if the manner
of intake for members from the forum into your discord server stands,
I'll just continue to use the forum and publicly note my discord username
and tag for those who would like to DM me.

I'm a bit confused on your wording, what is your question?
Is it about the linking system? Because if you aren't connected, you have to disconnect and reconnect

Agent66 said:
What I want to know is could the staff re-asses and please see if there
are other manners to identify that your are legitimately from the Forum?
Like other verify or authentication process?
We used to have a system where we'd verify people were from the forum one time by asking for their ID. It did not work very well.
We ended up spending a significant amount of time asking people, and manually updating roles, to say nothing of problem cases like a member who verifies and later gets banned.
In the end, we decided an automated system would be better, and that is what we have now.
You link your account, and it automatically recognizes your Discord account from then on, gives you appropriate roles, etc.
It is much faster for members to use, and much more convenient for the staff (who no longer have to update every account manually).

Last edited:
Reactions: Agent66 and JaysonTheRegressor
Moo said:
We used to have a system where we'd verify people were from the forum one time by asking for their ID. It did not work very well.
We ended up spending a significant amount of time asking people, and manually updating roles, to say nothing of problem cases like a member who verifies and later gets banned.
In the end, we decided an automated system would be better, and that is what we have now.
You link your account, and it automatically recognizes your Discord account from then on, gives you appropriate roles, etc.
It is much faster for members to use, and much more convenient for the staff (who no longer have to update every account manually).
Thank you @Moo for assisting me in clarification on the discord verify issue. I just don't link things directly to discord I guess for me it's scary. I'll think this over: I may just say in the forum, maybe one day there will be a new method that's fair [for] those in my situation.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond I'm grateful for the fact that you explained it to me in a more easy to understand manner.

Last edited:
Back