Did you sometimes pee your bed intentionally once you started becoming dry because you were not yet ready to give up the security of your night diaper

iampadded

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was a chronic everynight bedwetter until around the age of 14. Then I started to out grow it. I admit I probably stayed in diapers longer than I had to because if I was dry too many nights in a row I would sometimes intentionally pee my bed. I did this a couple of times after my mother decided I should go without diapers since it would help to train me faster to stay dry at night. I totally peed my bed for a couple of nights until she determined I was not yet ready to go without. This probably went on for over a year longer than I really needed the diapers and plastic pants

Diapers are a safety blanket and without them you didn’t feel safe it’s like giving up a dummy (paci) or a stuffie, they are an emotional support item and they help you feel safe from the world nothing wrong with what you did, I guess laundry and diaper costs where probably something your parents could of not had to carry on doing but then I would also think they’d not understand if you asked to carry on wearing them beyond needing them.

Reactions: BigKid25
I didn't continue to wet my bed, to stay in diapers, however around that age (14) I was really wanting diapers so I would intentionally wet before I got up in the morning and that led my parents to try goodnights which I was happy about.

Reactions: PampersboyLondon
angelicprince said:
I didn't continue to wet my bed, to stay in diapers, however around that age (14) I was really wanting diapers so I would intentionally wet before I got up in the morning and that led my parents to try goodnights which I was happy about.

Braver than I ever was always wanted to do that but never had the balls to do so but I kinda knew my pArents knew about my diaper interest as by that age had already been found out once or twice 🙈

sometimes when your thinking you should wet the bed and then you just find yourself doing just that,,, my wife always thought I wet the bed because I was drunk, then I quit drinking,

I did want to wear diapers but I only got threatened with them when I wet the bed I kept hoping my mom would actually make me wear them but she didn't in the end I started taking towels and making my own diapers and it might have actually worked too well because it probably looked like I had stopped wetting even though I still wet wish she had put me in diapers though

Many times as a teenager. I know if I had made an effort to become dry during my teens I could have done it but if I woke needing to pee I just wet the bed and went back to sleep. Soon I was wetting in my sleep most nights and just made no effort to become dry at night

I did this once at like age 5 or 6, hoping they would buy me diapers again. My dad got super mad which scared me, so i never tried it again. Although if id kept it up im sure it would have happened eventually.

I see actually wanting to wet the bed as a mental disorder as opposed to a fetish. Where do we draw the line or do we draw it where we want as individuals? If you wet at night, you should wear diapers to keep the bed dry.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: BigKid25 and chamberpot
Bellybag58 said:
I see actually wanting to wet the bed as a mental disorder as opposed to a fetish. Where do we draw the line or do we draw it where we want as individuals? If you wet at night, you should wear diapers to keep the bed dry.
We're talking about childhood behaviours here, kids have acted all kinds of weird to get something they want, it's just that in this case it's a diaper, I wouldn't necessarily call it a mental illness, though a child having an attachment to diapers is somewhat unusual, though many of us here probably would have liked the chance to have been in diapers as a child.

My bad, wrong subject. Was reading others and responded to the wrong one.

Oddly enough this condition around the age of 20 I went from having the occasional bed wetting accident to much more frequent bedwetting. No idea what triggered it.

iampadded said:
Oddly enough this condition around the age of 20 I went from having the occasional bed wetting accident to much more frequent bedwetting. No idea what triggered it.
Did you have a change of habits? sleeping later/earlier, a new favourite drink? new diet? It might be a good idea to mention this to your doctor.

Lewis Badger said:
Did you have a change of habits? sleeping later/earlier, a new favourite drink? new diet? It might be a good idea to mention this to your doctor.
Haha! I think that most 20-22 year olds have some very large change in habits, sleeping patterns, and new favorite drinks. Not to mention changes in diet. My guess is that more 20-22 year olds wet the bed a few odd times than is reported anywhere.

Reactions: chamberpot
Probably about 5 years ago now I did; it didn't work

I peed my bed until I was 15, almost every other day. I didn't do it on purpose. No diapers were provided past age 2. I hated it and looking back it feels like my parents neglected me. Stinky bed and they didnt even help me in any way. No matress protector or anything. Diapers would have been a godsend not just because I liked them, but because I actually needed them, and I was too embarrassed to ask.

• Sad
Reactions: SorcerorElf and PrincessRaccoon
MarcusP said:
I peed my bed until I was 15, almost every other day. I didn't do it on purpose. No diapers were provided past age 2. I hated it and looking back it feels like my parents neglected me. Stinky bed and they didnt even help me in any way. No matress protector or anything. Diapers would have been a godsend not just because I liked them, but because I actually needed them, and I was too embarrassed to ask.
Seems ridiculous they would not at least protect the mattress? Your mom had to know.

Reactions: BigKid25
Llayden said:
Haha! I think that most 20-22 year olds have some very large change in habits, sleeping patterns, and new favorite drinks. Not to mention changes in diet. My guess is that more 20-22 year olds wet the bed a few odd times than is reported anywhere.
Your right. Who are they going to report it to? They just hide it, and move on.

Reactions: Lewis Badger
iampadded said:
Seems ridiculous they would not at least protect the mattress? Your mom had to know.

A lot of parents don't consider the possibility of a physical problem when their children have difficulty with something like potty training, and think that "tough love" type treatment will eventually take care of the problem. But when it's a real physical disability, the kid is usually left to suffer until the parent either gets a clue or the kid moves out and can address the problem themselves.

Last edited:
iampadded said:
She knew. It just wasn't talked about. She divorced when I was 7 and that was the same time I started wetting way more often. She was a single mom for many years working a full time job for 2 kids. In too many ways to count as the oldest brother I was left alone to figure out life on my own. My mom was pretty aloof to me and coddled my little brother. Its still the same to this day at age 40. She has visited me twice in the last 7 years, but visits my brother almost weekly.

Back