Votes: 57 65.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 34.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aj1983

Here's a topic I havnt seen on the site so far, Pyjama Day! When I was a kid in elementry school every year they would have it. We would all wear PJs to school for the day and it was awesome. I remember thinking how cute everyone looked in their PJs, I should of realized then I was a AB, lol :biggrin:

Anyways, Is this a common thing around the world that lots of schools do? Anyone have any stories to share about it? Did it help turn anyone else into a AB maybe? I dunnos, I just felt like making a poll here cause I never have before :smile1:

Scratchpaws

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I SOOO wish my schools had pajama day! That wouldve been the best thing EVER! But here in the Netherlands I guess they haven't heard of it or my school didn't care :(

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yeah, we had pyjama day, though we actually had it in High School. If I remember correctly it was part of spirit week, where each day of that week had some theme to it. I remember pyjama's was one day, then "twin" day where you and a friend dressed identical, and I think sport's day too. I forget what the rest were.

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My school has a pajama day as part of it's spirit week, between crazy hat day and favorite jersey day. I may way a sleeper to school on my senior year. I'll only see anyone who want's to bomb me for a few months after it, so why not go for it?

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Yeah, we had it all the time in grade school, at least 2 or 3 times a year. We also had it at the daycare I went to a lot, and a couple times in highschool. :)

Jewbacca

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Every day could've been pyjama day, there was usually at least one person wearing pyjamas to the first class of each day.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
No.

We had non-uniform days, but they cancelled those because people messed around.

Do people take PJ days seriously? In English do you discuss the poems of Shakespeare whilst wearing your bunny PJs or whatever? :p
Or does everybody just check out the 'hot chick' whose wearing the revealing PJs, or generally prat about?

I just find it funny to picture a normal school day happening in PJs, as the non-uniform days people didn't do any work.

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Nope. My school had no PJ Day, or Swim Clothes Day, or Bathrobe Day, or any other [item of clothing]-Day. Weird concept really for a school. As Charlie pointed out - it would distract from the main focus of the school (learning new stuff), and what about the people who don't wear PJs, swom clothes, bathrobes or any other specific item of clothing?

Peachy

A

aj1983

Nope. My school had no PJ Day, or Swim Clothes Day, or Bathrobe Day, or any other [item of clothing]-Day. Weird concept really for a school. As Charlie pointed out - it would distract from the main focus of the school (learning new stuff), and what about the people who don't wear PJs, swom clothes, bathrobes or any other specific item of clothing?

I only had it in the younger grades (ages 12 and under) where it wasn't such a distraction to the school day. It was just a fun thing for the school to do i guess, it can't all be about the work :smile1: Nothing happened to the kids who didnt wear PJs, was just a normal day but most people wore PJs. Sort of like casual-fridays that some businesses have where employees don't have to wear a suit.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I remember wearing my PJs to Primary school in year 2 or maybe 1. Where the theme was to be a character of some sort, so I wanted to be a thunderbird, which I was obsessed with at the time. It just so happened that I had PJ of a thunderbird uniform.

In Secondary School, we had non-school uniform day. However, you had to bring in a £1 for your form's charity, or to subsidise the cost of some school event. I remember it used to be one like every half term. Then a teaching staff member passed away. For over a year, there was no non-school-uniforms to mark respect. Since she passed away the week we were having one. For some reason all future ones went. After that is was once or twice a year, not necessarily every term. The £1 still remained.

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
it would distract from the main focus of the school (learning new stuff)
Peachy

Explains why I have pajama day in my HS. The school system here is a joke. It's a pathetic excuse for an education.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Yeah, back when I was in elementary and middle schools, they had pajama day once-a-year. I don't recall ever participating in it; maybe because wearing pajamas to school is an odd thing to do, even if everyone was doing it on a particular day. I think that mostly girls participated in it, and some boys did, too.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
No.

Do people take PJ days seriously? In English do you discuss the poems of Shakespeare whilst wearing your bunny PJs or whatever? :p
Or does everybody just check out the 'hot chick' whose wearing the revealing PJs, or generally prat about?

I just find it funny to picture a normal school day happening in PJs, as the non-uniform days people didn't do any work.

Really? Interesting. We never had any problems with non-uniform days here, but they were generally rewards. If you raised enough money, donated during a certain fundraiser, made student of the month, picked the word of the week, donated blood, etc... is when you got a dress down day. There weren't many school-wide dress down days, though.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Really? Interesting. We never had any problems with non-uniform days here, but they were generally rewards. If you raised enough money, donated during a certain fundraiser, made student of the month, picked the word of the week, donated blood, etc... is when you got a dress down day. There weren't many school-wide dress down days, though.

When I went to College, My younger sibling who is in Secondary schools get a similar thing. It's basically, the best performing form of each year gets an extra day for non uniform, at the end of each term. Based on how got the most "Green Comments" and lease "Red comments" in their planner made by teaching staff.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Nope. When you go to a school with uniform, just being allowed not to wear uniform is considered treat enough. Basically we get a set number per year, and the money usually goes to charity. Being a boys only school, that simply means 99% of people come in in a tshirt and jeans, and perhaps a hoody or something similar. Nothing that special really.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yah we have it every year. I teach in an elementary school and it is a fun day. I wear my sponge Bob pj's, bathrobe, and don't need to shave. It is a great day!

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Other
Yeah, it was always part of spirit week. I never participated though. I didn't really have any pajamas. Plus my school spirit was rather low as well. And it also usually seemed like mostly only girls participated.

It never seemed to have any effect on learning. People didn't really pay any less attention on those days, at least as far as I noticed.

Role
  1. Private
No.

dress codes sweety
im in public school now

but your right give kids in private school some freedom ( i was in private untill highschool...tech school is closest to private and free ^___^ and the graphic design program rules but anyway...) and all hell breaks loose :sweatdrop: always fun

i think pj day should be during standerdized testing

pjs, slippers, and plushies :3

testing gives me panic attacks D:

in my state if you dont past these 4 bubble tests sophomore year you get no diploma

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.