Did your AB side start out with only being DL?

PaddedInHaslet

Straight Diaper Lover
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello. I’ve been a DL for as long as I can remember, but have no interest in the AB side. Somebody told me it’s only a matter of time before I start transitioning to AB, but I can’t see that happening. So I want to pose this question to all the ABs out there. Did your AB side come out after first starting as a DL?

diaperfooties

🍼
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I started as dl and have slowly evloved more and more ab. It is very possible I could have always be abdl but just started out with diapers. I have always like certain clothing like onesies and footed pajamas.

Topex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Up until I was about 16-17 I identified purely as DL. Then about 6-12 months after that I identified as completely on the AB side of the spectrum as a little and still do

Poofybutt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
It's an interesting question🤔

From what I have come to know, based on sites like Understanding Infantilism, a majority of people within the AB/DL community identify as both; DL and AB, the percentage of which tends to vary. That being said, there are known to be exceptions to the rule, as such, there are some people who strictly identify as DL and some who strictly identify as AB or Little. I'd say personal preference, i.e. how you view this side of yourself also has some say. People who fall more on the kink/fetish/sexual end of the spectrum are more likely to identify as strictly DL whereas people who view this as a form of stress relief, self care, emotional or a type of lifestyle would be more likely to identify as strictly AB/Little.

Take myself for instance, my interest in diapers has always stemmed from my desire to be a baby again, they are an integral part of regression for me, they are not the be all end all of the experience, but more often than not, a means to an end (don't get me wrong, I still love the comfort of my diaps, but they are just one part of the equation)... so I identify as an AB :)

I guess what I am saying is, there's always a chance that you could be both and yes, there are DLs out there who slowly embraced or discovered their AB side over time. However, not all DLs are going to have AB tendencies, latent or otherwise and vice versa, so whoever told you "it's only a matter of time" is speaking from their own experience and generalizing.

If you're just a DL then that's cool. I'd say if you identify as a DL, are well into your late 20's/early 30's, have never entertained the idea of regression or other AB behaviours and view diapers as merely a fetish object, then your role isn't likely to change. Besides, even if you do find yourself gravitating more towards the AB end of the spectrum, there's no shame in following up on it and exploring both sides 😄

Last edited:

PampersboyLondon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I started out as purely DL I absolutely love and cherish my Nappies and wouldn’t give them up for anyone. I don’t have to be little to want to wear them and they excite me sexually.

That said my little side and AB come out of experimentation and trying things like bottles and pacis then moving on to clothing. I’ve always had stuffies at bedtime, plus I was very much a mummy’s boy growing up I loved cuddling up to my mum in the evenings and stuff so I guess that’s transition into my ABDL side it’s now a mixture of the two and I’m lucky enough to have found a mummy now that enjoys me being her little boy and it’s such a special bond and we enjoy adult stuff with nappies too which brings out my DL side like going to the cinema or just changing while out is rather appealing as it feel naughty and therefore is a turn on.

I think you find you and other people can bring out additional aspects through play and exploration.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
You could say I've been DL since childhood, I've had this fetish since I was little, not really understanding it or what sexual arousal was of course. You could say I was showing ab tendencies in my teens, but I didn't start considering myself an ab until I was like 20.

Petew33

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Hello i started wearing diapers last year to see what they feel like. Never really thought of my self as a AB/DL seriously untill about 6 months ago. I noticed that i was buying diapers on a monthly basis. Now im a diaper lover for sure. The adult baby side it started with buying a cheep paciefire on amazon i still have it today. I mainly wear diapers only around my appartment. I eventually want to start wearing more openly. Still working on the courage for that part. I love my onsies. I also love using my babby bottle when i can at home. I enjoy being a baby espically to relieve stress from work it helps me unwind during a long day at work. I also have started sleeping in diapers i love them that much.

siysiy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
I think I have always been a Little. I dont need to be diapered to regress. I can do that every easy.

Being a grownup is much harder.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
The AB aspect has been there from the start for me, strongly intertwined. I don't think conversion is inevitable but it does happen with fair frequency. I think perhaps it's a good way to do more with it if you want to make something more of it, and there are some parts of baby life that are nice, comforting, or exquisitely demeaning (sometimes all of the above), so it can fill needs. If DL is all you feel, do that.

Katie2fingers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
I actually started AB, because I couldn't put diapers on myself, but I could hide my paci. I knew I wanted diapers.. So, when I came out three years ago, one of the first things I did was ask to be put in just a diaper and T-shirt, barefoot in my wheelchair sucking my pacifier. Went all over the house, the freedom I felt. I was amazed! I couldn't believe what I was missing all those years.

