Disappointed with Tena Slip Active Fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sveve91

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I bought a pack of Tena's new Slip Active fit (Maxi) and I'm really disappointed. Every single nappy had pin hole leaks, so they were pretty useless. How can a brand new product still have this problem? And compared with the old one's they were a little on the small side, with not enough padding at the front either, so I wouldn't trust them for night time.

Has anyone else came across these pin hole leaks with the active fit? I might give the Ultima's a try when they become available in the UK, but I won't be buying the maxi's again :thumbdown:

Ah that's really strange, I haven't had this problem with them. Did you buy them from Savexpress?

sveve91 said:
I bought a pack of Tena's new Slip Active fit (Maxi) and I'm really disappointed. Every single nappy had pin hole leaks, so they were pretty useless. How can a brand new product still have this problem? And compared with the old one's they were a little on the small side, with not enough padding at the front either, so I wouldn't trust them for night time.

Has anyone else came across these pin hole leaks with the active fit? I might give the Ultima's a try when they become available in the UK, but I won't be buying the maxi's again :thumbdown:

The tena slip ultima is available in the UK

Ah TENA Slip, you had me for years and years and years through multiple upgrades until you betrayed me and started making cost reduced GARBAGE in Asia rather than Europe.

TENA products are now like fast food to me, cheap, bad for you, and just doesn't do the job.

Except in NZ and Australia where they are the best on the market. But I think it is a different make here.

Bby said:
The tena slip ultima is available in the UK

The ConfioAir version is, but the plastic backed Active Fit (which I think @sveve91 is talking about) isn't yet, and probably won't be until towards the end of this year.

I've had these tiny holes with earlier plastic backed Maxi versions as well.

You should contact your supplier and explain the defect, also asking for another shipment or a refund.

There must e some defect on your pack, i have used several and never had any leaks from them, however they can as most other diapers wick trou to say tight cottonpants so avoid that ( i use pu pants to avoid this and any smell if wearing outside)

Never had a problem with maxi's but I had a bad pack of Tena Super slips that were porous. I just wore plastic pants over them until I had used them up.

I know exactly what you mean! Pin hole leaks where osmosis occurs, & under pressure the liquid squeezes through the inconsistencies in the plastic. I'm afraid this is due to the NEW Bi-degradable material used. I actually had this with Cuddlz nappies believe it or not. I couldn't believe it!

The thing you have to realise is TENA are no more. They are under pressure by Europe or what ever to make products that are friendly to the environment, cheap, appealing to their majority geriatric consumer, & thin enough to ship as many as possible for profits. It's sad because they had a GOOD product. It was simple - 3 types; Blue, Green, & Purple. ALL plastic. It worked.

But now they have FAR too many lines that quite frankly suck balls, sound generic, & confuses everyone. I mean.. "Ultima"? REALLY? They are so confused. Possibly desperate. Flex, Slip, Active Fit.. it gets worse & worse. I shan't be investing in any more Tena stock ever again that's for sure. I E-mailed them back when they changed their product to that AWFUL fabric back, & they really didn't care.

Save your money, wear less often - make it a special occasion, & buy ABU Space. They are the real deal.

Try Attends Active Slip M10 or L10 ( depends of your size). Excellent diapers .

I haven't had any problems with them, i think they're great. The padding could be a bit bigger in general, but that's my only "complaint".

Thanks for the reply's, maybe I've just had a bad batch. I will give the Ultima's a try when I get a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back