difficulty with diapers

GabeG30

I wear diapers due to Cerebral Palsy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hey guys question this might be weird but I have been having issues with putting on my diapers, I followed every article there is and still nothng I tried to lay flat but I am not sure exactly where to plop down on the diaper i tried to go for the middle and sometimes when i pull the diapers between my legs sometimes its too short like the tapes can't reach or when the tapes reach and the diaper is on taped the padded part on the front of the diaper is all smushed in. is there a easier way i can get my diapers on easier without these issues? I am using northshore air premium in size medium I look forward to hearing from you guys thanks. Please feel free to pm me as well. please no negative comments.

Out of curiosity: Your measurements? Waist? Rise?

Sometimes, when things seem futile, it’s because they are. :) My mind’s eye is failing me a bit here (not sure how to interpret the “smushed in” thing), but if the diaper seems a little low and is grabbing the sides of your hips more than hanging from the tops of your hips, you may need a large. And I would sympathize, because I’m one of those whose waist measurement is squarely within the range of most medium diapers, but most medium diapers are too short to accommodate my rise. I wonder if you might be similarly cursed.

Make sure you are using the right size diapers if the tape is not reaching then I think you should go one size bigger and the diapers should reach around your belly button in the front

Cottontail said:
Out of curiosity: Your measurements? Waist? Rise?

Sometimes, when things seem futile, it’s because they are. :) My mind’s eye is failing me a bit here (not sure how to interpret the “smushed in” thing), but if the diaper seems a little low and is grabbing the sides of your hips more than hanging from the tops of your hips, you may need a large. And I would sympathize, because I’m one of those whose waist measurement is squarely within the range of most medium diapers, but most medium diapers are too short to accommodate my rise. I wonder if you might be similarly cursed.
my hips and waist size is 32x32 whicfh is medium in panrs but i can fit into large, hope this helps.

Carnifex said:
Make sure you are using the right size diapers if the tape is not reaching then I think you should go one size bigger and the diapers should reach around your belly button in the front
thanks for the help.

DanielW said:
I'm not exactly sure what is happening, but it sounds like the diaper might be too small for you.
thanks for the help.

I had the same problem wearing Tena small my waist size should work but they are just a little bit small but will still work but I like something a bit bigger

Carnifex said:
I had the same problem wearing Tena small my waist size should work but they are just a little bit small but will still work but I like something a bit bigger
[/Q

:)Thanks for help again

You are welcome just try different diapers and sizes and it will work out for you

Carnifex said:
You are welcome just try different diapers and sizes and it will work out for you
just out of curiosity what diapers do you use? and where do you get them from?

After years of lying on my back to put on diapers, I finally discovered that it's much easier to get them positioned right when I'm standing up. I stand in front of the mirror in the bathroom so I can see what I'm doing, then pull the back of the diaper across the small of my back, center it on my body, and lean back against the wall to hold it. Then I pull the front of the diaper between my legs and spread the front wings out across my waist. This let's me judge the height of the diaper in both the front and back by looking in the mirror. I tape the upper tapes first (which is against most advice I've seen, but it works better for me this way) and make sure that the front is centered and the tapes are at the same height on both sides. Then I pull the lower tapes snug and fatten them, again taking care to get them even on both sides.

Being able to see the tapes in the mirror without craning my neck saves a lot of effort, and adjusting the position of the diaper on my body while standing is much easier than adjusting the position of my body on the diaper while lying down.

As others have said, make sure you're wearing the right size. When I started wearing diapers, I tended to get them too small, and it took me a while to realize that they should come well above my belt line. Someone else said up to your belly button, which is about right - I end up with the to of the diaper maybe two finger widths below my belly button.

ltaluv said:
After years of lying on my back to put on diapers, I finally discovered that it's much easier to get them positioned right when I'm standing up. I stand in front of the mirror in the bathroom so I can see what I'm doing, then pull the back of the diaper across the small of my back, center it on my body, and lean back against the wall to hold it. Then I pull the front of the diaper between my legs and spread the front wings out across my waist. This let's me judge the height of the diaper in both the front and back by looking in the mirror. I tape the upper tapes first (which is against most advice I've seen, but it works better for me this way) and make sure that the front is centered and the tapes are at the same height on both sides. Then I pull the lower tapes snug and fatten them, again taking care to get them even on both sides.

Being able to see the tapes in the mirror without craning my neck saves a lot of effort, and adjusting the position of the diaper on my body while standing is much easier than adjusting the position of my body on the diaper while lying down.

As others have said, make sure you're wearing the right size. When I started wearing diapers, I tended to get them too small, and it took me a while to realize that they should come well above my belt line. Someone else said up to your belly button, which is about right - I end up with the to of the diaper maybe two finger widths below my belly button.
thanks for the help, just out of curiosity what diapers do you use? and where do you get them from?

GabeG23 said:
just out of curiosity what diapers do you use? and where do you get them from?
I am currently wearing a Liv dry overnight pull up but I have abena m4 atn Medline extended wear dignity compose Tena small mkesson heavy and assorted pull up and I just search for deals on the internet

Carnifex said:
I am currently wearing a Liv dry overnight pull up but I have abena m4 atn Medline extended wear dignity compose Tena small mkesson heavy and assorted pull up and I just search for deals on the internet
cool:)

I am trying the pull-ups after that I will be changing my diaper to a abena m4

GabeG23 said:
Hey guys question this might be weird but I have been having issues with putting on my diapers, I followed every article there is and still nothng I tried to lay flat but I am not sure exactly where to plop down on the diaper i tried to go for the middle and sometimes when i pull the diapers between my legs sometimes its too short like the tapes can't reach or when the tapes reach and the diaper is on taped the padded part on the front of the diaper is all smushed in. is there a easier way i can get my diapers on easier without these issues? I am using northshore air premium in size medium I look forward to hearing from you guys thanks. Please feel free to pm me as well. please no negative comments.
Yes, stuff is hard to do until a Big helps out.

Once you are more-or-less in the proper place clasp the rear edges and the front edges while lifting your tush.

Snuggle downwards while holding the diaper up. Get a good fit before paying the slightest attention to tapes or pins.

From there, even a baby might be able to finish the job. If not, call a Big

DocBrown said:
Yes, stuff is hard to do until a Big helps out.

Once you are more-or-less in the proper place clasp the rear edges and the front edges while lifting your tush.

Snuggle downwards while holding the diaper up. Get a good fit before paying the slightest attention to tapes or pins.

From there, even a baby might be able to finish the job. If not, call a Big
Thanks for the help.

GabeG23 said:
Thanks for the help.
Thank you and mind your manners. That "like" button is the real thanks ;-)

DocBrown said:
Thank you and mind your manners. That "like" button is the real thanks ;-)
also can I add you as a friend on here?

Back