RobbyRocketPants

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've always been a DL, and it's always been almost entirely about the diapers, but even in my early teenage experiments I wanted to regress a bit - I remember wearing a makeshift diaper and old, too-small boys' pajamas, playing at being changed, or sitting in an old highchair or pram in my parents' basement (Dad was a bit of a junk hoarder).

Now that I'm middle aged - I'm branching out a bit. To be frank, just wearing diapers has become routine and boring after so many years. There's only so much you can do with them! But I'm buying lots of pajamas like the kind I wore as a child in the 70s/80s, some juvenile outerwear (dinosaur t-shirts!), kids' bedding (rockets, foxes and owls, etc), and listening to regression hypnosis tracks. My target age is about 3 1/2 to 7, when I was just starting to experience wanting diapers again - that's the age I want to regress to.

Last edited:

SpAzpieSweeTot

Insensitivity about disability sparks salt!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Here's the thing. What you're saying can happen, but, so can the exact opposite. I'm a Little bABy girl, through and through, unnnnnntil I have the kind of dreams mixed company shouldn't hear. When that happens, my brain is actually killing 2 birds with one stone. It's warning my cerebrally palsied butt I need to wake up to pee, and making me climax, which I find gives my less than continent self the time I need to make it to the toilet.

As far as Little bABy stuff goes, try it, if you want. You might find something that you like on a 5 senses level. For some people, that comes first, thinking about the sounds, sights, smells, tastes, and tactile sensations they like, liked as babies, or think they might like now. For others, they just pick things based on, "that inexplicable draw."

Last edited:

ABdrew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Lots say you can start out at a DL and progress to being AB but I think people who go from DL to AB where always ABDL but had either ignored there AB side or just not discovered it. Either way it's all ok. If your DL, AB or ABDL it's fine, there nothing wrong with you. Never worry or feel ashamed. We are all different it's what makes us all special.

For me, I am ABDL mostly AB as I sort of live the lifestyle with my mummy wife in balance. But as diapers excite me I do have an DL side. But I am mostly mummies little AB guy.

I started being AB when I was 5 I would wear diapers and regress I wanted to be a baby again. When I was 12 and purity hit my DL side appeared but I was still very much AB. Then at 38 when I told my wife, we had been together since I was 21 but I had hidden it, it was mostly DL at that point as I suppressed my AB side as I think it was easier to be DL around my wife at first.
It wasn't till one night not long after I told my wife I was in an sdk diaper and pjs that where child like tshirt and shorts with bugs bunny on them. There are lots of mens adult pjs in Australia that are kid like.
I was lying on the bed and half a sleep when I started sucking my thumb and regressing my wife sat there and stated watching me I had my paci hidden under my pillow and put it in my mouth. My wife started treating me as a toddler, talking to me and rubbing my back like a mommy soothing a child. I started to regressed deeper and baby talk then she saw that I was really a little inside. I feel into a deep sleep. The next day we talked alot and over time she encouraged me to except my AB side, after many years of fighting who I was it was a great weight lifted once I excepted I am AB with a little bit of DL thrown in.

So it's ok to be who you are.

dl44

おむつの女の子
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I started off wearing diapers, as when I was about 7 or so I remembered finding an old box of pullups from when I needed them, I snuck a few pairs into my room and wore one, and I remembered the comfort they gave me, and so I wanted to re-live that experience.

Fast forward to now, I get diapers whenever I can, and I an most definitely branching out into the AB side as well. I am hoping to make my room more little-oriented because it is just a major form of stress relief, and having to deal with depression and anxiety, I will take any escape from reality that I can. I also take a certain green herb to deal with this, and it also helps immensely, probably more than anything else (even after years of counseling, nothing else works) but I should not talk about that much here.

I have 2 plush toys, one is a 1m tall teddy bear I got from a grocery store on discount, the other is a small vintage lion king Simba plush that used to belong to my sister. Being padded, snuggled up in bed with a plushie is heaven. I would love to go even further, but I live with my mother, in a small house, and she enters my bedroom almost every day, so there is only so much I can hide and get away with.

Atticus1088

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
It all depends on what your comfortable with. I've seen posts like these before, some on the Diaper forum, where it seems as though an overwhelmingly number of respondents were strictly DL without ever having a feeling to be AB. So it depends on the person and their limits.

I always felt I had more of a babyish side to me. When I was younger I remember wanting to wear diapers and I loved footed pajamas. I started off more DL because diapers were the easiest item to get and hide. As I gained more independence and a steady means of income, I started to buy pacifiers, bottles, and footed pj's. I had no idea at the time why I wanted to buy those things, but my curiosity got the better of me. I enjoyed using them, and from there, I knew I was AB.

DannyBBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
for me it happened so long a go and I was all ready a little guy when it happened, so I don't really know . so I would have to say that I'm am a AB and always have been a AB