• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Yes we did, even my high school did it. I once wore my slippers to school as shoes.

bambinobaby

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Yes, we had it, too. I distinctly remember in elementary school that several of my classmates wore footed sleepers. I always wondered if they were diapered at night, too, or even if they were wearing diapers to school under their footed sleepers!

dangermouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Like most in England, we just had non-uniform days. Sometimes there'd be a charity collection as a 'fee' for wearing regular clothes. Though I generally preferred uniforms at school.

To be honest though, kids PJs in Britain were boring, especially in the 80s. Just small versions of adult PJs. Even today they're nothing special compared to US kids PJs (and are less likely to fit a small adult like me unlike US ones :D).

Would have been fantastic to have a PJ day if we all had cute or cool PJs and especially footed PJs. Footed PJs just don't exists here except for babies.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Carer
Well I am in college right now so almost everyday is a pj day, seriously standardized education is a joke pjs or not

Kiani

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Other
We didnt have pajama day at our school this year. We had a "spirit week" where we got to do a bunch of different stuff like "International day, red white and blue day, and twin day." They chose our spirit week, on a week that only had three school days in it. That ment that we would only have three days to do stuff. Needless to say, all of our days sucked. The only one I liked was Red, White, and Blue day because one of my friends looked really cute in her short'shorts and scarf made out of red, white, and blue tassles.

It was nice to see some people protest and wear pajamas into school. One of my friends even had footie pajamas! They were so cute!

I think that next year we are having pajama day, as well as some other good ones.

SomebodyE

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
We had spirit week when I was in high school. I don't recall a pajama day, but we had hippy, cowboy/western, camouflage, crazy hair, and super hero days. A lot of people dressed up on Halloween too.

I feel sorry for all the people who went to anal retentive schools with uniforms and crap like that. We had a dress code, but it was basically common sense rules for dressing in public. The only thing they did that ticked a lot of people off was banning cell phones.

LaramFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
Nope.

We Have About 2 Non-School-Uniform Days A Year, £1 To Participate, It Go's To Charity. I Actually Like My Uniform, It's Smart, And I Look Really Smart In It With My Glasses On, I've Been Told, And My Normal Clothes Are... Well... Nothing Interesting. I Have A Ton Of Military Kit, Camoflage Clothes Etc. So Up Till 2 Years Ago, I'd Go As A Soldier. Now I Just Wear My Uniform.

ZombifiedKitty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Like Ace's highschool we had a spirit week. PJ day, twin day, colors day (every class had its color). Funny thing was I hitched a ride to school with a friend of mine one class up and he comes to school looks around the halls and is like 'why the hell is everyone copying me by wearing PJs.....oh wait'. It wasn't uncommon for people to wear PJ bottoms on occasion at my school.

dangermouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I feel sorry for all the people who went to anal retentive schools with uniforms and crap like that.
A number of schools in Britain tried ditching uniforms but both the parents and kids usually decided uniforms were better and went back to them.

Modern uniforms are fairly trendy these days as well.

Main thing is they remove a distraction and separate school life from home life. The kids concentrate more and aren't competing with each other over their "look", and the reputation of the school improves.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Plus wearing uniforms makes you look smarter and more presentable.

I can't help but find it disgraceful that some schools allow people to go to school regularly in PJs or PJ bottoms!

Talula

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
At my school, the closest we ever got to a non uniform day was 'Whacky Tie Day'. Our uniform regulations were very very strict - we even had THREE(or more depending on what sports you chose) PE uniforms! Regulation school shoes ("Black leather low heeled lace ups" - try buying them past age 12 :p)

Our whacky tie days were always a big thing, it was the most freedom we ever got. One year that especially pushed the boat out and let us have a Whacky Tie, Tights and Socks day - woo hoo *rolls eyes*

Twice a year the whole school did a 13mile sponsored walk in the hills behind our school, and a lot of people took this as an opportunity to dress up. People went in kilts, some dressed up in capes, and my friends and I were fairies.

At the last school I went to (for 6 months) in the time I was there there were 4 non-uniform days. But the unform was so lax it felt like a non uniform day everyday.

At my Brownie pack which I'm a leader of, we had a pyjama party a few months back. Everyone came to the meeting in pyjamas, with a bathrobe and slippers, and we watched a disney movie and ate some popcorn, then we played some silly 'sleepover' games, then they all went home (whew).

tbtimmy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Oh, my school in Hong Kong have pajama day (once a year), dress down day (every month), crazy hat day (every year) and crazy hair day (every year). The pajama day is only for grade 1-6. It was fun though. Really miss those times... :(

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
My school district only did that for the younger grades (1-4). We have spirit week in my high school, but a lot of people wear pajamas to school already as it is.

diapersrulez

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Carer
my schools didn't have a pj-day. A shame, to my opinion

Dark Bringer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yeah, we had pyjama day, though we actually had it in High School. If I remember correctly it was part of spirit week, where each day of that week had some theme to it. I remember pyjama's was one day, then "twin" day where you and a friend dressed identical, and I think sport's day too. I forget what the rest were.

same here. we had school day where you wore uniforms or shirts with the school logo, twin day, 80's day and color day for spirit week.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Yes!
These were so much fun. Some teachers especially took it to heart and gave us some time to just lay around with a pillow and read Dr. Seuss. (Yes, we brought pillows and stuffed animals and everything. x] Gaaah. Fun.)

jter42

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Other
Yea we've had um on several occasions. All spirit weeks to. I never wore my PJ bottoms seeing as I'd get joked for the rest of the year.

To all schools who force kids to wear uniforms I say this:

Thats just sad period.

If my mom ever made me move to a school that required uniforms, I would go in there on the 1st day with my best clothes on and say this to them when they saw me:

"Ya know what your right I'm not wearing my uniform."

"Why you ask?" "Because the uniform is 2 things, 1 its a damn joke. 2 its gay as hell."

I swear on my life I'd say that. I've been in much worse trouble than profanity and disrespect.

F

Falkio

An actual themed day? Not in my high-school. Ever. Homeschoolers don't really need one. :D

But I could show up to my community college wearing pajamas if I *really* wanted to. Probably not going to happen, but still technically an option. Spirit week in my local means wearing a jersey, or related sports apparel.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
We had pajama day during spirit week in my schools (both junior high grades 7-9 and high school grades 10-12). I don't remember doing much for those as I was a pretty boring kid and didn't really sleep in anything (literally...) so I just wore my usual jeans and a t-shirt those days. We also had kindergarten day, beach day, formal day, twin day, colour day (each grade had a certain colour they had to dress with). The funniest I remember was someone wearing sandals, sunscreen on his nose, oversized 90's neon sunglasses, and an undersized lifejacket for beach day :rolleyes:

It was a lot of fun and usually happened right when most classes were finishing up anyway. I feel sorry for anyone who didn't get to experience such a thing when they were in school. I mean, unless you work for Ricky Gervais or Steve Carell, once you graduate you won't get to do things like that again - you'll be in the "real world" :eek:

I would have hated school if I had to dress in a uniform every day. Say what you will about looking smarter and being prepared for the real world, but if you take things away from kids and shelter them, they'll go nuts if they ever get an inch of freedom (see: post earlier about non-uniform days failing at uniform schools)

Just my 2c :)

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
The seniors at my school got in trouble for setting up a pajama day without permission from the principle; they were all sent home. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.