Difference between Tena Ultra and Super

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I can't figure out which one is more absorbent. They look almost the same, and there does not seem to be any indication on the sites I've looked at. Does anyone know which one is better? I've always wanted to try them.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Hmm...I can't help you there, I'm afraid, because Tena uses a different absorbency rating for their European diapers:
Plus (blue color)
Super (green color)
Maxi (purple color)
(from lowest to highest absorbeny).

Peachy

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Might be wrong but I would believe Maxi would be Ultra for you.

Cake

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
The Ultra ones are the most absorbent.

Jon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Thanks! I will be ordering some soon. My goal is to try as many different brands as possible.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
don't bother man... it's really a waste of money... they are cloth covered and crappy... I haven't found anywhere that stocks the euro style tenas...

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
I think I can help you out, the difference between the super and the ultra is the absorbancy level. The ulltras are more geared towards day use. The supers tend to lean towards a "nighttime diaper". I have used both and the supers do absorb a good bit more. However, I won't buy them anymore because they have switched to the cloth backing and wierd tape tabs. Well I hope this answered your question.

dirtbike4x4

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I haven't been here that long, but i've seen a far number of posts and threads rating/reviewing various diapers and I think we should develope some sort of diaper rating system.
Like:
Rate on a scale of 1 to 10
Absorbancy
Babyishness (please forgive me if thats not a real word)
Fit
Value

Also wether it is:
Pull-up or tape on
adult diaper or baby diaper
plastic covered or cloth covered
etc

I don't know what yall think, but i think it would be nice to have some sort of consistent rating system like that.

Role
Diaper Lover
Why is everything that I am interested in so much better in europe! :crybaby:
Move. Don't go down with the ship. UK is very good, I was planning to move to study (ICL is now something like the 4th best in the world)

I find it concerning so many are switching to cloth covering. So much worse in every way, except for the environment. But I don't like the environment. It's such a shame oil supplies are so badly running out when there are so many more uses for oil than burning in transport.
I hope we can find a way to synthesise or recycle plastics. It would suck badly to have to go with cloth

trevorboy69

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Ultra's are the thinner less absorbent diaper, the super's are the green, more absorbent night-time diaper but both are cloth covered.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Well... I hate to say it... but I've had a change of heart.

I got a good deal on a case of Tena Supers off of e-bay and have been wearing them 24/7 for a little over a week now. I must say I'm really impressed. They're quiet... comfortable... and highly absorbant. You get used to the cloth covering after a day or so... it's not as big a deal as I thought it would be.

To all of you out there that would knock these... give 'em a try... they will suprise you.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
To all of you out there that would knock these... give 'em a try... they will suprise you.

HAHA! Dude...you were like advocating how much they sucked this whole post and you never tried them? Well I was planning to try some next restock I need which is coming very soon, and I was not going to get them because of this thread. I have always heard they were really good regardless of the cloth, until I saw this thread made me think those other people were wrong. Well I never had a cloth back diaper before, but it can't be that bad, I mean yeah you loose the babyish feeling to the outside, but who cares that part is the part that touches your skin the least, plus there is sooo much more to a diaper than just the outter covering. To everyone who says they hate cloth covering, do not knock it until you try it please! It is sending out false information to people.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
HAHA! Dude...you were like advocating how much they sucked this whole post and you never tried them?
I tried them about a year ago... dunno what's different now... but I didn't much care for them then.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i kind of like cloth-backed diapers. they're all soft and cozy, and it's really nice somehow that it feels a lot like you're just wearing ordinary underwear only you can pee in it! the smooth crinkly plastic is nice too, but it's not such a big deal to me that a lot of diapers are cloth-backed these days.

i had a big package of tena ultras for a while and i liked them. they were good, discrete diapers to wear in the daytime since they didn't crinkle and i could fold the top down so they didn't show much above my pants. they're thinner and less absorbent than things like molicares and abenas, but that's not always a bad thing.

crinklyjas

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
hiya,

The UK tena are good, i just got some large maxi and have been very impressed.

Jammie

Status
Not open for further replies.