Did Your Parents Give You Infantilist Desires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Over the years, I've thought about this a lot. Did my parents contribute to my infantilism? My conclusion is through various ways, yes. I am not saying they were entirely responsible, but they contributed. Let me explain. I was toilet trained at 2.5 years mostly because my brother was born at that time and they did not want two kids in diapers. Despite the numerous accidents I can remember, my parents refused to investigate the matter with a professional or allow me to go back to wearing diapers. As my mom would say many times, diapers were for babies. Instead, I was spanked for accidents and told to grow up. As fate would have it, when I was around 5 we moved next door to a boy who was just a little younger than me, but was still diapered full-time. I witnessed his mom changing him and giving him all the time in the world to get out of diapers. That's when things changed for me. I wanted to wear diapers no matter what my parents said. That's when I also wanted my mom to be like his mom. I've never considered it as wanting to be a baby. I just wanted support and security for my delayed maturation. I'm wondering how many other people were in similar situations.
Spaz

B

Butterfly Mage

I don't think my parents contributed much in that department. I had a more practical interest in diapers when I was a kid because my dad was a jackass when he drove long distances and would only stop when *he* had to go to the bathroom. So my sister and I usually just had to suffer if we were in a car a long time. So I remember thinking that it would have been good to have access to diapers so I wouldn't be so uncomfortable.

So I can't say it was fetish-related at that point.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I think my father is responsible for my fetish. I was 3 when I had an accident and my father went ballistic. He scared me so bad I hid behind the couch and cried myself to sleep. It was not long after that I began thinking about diapers.

I'm not certain this was the cause, but is the earliest memory I have of my interest in diapers.

A

Asher

For me, I do not think it was really pushed by my parents. I was potty trained at a late age, so my parents never really pushed me out of diapers to begin with. However, I can definitely see how this fetish could possibly be pushed by parents, especially in Priva's, Spaz's, and Butterfly Mage's cases.

The whole culture of being an AB/DL is quite diverse in itself. For some individuals, it could had been caused by parents. Some it could had been caused by other reasons. For some it was just inside the whole time. All we know for certain is that we're all here, one way or another, parents or not.

- Asher

Milla

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
I don't think my parents really influenced my infantilism. Maybe growing up being raised only by mom, who didn't scold me at all for wetting the bed (the response was night-time diapers for a couple of years), could have contributed to it. I think it just came from some of my first memories. I can distinctly remember back in pre-school watching a lot of my friends get their diapers changed, and I can remember specifically wetting myself many days after snack time (Oh the things that an infantilist would remember!).

Eh, it could be, or it couldn't be, I guess I'll never know.

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Early memories are remembered precisely because they were traumatic, exciting and/or stressful. Probably not a coincidence that those of us who got stuck on diapers at an earlier age can recall a particularly poignant memory involving them. I guess the question I'll never know is had my parents not acted the way they did when I was very young, would I still want to wear diapers (taking into account my overactive bladder and irritable bowels)?
Spaz

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
No. Not at all actually.

(And if they were...i definitely dont remember)

BrattyBaby28

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
For me, my parents divorced early, and I was in a position where I had to grow up quickly and start taking care of myself a lot. I never really had much of a carefree childhood, and I think that's the main reason that lead me down this path.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I highly doubt it. If anything I just naturally liked diapers I just preferred diapers more then use of the toilet. Of course now I get the best of both worlds.

Ultima

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Nothing really happened in my childhood that I can say affected me in my desires. But I mean I've never really analyzed it in that way, taking how my parents were into consideration. Not to say I didn't have my troubles during childhood (I did, trust me), but I don't know if they contributed to my feelings. I think the main thing that makes me how I am is my extreme fear of death, and a desire to be at an age where that didn't matter. The only thing I could imagine is the fact that both my mother and great-grandmother (who I lived with also), did their best to give me a great childhood. But I mean my desires go way back, to a time where things were already like that. Perhaps, subconsciously, it somewhat adds to it though.

pajamakitten

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Carer
When I was about 8 i had difficulty fitting into the huggies I wore at night, instead of getting a larger size my mum saidI wasn't allowed to wear them anymore. At the time I excepted it but that may have contributed to my desires.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Other than being allowed to have my plushies back after combined effort between me, and my shrink (who realised he couldn't carry out their aim of 'curing' me) nope. They really don't like it, and I think my shrink pointing out lots of people have plushies as mascots etc. allowed me to have them back.

