difficulty with diapers

Carnifex said:
I am trying the pull-ups after that I will be changing my diaper to a abena m4
also can I add you as a friend on here?

ltaluv said:
After years of lying on my back to put on diapers, I finally discovered that it's much easier to get them positioned right when I'm standing up. I stand in front of the mirror in the bathroom so I can see what I'm doing, then pull the back of the diaper across the small of my back, center it on my body, and lean back against the wall to hold it. Then I pull the front of the diaper between my legs and spread the front wings out across my waist. This let's me judge the height of the diaper in both the front and back by looking in the mirror. I tape the upper tapes first (which is against most advice I've seen, but it works better for me this way) and make sure that the front is centered and the tapes are at the same height on both sides. Then I pull the lower tapes snug and fatten them, again taking care to get them even on both sides.

Being able to see the tapes in the mirror without craning my neck saves a lot of effort, and adjusting the position of the diaper on my body while standing is much easier than adjusting the position of my body on the diaper while lying down.

As others have said, make sure you're wearing the right size. When I started wearing diapers, I tended to get them too small, and it took me a while to realize that they should come well above my belt line. Someone else said up to your belly button, which is about right - I end up with the to of the diaper maybe two finger widths below my belly button.
Thanks for the help, also can I add you as a friend on here?

DanielW said:
I'm not exactly sure what is happening, but it sounds like the diaper might be too small for you.
thanks for your help, also can I add you as a friend on here?

This might be your cerebral palsy being a PITA. I know you can stand, and walk, but, for this, it may pay off for you to sit. There aren't any videos showing how, so I'll be as descriptive as possible. For the record, I know tabbed diapers can be hell on cerebrally palsied people. I hate bloody tabs!

Try this.

Find any comfortable chair with a back, sit the open diaper in the chair, sit down atop it, then, bring the front up, and do the tapes. I prefer bottom first.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
This might be your cerebral palsy being a PITA. I know you can stand, and walk, but, for this, it may pay off for you to sit. There aren't any videos showing how, so I'll be as descriptive as possible. For the record, I know tabbed diapers can be hell on cerebrally palsied people. I hate bloody tabs!

Try this.

Find any comfortable chair with a back, sit the open diaper in the chair, sit down atop it, then, bring the front up, and do the tapes. I prefer bottom first.
thanks for your help.

GabeG23 said:
thanks for your help.
Gabe: go to Forums/Articles/ABDL Community/How to put on a diaper and How to wear diapers in public

Back