• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaius

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I was just curious as to what affect the level of difficulty of potty training has on *B/DLism or visa versa. In my toilet training experience apparently I was very stubborn and continued to bed wet until I was 11.

babyboy

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
How about, I don't remember potty training but wet the bed till X options.

I know I was potted trained, it is obvious as I have the skill, but I just don't remember it much, I only remember 1 thing about it and that is that I remember the first day of it, I was not allowed to go outside because I was being pottied trained at the time I thought it was some kind of punishment and thought it was unfair that I could not go outside and play, but that is my only memory of potty training.

angelabauer

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Although I do not remember it, Mom tells me I was toilet-trained days by 28 months and at night at 33 months. Like all my sisters, my bladder was small and over active, so for trips and special events Mom asked us to wear diapers. One of my first clear memories was being changed a few weeks before I turned 4 and later that day watching my big sister, who was 9, being changed.

On trips I often did not wet, but only when we could not stop for a potty break. Then I reverted to bedwetting at puberty, as did all my sisters.

bob111

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
You poll options are not very flexible.

I was dry at 2.5 years old, all in one shot.

The only connection to DL or ABism and potty trainning is how it was treated and perseved. Not the potty trainning itself, but how the diapers where managed and perceived by the child and the parents during the critical anal phase.

I'd probably have to start a research on the subject.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Eh, I was potty trained by three, maybe four. But I can remember wearing pull-ups for night-time up until I was about five years old. TO bad I didn't have any likings for diapers then, hehe, funny how that works.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I was potty trained in full at about 3 years.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I have to say that I think the potty training and bedwetting are two different animals. I had difficulty with soiling on and off, decreasing over time until I was in middle school, primarily because of behavioral (psych) issues, not for lack of potty training. Reflecting back, I think I was subconsciously ignoring the signals because I was completely engrossed in whatever I was doing. Or maybe it WAS rebelling against the potty. My bedwetting wasn't a product of training (or lack of) it just happened. I endured the alarms, being awakened and even medication to combat it, to no avail. Cold sheets and a lack of sleep was all I got out of it.

I was still very young (5ish) when I found a stash of diapers and my desires became known to me. I don't remember wearing them at night ( but I think I remember wearing plastic pants at one point ) but I sure did when I could get away with it.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My parents never told me of any difficulty that I had during potty training, so I can only assume it went just fine. I never had a bedwetting problem, and have only wet the bed on a few random occasions in my entire (post potty training) life.

Lightning

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
As far as I'm aware I had no difficulty and was fully trained by the time I was 3. No bedwetting problems either.

S

soren456

I could ask my mom, but I don't want her conjuring up those images in her head so she can answer me.

*shudders*

I can say that it was successful, and that I have no memory of it. ("No memory" should have been a poll option.)

I also believe that bedwetting is not a toilet-training issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I was potty trained way early on ~12 months, this I believe to be a contributing factor towards me TB/Dl tendancies. My mum is proud of this happening early on. If only she knew.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I was trained around the time that is normal in the day time and incredibly easily at night time. So I think that fit's your easy as pie. No problems what so ever, but not done stupidly early either. I was pretty close to the averages for training times, according to what my parents said.

Gaius

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
To the folks who believe that potty training and bedwetting are separate issues, I think you are mistaken. This is not a personal attack but I think the data speaks for itself, 66% of the bedwetters in the poll so far had difficulty toilet training. Although it is maybe a bit early to call it. Hopefully some more people will answer and we can attempt to draw some conclusions from this.

doubledbbw

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I was a difficult potty trainer and bed wetter. I wet my bed until I was past my 9th birthday. I also wet during the day until well past my 4th birthday. I wore cloth diapers and plastic pants at night for my bed wetting and thick training pants with terry lined plastic pants until I started Kindergarten. I still had accidents at school and this happened mostly when I was taking my nap while in Kindergarten.

dlt88

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My parents have plenty of horror stories from my potty training times......They have said on numerous occasions that I hated to have my diaper changed but never really wanted to give them up. I was the first born and the first grand child, so spoiled was an understatement. They just let me do what I wanted...so I was in diapers until I was almost 5....ha. They said one day I just decided I didn't want to wear them anymore and that was that. They've never mentioned anything about bed wetting.....

I don't know if my late potty training factors into anything or not....evidently I was ready to give them up, so its not like I was deprived or anything.......

D

daria7483

I went for the "difficult during the day and bedwetting until age 5" option, although I think I was dry at night around the same time that I finally potty trained, which was around age 3.5 years. I did wet the bed a couple of times when I was in the 8-10 range though. Not sure why.

I'm not entirely sure if it has any connections to me being an AB, but I do know that my mom probably had bad timing. My parents split up a few months before my third birthday and they sold their house and my mom moved to a small apartment with me, while my dad bought a townhouse across town. That was around the same time my mom seriously started the potty training (earlier attempts hadn't been successful and had only lasted a day or so). There weren't any pull-ups then, so for months the cycle was, put me in underwear for a few days, get increasingly frustrated, scold me, put me back in diapers, etc. And meanwhile we were both going through the emotional ramifications of the divorce. I like to think I'll be a more patient parent during this process since I have memories of my mom screaming at me, but I know she did the best she could at the time.

S

soren456

To the folks who believe that potty training and bedwetting are separate issues, I think you are mistaken. This is not a personal attack but I think the data speaks for itself, 66% of the bedwetters in the poll so far had difficulty toilet training. Although it is maybe a bit early to call it. Hopefully some more people will answer and we can attempt to draw some conclusions from this.

Oh, please. If you think you can draw any conclusions from a poll like this, you are deluded.

Your sample is far too small and too specialized, the poll relies upon much guesswork and is completely self-reported. In no genuinely scientific sense is it valid.

Have fun with it. But don't lose sight of its considerable limitations.:educate:

Last edited by a moderator:
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I had a pretty easy potty training at 2.5 years old, but I continued to wet the bed until I was 16. Even now I have a wet night every three or four months.

bobbyjeff

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was told that I was an easy potty train, but a forced one. My mom had to put me in daycare for a job, and they started charging more every year after two that you weren't potty trained. My folks were barely making ends meet as it was, so they pushed me very hard to be potty trained to both save money on diapers and to save on daycare expenses. (those parts of the story were mostly told to me as they are pretty far back in my memory of a young age)

It worked for daycare, but I was fairly obstinate and I would intentionally have wetting accidents to try and get attention. It kind of came to a draw where I would be fine during the day, but at night I'd either be a stubborn toddler and wet myself or I'd just fall asleep somewhere in the middle of something like small children tend to and sometimes have wetting accidents, so I continued to wear diapers at home and at night for some time after the initial potty training. It didn't last a whole long time as my mother eventually cut it off, but I loved the comfort and relaxation of being able to still be spoiled like a toddler at home while having to be a "big boy" during the day. To make a long story short, my younger sibling was born when I was five, long after the diapering had stopped, but it threw me pretty hard and I had a hard time coping with not being the center of attention so I began wetting again to get attention and feel like I was the baby again getting attention.

To this day, diapers are mainly a comfort/stress thing for me. Taking a day to just sit around be totally lazy and free in a diaper all day is about as close as an active adult can be to that idealized time of carefree youth. A day like that every few weeks can really take the edge off of a stressful job, exhausting hobbies, and the challenges of a newish marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.