Scratchpaws

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
For me, growing up was relatively normal. I was potty trained at a regular age as far as i know and my parents never made a big deal of it when i wet the bed.

Although, I have had the privilege to be able to use baby bottles until i was like *shrugs* eight years old maybe? And my bed has *never* been without a plushie. So perhaps having access to stuff like that at an older age made me want to be little again?

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Carer
I think I was always kind of a "grown up" kid. I taught myself to read when I was three, I had to fend for myself in many ways being the child of a weird home...I needed to be babied even at that young age to relieve stress. lol

I remember being jealous of the attention given younger kids in diapers. I was just kind of an afterthought. You reach a certain age in my family, and you're no longer able to get the attention given someone your age just the day before your birthday. So I always yearned to be younger and cared for like I used to be.

I started stealing diapers from my friend's cousin when I was five. And it was a great feeling. Even if my family would never again see me as a younger kid, I could see myself that way. So it was always engrained in me that being young or acting young was better than growing up.

That said, I own my own home, make lots of money, and am engaged. So I did grow up, I just have to have my immature moments to even it out. *grin*

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've told this before, but I was adopted when I was 2, and I think I spent some time at an orphanage/adoptive agency. I'm sure that potty training under those circumstances was not well done. I believe that when my adoptive parents got me, I was still in diapers. When I was 4 I was walking around the house saying dah dah, etc. My mom got mad and told me to stop or she would put me in diapers. She said she still had my diapers and rubber pants. I wanted to be put back in them, but company was coming over and I didn't want them to see me in diapers. For what ever reason, I have always wanted to be in diaper, and that one experience is my earliest memory of wanting to be in diapers.

LunaCat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I don't know. This is kind of a complex question. I starting liking diapers at an early age (4? 5?) and can't think of anything either of my parents did to kickstart that at that time.

I think it was a couple of things...

Most kids look forward to growing up, but I was always scared about it. I saw growing up as being able to acquire things I wanted currently but no longer desiring those things. I remember being extremely frustrated at the idea that I, for example, could not afford toys that I wanted, and relied on adults to buy them for me. I knew one day the toys I enjoyed would be a drop in the bucket monetarily, but once they were, I'd no longer want them. I'd want more expensive things that I, at the time, found immensely boring. One day... I would buy a couple hundred dollar vacuum cleaner... and like it...

Teens also freaked me out. When I was little, it seemed like as you got older your intelligence level increased... until you became a teen at which point you became retarded for a few years before starting an upward climb again. So I was terrified of becoming a teen and that happening to me. Having watched it happen to so many people (and general observations on "typical teens") I thought hormones just made you crazy for a short (hopefully) period in your life.

I was also treated in many ways as an adult when I was very young, and many people said that I acted much older than I was. (When I was 8, a college friend of my mother's told her she felt intimidated around me, and that she was afraid she say something around me that would make me feel she was stupid. Another friend said I reminded her of her father.) I was around adults more than children and often preferred them to people my own age. Most of the time, when young kids speak to adults, adults will acknowledge that they're speaking but are really ignoring them (patronizing). Not that this never happened to me (I would notice it and simply stop talking if someone did this to me), but most of the time I'd partake in adult conversations as a sort of honorary peer. So, I think I clung to youth discretely through infantilism as a way to counter aspects of myself that were the opposite of infantilism.

It's actually mildly humorous when you think about it. I was into being a toddler pretty much... while I was a toddler or immediately afterwards. The big feature that stood out about me as I was growing up was that I was a "little old man". Now that I'm an adult (almost 30), the "little old man" features don't really stick out so much anymore. Now it's my fondness for stuffed animals, blankies, pacis, etc. I'm basically a larger, more experienced version of myself when I was 5 and the things that were odd about me are becoming normal whereas the things that were normal about me are now odd.

Ironic (don'tcha think)

Status
Not open for further replies.