Did you want to stay in diapers as a child?

Harley07 said:
I was a bed wetter till I was 13 when it got to the point I was waking up dry I would pee my diaper on purpose as I didn't want my mother saying I didn't need them anymore...
I did the same thing. When I started having some consecutive dry nights -I think it was the summer before I started 9th grade, I would sometimes pee my dry diaper on purpose because i did not want to lose the security and, I suppose the convenience, of my night diapers. I probably did this for over a year before I stopped sleeping in diapers. But I never got to totally dry and I started using them routinely around the age of 17 just to avoid the drama of a wet bed. The one thing I found out-as many of you did I am sure- is that growing teenagers have a lot more output than a 12 year old. When the bedwetting accidents would invariably happen, it was a fully and well peed bed-not just a small wet spot.

Reactions: jaredc3, wetaccident, thickdiapers and 2 others
thickdiapers said:
I love auto correct 🤣 lol...

I have always had an intense desire to wear diapers since potty training, right up through adulthood. I never did anything about it though. I grew up in a bad environment and didn't want to make things worse.

When I was about 10-11, I found my old cloth diapers being used as dusting cloths and tried to wear them. All it did is make my midsection smell like lemon pledge!
Being pottery trained is important too! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL
thickdiapers said:
I love auto correct 🤣 lol...

I have always had an intense desire to wear diapers since potty training, right up through adulthood. I never did anything about it though. I grew up in a bad environment and didn't want to make things worse.

When I was about 10-11, I found my old cloth diapers being used as dusting cloths and tried to wear them. All it did is make my midsection smell like lemon pledge!

LOL- Great story about the lemon Pledge !

iampadded said:
I did the same thing. When I started having some consecutive dry nights -I think it was the summer before I started 9th grade, I would sometimes pee my dry diaper on purpose because i did not want to lose the security and, I suppose the convenience, of my night diapers. I probably did this for over a year before I stopped sleeping in diapers. But I never got to totally dry and I started using them routinely around the age of 17 just to avoid the drama of a wet bed. The one thing I found out-as many of you did I am sure- is that growing teenagers have a lot more output than a 12 year old. When the bedwetting accidents would invariably happen, it was a fully and well peed bed-not just a small wet spot.
You’re so right on growing teenager output. Will never forget, I was beer drinking nineteen at the time. Waking up to another “OH NO” I jumped out of bed to survey the damage. Best I can figure the protective rubber sheet was 36” X 54". Anyway, peeling back the sodden bottom sheet and pad the flannel covered rubber sheet had barely, and I mean barely, contained my accident. It was no small wet spot, that’s for sure. If only I’d had a digital camera!

SparkleBunny said:
Well, once we were old enough to start potty training, we were put in training panties (I called them cloth pull-ups since i didn't know what they were before). So mine were white with things like teddy bears, alphabet blocks, rattles, etc. printed on them. All of them were outlined with a different color. They were padded pretty well that I could wear them to daycare too. Other then these I really have no memory of diapers at all.

This was my situation. Out of pin on diapers by age 2 so no memory, but training underwear (glorified pull on cloth diapers) were my norm up through I think age 10 (off and on) with plastic underpants (off and on).

I recall seeing my bubblegum colored plastic underpants in my second dresser drawer when I was around age 6. I used to shift them beneath my underwear so hopefully if any of my friends came into my room and just decided to look through my drawers they would not see them (none of my friends ever did this). The fact that they seemed to always be on top of my underwear pile logically tells me my mom must have been washing them and putting them back in to my drawer, though I have very little recall of wearing them at that age. I must have been using them and having small accidents occasionally. When I as around 5 - 6 I think I remember asking my mom if I should put my plastic underpants and my underwear in the hamper even if I wasn't "that wet". She said to put them in the hamper each morning regardless. I guess it was for her to deicide if they were completely dry or not, not me. ha

My belief is that my parents left me my plastic underpants and training underwear in my drawer through age 10 so if I felt the need to wear at night due to my sporadic wetting while sleeping I had the opportunity and resources for protection. My mom did remove them when I was age 7 but my first sleepover at age 8 was terrible as I soaked my friend's bed. I told his mom I had pp but my mom removed them several months previously. I think they came back (bigger size) after that incident but if I put them on any nights it seemed matter of fact to me just like a young boy putting on regular underwear. It just became too normal for me to pull on my pp on over my underwear and then pull my pj bottoms over them. Out of sight out of mind. Either way I am glad my parents gave me the resources for waking up in dry sheets and pjs until I was bed-wetting free by age 12.

iampadded said:

At age 8 at my first sleepover I was dry for the preceding year but woke up in the middle of the night to a full 3 foot circle of wetness. I was astounded the amount of pee I did and realized that an 8 yo boy wets the bed much more than a 6 yo boy from my previous recalled wetting the sheets.

Several months later the same thing for me at age 8 waking up with pp and training underwear at my same friend's house and still leaking out onto the sheets. I was crushed as this was my previous protection that worked great up until now. My friend's mother put me in a full diaper and plastic underpants from the local children's' hospital that had wider waist and leg bands and though I was humiliated at being back in a diaper, it worked as my soaked diaper never leaked the following night and I actually enjoyed the feeling of dry sheets even though I was soaked.

This actually made is easier on my when I was dry from age 12 - 17 but then in college it started up again and I knew from the diameter of the wet spot on my sheet that training underwear was not a good choice so I bought adult snap on diapers and plastic underpants at the local medical store and accepted the increased protection.

Strangely it was the opposite for me. I associated diapers with being talked down to like a baby.

According to mom, I potty trained really quickly. Like in one weekend. And apparently I was determined to wear regular underwear. I remember the first time I went to Sunday school(still in the nursery) after I was out of diapers and I told the workers there that I didn't need to be changed anymore.

Also,

I really hated stuff geared towards kids. For instance, a family member bought me a kids encyclopedia.....and I was angry that I didn't get a "adult" one. I always wanted "realistic" stuff...especially toys. I had more scale model airplanes than I did toy airplanes when I was 6. When my action figures "fought eachother"....they got marked up with a red marker, because when Batman punches a bad guy...someone is going to get a bloody face.

So yeah, my stupid ass decided that I would rush through I dunno...the first few levels of life. Then when I was about 5 years old, I fell off the wagon.

Growing in diapers was interesting, being only 4ft 5 in was not fun at all and my moms car seat rule. I remember everything in detail... short story is I was babied a lot more than normal and in the 90s there were a lot more old school mothers than there are now. If you want my complete story message me.

Back