Disability getting the best of me.

lilshelly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
As you all may know I am one of the ones that has the disability of Cerebral Palsy. I try not to let it bother me. I push myself harder than most to do the things that I do each day. I am almost 40 years old about 5 months away from it. I am not by no means ready to slow down. I know I will end up in a wheel chair at some point but I am hopeful that I will be at least close to 60 before that happens.
I was given a little bit of a reality check this week. I put 52 hours in this week. I did a lot of walking which I do anyway but being on my feet for the extra 4 hours a day really bothered my legs. I came home dead on my feet did it again the next day and the day after and so on. I am sure that anyone would be tired but I also find myself in a bit of pain. I am not ready to give up but I have to admit things are not getting any easier. I am thinking about looking for another line of work as I work retail and I am physically on my feet most of my shift walking the floors. I just don't want to admit defeat.

At 61, I am not in a wheelchair yet, but I am really slowing down.
I have days when I myself have difficulty crutching around.

Back